Dieting With Diabetes - The Long, Hot Summer

You're on Page 5 of 20
Go to
  • Morning everyone..its a beautiful sunny day here..wish i felt as good.. had aterrible night of sleep nothing new tho same old story diff day..my girlfriend and i had fun playing cards at the senior center last night..i have trouble sometimes wrapping my brain around the fact that i am a senior so when did this all take place.. time sure goes by fast..they had such yummy snacks at the center last night..i was sooooo tempted but knew if i started i wouldnt quit till next xmas ..im proud of me ..im suppose to be getting my kitchen ready for painting and im still sitting here procrastinating..maybe a good fairy will come and do it for me..i hope everyone has a nice mothers day tomorrow ..(((((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey
  • Hi gang . . . Not one of my better days. Had a pig out lunch that lasted right through until dinner time. At least I'm not hungry now, just thirsty, a sure sign the BS is high and I really don't want to know how high for sure. I'll just keep slugging back the water and hope everything is OK again in the morning.

Beautiful sunny day here again. Hope it continues for a good while longer. Still in the mid 60's, but I know the hotter stuff is coming before long. Oh Pooh.

Hang in there, Rosetta. You can get back on the good-stuff path again. We all have bad times. It's a long, long journey but we're all here for you girl.

Hope you have a great weekend, Jeanne. What's a "gam session"? And what do you do that you worry about the full moon bringing out the 'nuts'? Is your last name VanHelsing? Sorry to be so nosey. You know what they say about cats.

Sorry you had a bad night, Rosey. Hope you sleep better tonight. You have every right to be proud of yourself for staying away from the treats. WTG.

Have a good evening, everybody. I really need a heavy dose of so thought I'd share it. Have a great time moving and shaking in the great downward direction.
  • HAPPY MOTHERS DAY Hope you are all having a great day ((((hugs)))) rosey
  • Morning everyone..another pretty day here.. wondering where is everyone..stepped on the scale this am and another 3#'s gone.. i was so excited..my daughter and her girlfriend are coming over today to help me tear apart my kitchen and get ready to paint on wed.. im so greatful for the help as this old lady doesnt get up on stools or ladders have a great day all ((((((((hugs)))))) rosey
  • Happy belated Mother's Day to you all!

Did my second day at Curves this morning. I am rather enjoying it.

I have my colposcopy this afternoon. I am not looking forward to it. Hope I'm not cramping too much afterwards, as I didn't make it grocery shopping this morning and my house is devoid of food.

Well, gotta hit the showers.

Hugs,
  • I'm here . . . I'm here . . . it's another beautiful, sunny day in Atlantic Canada, but the temperature is creeping up above 70 so you can all stop sending the hot stuff my way. I like it just the way it is, gang.

Rosey . . . Congratulations on another 3 pounds sent to ugly-pound-heaven, chickie. Boy do I ever know what you mean about ladders . . . everytime I have to get on one, I'm sure it will never hold me, or I'll just get dizzy and fall off or something. Good luck with getting the kitchen ready.

Josian . . . Glad you are enjoying Curves. Good luck with the colposcopy (whatever it is?) If it's anything like a colonoscopy, I can understand what you mean about the post-procedural cramps. Keep us posted.

Nothing too exciting in my part of the world today. I've been on track and hopefully heading in the right direction the past couple of days although I've probably been overdoing the salt again. We will see what my 'wwi' has to say.

See you soon, gang. Keep it moving and shaking in the meantime. Here's a little to keep us going.
  • Hi everyone.. my kitchen is done and boy does it look nice..once we got started we just kept going..it got scrubbed cleaned painted and wallpaper border up.. it sure looks nice..now just have to put everything back in place but want everything to dry really good so we are having take out for dinner.. good excuse not to cook yup i thought it was a really good excuse ((((((hugs))))))) rosey
  • Hi, all. Didn't have a chance to check the forum until after work. I was bad over the weekend. Part of it was "last meal syndrome" - you know, eat, drink and be merry because Monday starts the diet. Usually good for a few lbs. Wish I'd weighed this morning. That would have sobered me up. I had good intentions today and made it through lunch time without going off track. But then at the end of the day I felt like having popcorn, so I bought a 3-pack of 110 calories each and have eaten 2 and am thinking about the third, even though I'm full. I know calorie-wise that's okay, but I really don't want to eat between meals because most of the time, it's not hunger, it's boredom and/or depression. And now I'm thinking of dinner. (And not the meal supplement.) On the plus side, I made it to the gym for a workout with my trainer. That went really well. I'm going back tomorrow night and Thursday night. Hope to get into a routine. Maybe that will motivate me.
    Meowee - thanks for the encouragement. I'm with you on the weather. Yesterday it went up to 80 degrees or more. I don't feel comfortable in that heat and it's hard to exercise. Fortunately, today the wind whipped up and it's cooler. Rosey - congratulations on another 3 lbs gone! You're doing wonderfully. And that kitchen -- you deserve a dinner out for all that work.
  • Hi . . . another sunny morning . . . but they are predicting some rain starting this afternoon and we actually need it. . . parts of the province are having some serious forest-fire problems already. Just hope it doesn't continue for two weeks once it starts.

