4 days of denial

• Hey girls,

I'm having a tough ride through this week. I started out on Monday not too bad, but by the end of the day I ended up eating chips and nuts and crackers. We were in a pub Tuesday didn't start out too bad either, then I went to my kickboxing class, and felt really rough, I hardly did any working out! I went home and ate a lot of chocolate. Wednesday was REALLY tough, there were danish pastries in the kitchen at work. I ate 2 1/2!!!! THEN I ate about 3/4 of this Easter Egg that's been sitting on my shelf for weeks, then a creme egg, and basically anything I could lay my hands on. The binge continued when I got home, we went for fish and chips Wednesday was a REALLY bad day. Yesterday was ok during the day, but I got home and waited for DF to come in before I had dinner, BIG mistake - I ate cookies because I was so hungry! Oh and chocolate. Then I ate more chocolate and fudge and rice pudding after dinner. I've been a bit in denial about it, because I haven't been tracking everything in fitday, partially because I can't remember EVERYTHING I've been eating

This morning I woke up not feeling too hungry, but I had breakfast anyway, then I ate 3 cookies... On the way to work I decided it was madness to carry on like this. I know I've up this past four days, but part of me was enjoying it. Now the real Frus is back, and thinking about going back to the gym tomorrow (I've been a bit ill), so I decided to draw a line under the cookies and move on. I'm still a little bit aprehensive about tonight. I finish work early and I tend to want to nibble at night if we're watching a movie or something. I've got it planned so that I can have an extra snack without busting the dam tonight, so I hope I'll be ok! I'll just have to be strong!

I've really scared myself this week, I don't usually stuff my face like that for so long. And the scariest thing is, I liked it. But now I'm very angry with myself (I know, I'm trying not to be) but I think that anger this morning is what I needed to snap out of it. I think I'm going to be ok. DF has even volunteered to go for a run with me tonight. Bless his socks! I might just even take him up on the offer!

I'll let you know how it goes tonight.
  • Frus, I'll be thinking about you today. I can relate all too well to what you went through this week.
    I'm glad you had a wake-up call... keep us posted on how you're doing, hon.
  • I can relate to a bad week! I worked extra hard a few days this week and thought well I can have a little more. well then the days I wasn't in the yard I ate the same amounts. oops! it is o.k. I am just going to "start over" I don't know what or if I gained, so I am hoping monday when I step on the scale it is the same or lower than last monday, I am not going to worry till then.

Sometimes we have to take a vacation. lol!
  • Hey girl-I've been having some of the exact same problems this week. I swear Mon. Tue. and Thurs. were terrible. I thought I was getting back on track Wed., but yesterday proved me wrong. I don't know what my deal is! I've been a little stressed, and yesterday felt a little "off" to where I thought I was getting sick, but that is truly a poor excuse.

Anyways, I really don't know how to advise you to break back into your normal healthy routine (since I haven't yet broken mine) I hope your morning realization was what you needed to get ya going. I just wanted to reinforce that you're not alone with your struggle.

Hope your day proves to be a good one.
  • Hey all!

I haven't been online much cos of the old bank holiday. I did ok over the weekend. On Friday night (the day I posted) we actually went to a Chinese buffet instead of out for that run But I kept on plan all Saturday and all Sunday, which is MAJOR for me, I don't do weekends well!

Yesterday was a bit of a blowout, we kinda ate out twice within the evening!! But I had a baguette the first time and "just" fries the second time, so I figure I couldda had both those at one sitting, so I guess it wasn't too bad!

I'm starting to feel a bit more relaxed, I'm taking May as a maintenance month and I'm going to see how I handle it.

Thanks for all your thoughts
  • Frus, I'm glad you had a good weekend! It sounds as though you're more in tune to what you're putting in your body.