LAWL Losers and Friends May

You're on Page 99 of 108
Go to
  • Aggie: thanks for sharing your story with us, you have done so much for yourself from the point and you should be proud of yourself. Good luck on your test.

Well yesterday I did some crunches and some arm excercises, it felt good. I am up and ready for this weekend's challenge to stay POP. I hope ya'll have a great day. I will check back in soon.

Yeah I got paid today that a cause worth celebrating.
  • repogirl: have fun camping, I love going camping take me with you in spirit
  • aggie- I consider you a very good friend of mine even though we have never met! I believe that all of us have to go through certain things in life so we can be prepared for what the future is!

"You dont know what happiness is until you find out how sadness feels"

This is one of my favorite ones by Charles Chaplin:
    "Life only makes sense from the end to the beginning"...
  • Okay you guys--now I feel really accomplished and really crappy for complaining so much! I assumed everyone was losing the "guaranteed" 2 pounds per week and I was the only one NOT--I bring that up at every meeting--sure they love hearing it week after week at the center.

Deets--I know I keep saying this but geez girl--you look great and are such an inspiration whether you are at 133 or 140!!! Unless you are 3 feet tall you are still at a fabulous weight. But your feelings on it are the only ones that matter. Even now my family is already saying "enough" you look great but I still want "just a few more". It's all so psychological at this point. It's funny how we all have a magic number in our heads that we think will do it for us. I know my goal is still high considering my "ideal" weight--which by the way--130 for me is so FAR FROM IDEAL and I hate that they still use what I consider old charts.

Lori--I totally understand the jinxing and hate that I really don't have any old photos. I did take some when I started the Power90 workout--in spandex and all--hideous. It still wasn't enough motivation. I wonder how long the weight has to be gone for us to be able to see our new bodies. You are incredibly thin looking in your photos. Are you 5'6 also? I know I've asked. I understand about the rolls--I don't only "see" them--they are there. I finally broke down and bought a swimsuit at Walmart to take to my folks this weekend (they live on a lake--lakewater does gross things to suits!) --swimsuits just show was too much--regardless of your size--ther is really no hiding.

Aggie--what a rough period for you--so glad you came out on the winning side. Sharing is cathartic. You have come so far and should be so proud of your accomplishments. Congrats on the final and good luck with the rest.

Rebeca--your SIL is doing great and owes you a debt of gratitude! You are very gracious to help her so much. It's easy to get competitive and let the desire to be the "winner" overcome the desire to help. You went in with the right mindset that with her having so much more to lose that she would lose a lot more in the beginning. She is so lucky to have your support! DH (now) eats a lot and is still losing--really sucks. Men's metabolism is so not fair.

HeatherPP--because I admire your exercise ethic I decided it was time to get off my butt. Now--I didn't really jog--but I sorta did--how's that. We live in a neighborhood with 2 acre lots so there is a good distance between mailboxes and corner to corner is a half mile. So I started this week walking 2 miles in the evening. Midweek I did the 2nd mile where I walked/jogged in intervals between each mailbox. Baby steps for this chick. Not sure I will ever be able to jog for 15 minutes straight, much less at an incline, but it's something for me. I'm sure my neighbors thought I had lost my mind. The hottie will be our little secret. It's funny--I visit with a man (single dad) at school whose son is in DD's Kinder class and they have a lot of playdates
    --anyway when I mention something he said DH gets all nutty--it's hilarious though because while he is the nicest man I know --he's not a hottie. It's been a running joke though about DH's jealousy (he's an introvert and speaks to few and I am the OPPOSITE) but he was that way at my biggest, too--cuz I was so hot and all--HAHA--NOT.

Katie--your camping trip sounds great--can I come??? Because I am soooo looking forward to the big "family photo" for DH's side. Can you spell a-g-o-n-y?? I will survive, I will survive, I will survive--my mantra for the day. Really--I can be packed for camping in no time. Really--have a super trip!! What a great family outing. I won't complain too much--after the photo we are heading ove to my folks.

I'll be in and out til noon--everyone have a great day and an even great weekend.
  • Haylo - Congrats on the exercise -

Katie - I hope you enjoy your camping trip - I haven't ventured there in years and years - but I'm getting more interested b/c a friend of mine here at work goes camping all the time - at the lake, in the mountains,,,,etc.....so nice

Rebeca - maybe try some lemon water today - I'm sure the scale is only water - and maybe eating so late???
  • Boo - Girl any jogging is excellent - that is exactly what I did the first time while walking with Savannah - I would jog a little ways and then walk - they say that is really how you are supposed to learn - I just happened to have a trainer that said - guess what? you want results - well you run today for 15 minutes. It has felt really empowering for me - I'm starting to look foward to it - and you will too!! Take you time - do what you can and you will find that each time you can do just a little more- then a little more .......

