LAWL Losers and Friends May

You're on Page 11 of 108
Go to
  • Katie, sorry about your DH's insensitivity. Chalk it up to men will be men, and they don't get how much of our emotions are wrapped up in this thing. It's like the men are from mars book, they want to fix EVERYTHING. Hang in there, chickie!

I didn't get to go crawling back to COD today as planned...my oldest DS is home sick from school (Personally think he's faking, but we all need a day now and then). So I'm chillin, getting my exercise in, and catching up on laundry.

Have a good one, girls!
  • katie~ im so sorry your feeling down...i guess its a tough week for all of us...im with you on the may exercise...im going to try as well...i got on the scale today and no motion again...i was so fed up i started to exercise yesterday...im sorry your having flashes...i bet its hard on you..i hope soon you will start to feel better...we need you around here! im sure the weight is a factor of a lot of things, yesterday you said your having BM problems, and TOM's coming soon, plus the whole brid situation got you all out of focus...but your still an inspiration, your a strong person and you can do it...lets all motivate eachother to do better this month...april sucked for me as well as for other girls...summers around the corner and we need to get focused...the link someone provided for the oprah show helped me get centered...shes doing the boot camp and if you read her letter of motivation its great, it helped me see why i was doing this...for me...finally to better myself...you can do it katie! you can do it!

yogagurl~ welcome back! im so happy all is well, katie scared us there for a minute when we read how swollen you were and that you needed another operation...well i guess all your fears about anesthesia were topped! great to have you back and i wish you great luck on the challenege!
  • Katie...

If you haven't already read all of the support you have here, let me add some more. I am brand new here, and even though I haven't posted much, I have read a lot of your posts. You are a true friend to everyone on the board, and your participation really helps to inspire a lot of us.

Hang in there, and maybe just try to get out there and exercise for 20 mins at a time. Chances are, once you do the 20 mins, you will find the motivation to go for longer.
  • Quote: Well, DH weighed me last night. I don't think that he was very impressed with the results, because then he sat me down and said that I have GOT to start exercising again, no matter what. He was trying really hard to be motivational, and I do appreciate him trying to pump me up, but the whole conversation had me in tears. In fact, I am in tears right now just talking about it. I guess he really brought a lot of my WL fears right to the surface. My TOM is due any minute now, so that does not help much, either. I am really an emotional mess right now. I am still seeing moving pictures in my head of the whole horrible scene with Peaches the other day, and I can't seem to get rid of them. Like I told Dairy, I wish that I had Dumbledore's pensieve. Anyway, DH pointed out that when I was getting up and exercising every day, I was not depressed, and my health was better. I got up this morning and jumped back in to the BL DVD. Wish I could say that it was magic, and I feel back to 100 % now, but I still don't. I am going to commit to exercising every day in May. I have my LAWL calender that they gave me at the first of the year, and I am going to start charting too, like Angelica. I CAN DO THIS! I WILL DO THIS!
    Oh Katie - My dearest dearest chickie - You just break my heart. I'm so saddened that you are upset!! Hopefully you just perceived DH's impression of the results differently than he really felt. You know as well as everyone else that with you starting TOM - that could have a huge impact on that scale. I will agree with one thing - you could tell a difference in your energetic posts and excitement when you were working out,,,,but with that said - I was thinking of you this morning on the way to work. I thought - You know Katie has been really quiet lately. I hope she is okay and isn't depressed about anything - Not sure what I had these feelings, but I did. I was even going to im you after lunch, but then I saw your post. Please do not get down - you have done an OUTSTANDING,FABULOUS,AMAZING,WONDERFUL job at changing your life, losing weight and becoming a much healthier person all around. I know the events of the past few weeks still bother you - but that like all other tragedys will take time to heal. You've had so much going on at least in the past week - so please don't beat yourself up - try to take it one day at a time - don't wear yourself out on the BL workout -= do it every other day to get back into it - see how you feel - as you do more and more - it will provide you with more energy and feeling better.

It really did bring tears to my eyes to see you so down. You are an inspiration to so many on this board and you are like many of our personal COD counselor - You are so knowledgable and we consider you such a wealth of information - you know why?? BECAUSE YOU ARE A SUCCESS - YOU HAVE MADE THIS PLAN WORK - NOT ONLY FOR YOU - BUT MANY OTHERS - YOU HAVE THE COMPASSION TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE AND TRY TO DETERMINE WHY THEY ARE HAVING TROUBLE. most people just take care of themselves - but look how many lives you affect in such a positive way - You have 18 kids daily that you love and take care of the neccesities - that is something the "ordinary" person just can't do - or wouldn't do........