Rosey . . . congratulations on getting the kitchen done, girl. Great feeling of accomplishment and a great reason not to cook.

Rosetta . . . good going on the workout. Unfortunately I know that 'last meal syndrome' only too well. We all probably have the problem a few times during the journey. Just put it behind you and move forward with the good stuff.

I am sitting here typing away and being attacked by a fruit-fly Wonder where he came from, I haven't seen any in the kitchen and besides it's a little to early in the season for them. Crazy.

Anyway, gang. Have a great day moving and shaking in the great downward direction. See you later.
  • Morning hugs!

Colposcopy went well. It's a procedure where they take a vinegar solution and stain the cervix/vaginal area to check for abnormal cells. If they are found, they do a laser treatment and do biopsies. My OBGYN couldn't find anything, so he took the biopsies anyway and I'm awaiting the results. I'm a little crampy but not too bad.

On top of that yesterday- I was helping DF outside last night, and my foot lost a fight with a piece of plywood. I am now missing my big toenail on my right foot. Luckily my wedding shoes are closed-toed, because it takes 18 months to grow back! I'll have a normal toe again by my 1st anniversary!
  • Morning everyone..its another pretty day here.. i have slowly been putting my kitchen back together and am happy to have it all done..now onto other projects to get ready for my family who are coming the end of june..my mother who is 84 has not been here in 9 yrs and my 3 sisters never..im so excited but want my house to shine when they walk in( at least for the first hr or so )and my dd and her family will be here the first weekend too.. my im going to have ahouse full..just the way i like it..thankyou for all the atta girls.. i was surprized with the loss too..actually ive been so busy lately and so used to the ww diet i just didnt pay any attention this last week..and what a nice surprize it was..rosetta.. just keep at it esp the exercise..try not to feel guilty as that just makes you feel bad..like meowee says one foot foreward.. one day at a time( or hr or min. what ever works)Josian that sounds painful .. are u able to get shoes on at all?and hope your tests come back ok( i hate waiting for test results)Meowee ive brought those pesky flies home from the grocery store..even in potatoes..hope u find the source..are u still working on your sewing project..i have some new blouses to make for myself but wanted to get the kitchen done first.. now i can relax a little and play..have a great day everyone (((((((( )))))))) rosey
  • Hi everyone.
    Went to a lunchoen this afternoon. Didn't do bad food wise. They didn't have too many choices.
    Have a eye dr appointment in the morning.

Judy S
  • Just a quick little "HELLO" this morning. It's going to be a busy one. It's also my official wwi morning and my body is intent on maintenance although my mind is geared for loss. Oh well, this tortoise will just keep plodding along repeating the mantra . . . keep doing the right stuff and the rewards will surely follow. Hey at least my BS is keeping in the good range.

See you soon, I'll try to get back later on today. In the meantime, keep it moving and shaking, gang.
  • Hi all!

Did my last wee hours of the morning potato chip reset today. 4 hours, 76 feet of chips, not too bad. Toe is hurting though. I need to go finish up my store call and call it a day.

Meowee, my "hor-moans" are in stuck in weight gain mode while my mind set is in weight loss. I'm going to try to make it to Curves for a light workout after work so I don't break my streak-we'll see if my nail-less big toe will cooperate with me.

Gotta run back to work!

Hugs,
  • Well, Good Morning . . . so far all I've done today is put batteries in my new digital camera and start reading the 130 page on-line instruction manual and I understand nothing. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to take a picture before the camera becomes totally obsolete. I have never before felt so overwhelmed by a camera. Seems the smaller they get, the more complicated they become.

Another busy day . . . promised a friend we'd go shopping . . . so I'd better get a move one. At least it makes me take a break from the camera-induced frustration.

See you soon, gang. Keep it moving and shaking.