I still struggle after 10 minutes - really sweating and out of breath - if I need to slow down - I do for about a minute and then start jogging again.......I do look foward to it - but dread it when I get there too -
  • rebeca, boo, heatherpp, and haylo, thanks for the motivation and understanding...this time of year with the stress of school, it all comes back to me somehow...maybe i should do some yoga to relax....jeeze i feel like im gonna rip out my own hair!

katie~ what are we gonna do without you this weekend! well enjoy, be safe!
  • boo~ haha, i can see little you running btwn mailboxes, the neighbors probably think they have a mail theif on their hands or something...
  • Good morning ladies-

Had a NSV last nite-after 1 1/2 hrs at the gym-I had planned to hit the grocery store . . .okay-I had been planning a "cheat" in my head all day-a slice of cake from the bakery (they sell single slices-though they are pretty large). Anyway on the way to my car I was thinking about how great I felt (sore!) and realized that I would be an idiot if I went to the store and bought the cake. And I would definately regret it. And I was not particularly having a sweet craving! So I didn't go-I didn't trust myself to go for the items I needed either. So I guess I'm hitting the store tonite! Anyway-that was a pretty good victory for me . . .

So yesterday I started TOM (surprise!), and I was actually relieved because I've been good since saturday and exercised a lot and the scale wasn't moving much. So that's why. I decided to get on the scale this morning and it was down a pound-and I'm bloated beyond belief, so I should actually have a pretty good loss this week. Yay! Now-whether I will bother to WI is another thing-I usually don't during TOM, but I need some lites . . .

For all you ladies headed out of town-have a great (but not too great) time!

You all rock, you know . . .
  • heatherPP~ ok you've done it now...im getting on the treadmill for my first official 15min jog tonight...you make it sound so good...r u sure you're not a salesperson, i bet you could sell an old buick to donald trump!
  • HeatherPP-it looks like you should become a trainer or something Way to go Aggie and Boo! Running probably isn't as hard as we think it is-it's all in our heads!
  • Wow Juliemarie! Good for you chickie. Cake is my nemesis too. I bought one of those tiny carrot cakes at Super Walmart last week, cut it into 4 pieces, and shared it with the kids. Later I checked the label. That tiny 1/4 of a little cake was 360 calories! I was stunned. No more cake for me. Great NSV for you though!

Lea Ann, Haylo- Sure girlies! Lets go! Maybe our 3FC reunion that we are always wanting to have should be a big camping trip. Well, I don't know. How about a cruise, instead?
  • Aggie - You go girl - good luck!! Don't know about the selling part - I just like to run my mouth!!! heheheheheh Hope you enjoy it

JM - I truly do believe alot is in the head - I would've never tried that on my own!!! You know - I would love to be a trainer - It would be so gratifying to be able to help people!!!

Boo - I love it - You little mail thief you - Aggie - that was too funny - your neighbors will be peeping out their windows tonight!@!!
  • Good morning chickies!

I have a NSV to share, but like HeatherPP, don't tell DH. Ya know how sometimes you notice someone you've never seen before, then it seems like everywhere you go, you see them? A few weeks ago I treated DD to lunch at McD, and while I was carrying my tray out to the playland, my water bottle tipped over and fell off. This HOT young man rushed over and got it for me. I saw him a few minutes later in the playland with his own young son. Then the next week, DD had her kindergarten musical, and I saw him again. Apparently he his kid is in Kindergarten too, but not DD's class. Anyway, we made eye contact, and it's obvious he recognized me. And how could I NOT remember him! (yes, I'm taking a pause to wipe the drool off the keyboard) So, last night I was at DD's baseball game and we meet AGAIN. And he comes over to talk to me! WOW! I know I'm reading a lot into it, but it's been a long time since I've been noticed by ANY hot young man for ANY reason. WooHoo! Anyway, it just made my night! Hubba Hubba!

JM- way to pass up the cake! I still have half a Bake-N-Fill cake sitting in my freezer. I'm about ready to pitch that dang thing.

I've said it before - HeatherPP - you ROCK! And so do you Heather CP! Way to stick with it!

Aggie - I'll bet you will be so glad when finals are done. Good Luck, Girlfriend, and give Nikita a hug for me too.

Well, off to WI and then shell out about $800 for day camp for the kids. It's a lot of money, but soooooo worth it during the summer.
  • Wherever we go a reunion with all of you guys would be a blast--I already feel like we "know" each other. Too bad we don't live closer.

HeatherPP--I just tell myslef babysteps but I know I am at a point where I will stay stuck if i don't start some cardio.

JM--GREAT NSV--walking away (or in your case not even walking in) is an enormous victory. When our brain clicks that "it's just not worth it"--WOW. Love the newest avatar--he's my hero.

Aggie--we can do this! One thing I loved about my walk the other day was my own shadow--goofy I know. I don't see myself ever being a pleasure runner--I have a friend you feels "icky" if she doesn't get a daily run in--I feel "icky" when I try.

I need good vibes for my traveling today. We are flying and while I totally trust DH's piloting ability, it's the tin can/gravity thing that gets me. Flying is his passion but I tend to nut myself out over it. I have to smile and be brave though b/c my girls love it as much as he does. Time to put on the supportive wife hat.