I just want you to know that you are a wonderful person. Take your time - get back into "your" mode and things will work themselves out. Sometimes DH try to help motivate - but their words are just not as compassionate as we would like them to be - Remember he is only trying to help you and Mars is very very different from Venus!!! (trying to make you smile)

We love you girl!!!
  • yeah-what she said
  • Quote: Good morning!

It feels good to be back among the living. I ended up with a serious infection and a second oral surgery last monday. I felt like I was going to die! I finally went back to work yesterday, and am almost back on solid foods.

I have missed you all! Sounds like everything is moving and shaking as usual.

I have been POOP for 2 weeks, but have managed not to gain anything back. It helps that I could hardly eat at all most of the time. I am starting the challenge today. I was reading about what several of you said about variety and I totally agree. I'm hoping the switch from soft foods to the challenge is really going to kick start my losing. I bought 2 new pairs of capri pants yesterday and am down a whole pant size! Whoohoo!

Kristi
    Girl - so glad you are feeling better - I can't even imagine and congrats on the wonderful NSV - I'm sure those capri's "fit" you well!!! you go girl!
  • Quote: Hi Everyone.

Killer Cramps again today, I look and feel as though I have 2 innertubes around my middle, and my back is killing me. The DSs are stressing me out, I had to leave work early yesterday because of an issue with the oldest DS that had to be nipped in the bud, and then as soon as I get settled in today and start working out a problem here at work, the nurse at youngest DSs school calls to let me know that he's in the clinic with a headache and earache, and wants to know what I want to do about it. I can't jump in the car and go to him because I'm on the bus today (couldn't drive today because there is a baseball game down here at noon and parking is $20). So I get ahold of DH and ask him to take the DS a dose of sinus medicine to school, and he gets all angry with me for calling him because he was at the nursery trying to pick plants for his veggie garden. ????? I've HAD it today!

I hope you ladies are faring a bit better than me today. Yesterday was POP, so I think I'm hot stuff on the diet front right now.
    Carm
    I'm so sorry your having such a bad day!! You never get a break it seems like?? Glad you are hot stuff ont he diet front - that should at least make you feel somewhat better!!!!

Hopefully DH will get off that veggie garden high horse are realize what takes priority!!! men are to funny sometimes you know? they just don't get it
  • Katie, men have no clue what "reasonable weight loss" is. He probably has heard this challenge thing and (like the commercials) thinks you are really going to lose 20 lbs in a month and a half. You're 160 lbs girl...you don't have that much to lose. Men can lose 20 lbs in 2 or 3 weeks, so I'm sure he thinks he was going to see 140 or something (esp. with you in challenge mode). Don't pay one iota of attention to him (and you gotta be crazy to weigh AT NIGHT BEFORE TOM). If you are sticking with this no-scale thing, then go out tonight to walmart or something and try on pants just to see how they are fitting. I bet you're down a size, even. You trusting your Dh to guage "reasonable weight loss" is like letting your kids pick out "a small amount of candy." Just no clue!
  • Quote: You trusting your Dh to guage "reasonable weight loss" is like letting your kids pick out "a small amount of candy." Just no clue!

That was too funny!!!
  • No kidding! Remember- a man can skip lunch and lose 10lbs!
  • Thanks so much all of you. I really needed that today. Somehow, I tend to lose focus of the big picture sometimes. I can do this. Furthermore, I AM doing this! You know, he is so funny. I think that he thought making me mad would get me up and going. Crazy part? It did. I am doing just fine with my WL, and I know I can get there. I cannot wait for family reunions this year. The fam is going to die when they see me. The other night my uncle said "Boy Kate, you sure are looking slim, wish I knew what your secret is." I said, "It is no secret, I am doing LAWL." He says, "Yeah, but does it really work?" DUDE, what? Here's your sign. Anyway, thanks for making me smile. I have a lot going for me, and guys help me to remember that.
  • Katie - . You know none of us are right when you're not right, right?

HeatherPP - Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts for a better day. Your positive attitude is so contagious, and I love it!!! BTW, have you tried another gourmet shake yet?

Calling Milca, come innn Milca...
  • Carm- thanks chickie. I hope you day improves, too. Dang these kids and DH's. We need a vacation! From them!
  • Carm - no more experiments yet - but I did try the chocolate this morning - plain (out of the can though) and it wasn't that bad. The vanilla has some sort of aftertaste!! The chocolate I could deal with. I think that can gives them a funny flavor too - HOping to find something other than chocolate and vanilla - anybody found them at a national chain or somewhere on the east coast???
  • HeatherPP - I also saw strawberry at walmart, but only got the Chocolate. I've been looking for the coffee flavor, to no avail.