Core Board Chat #42

You're on Page 3 of 31
Go to
  • Hi there,

Back at work after a nice 4 day rest- I was certainly taking too much advantage of it - with the very late nights and mid afternoon naps - what was I thinking? Tried to get to bed around 11 last night - I think it was after 12 when I finally turned the light off - and alarm was set for 6:45 am - had a course this morning so it was an early departure.

Dh had to drive me cuz his car is still in the garage - while taking off his winter tires - he asked them to look at the brakes as they were acting up. Of course there are now repairs to be made (to the tune of $350) so it won't be ready til today (so he has the van today). And then he kinda asks me if I noticed that one of my HUBCAPS WAS MISSING! Ya right - seems whoever put it back on after switching my tires did not do such a good job! Anyhow dh spoke with them and they are replacing the hub cap for me - for some reason this really stressed me out this morning (along with the missing masking tape that 'no one' has taken or seen!).

Went to the mall yesterday and got myself a small pair of magnifying specs (now I sure look like a granny) to keep in my purse for all that small print I can no longer read and other miscellaneous items. Then a lot of 'chauffeuring' around with the kids (which is probably when the loose hubcap took off!). Dd had final dance rehearsal before the competition - and all the girls got these cute little blue tank tops with the school logo printed on them (and a small 'state farm' logo on bottom as they were 'donated' by one of the girls' dad's who works there!). Otherwise we are preparing to pack for our big trip tonight and tomorrow.

The other news is dh and I finally settled in to do our income tax last night. This is always quite a production (mostly for dh) who is not a good filer or record keeper. Takes him longer to 'organize' and gather up his paperwork than to actually to the taxes (we use a computer program). I did mine first - but still need to finalize based on some of dh's info. He has the worse job due to 'owning' our trading account. It was great fun (NOT) trying to list all we sold (capital gains/losses) and going thru dozens of sheets of printouts trying to get all the info requested. I sent him off to Staples today to get some accordion files and binders so he could be better organized in the future. He still needs a bit more work before he can complete his filing (due day is May 1).

Vickie - sending good vibes to you and Jim - I hope all goes well and I know you will take excellent care of your 'patient' once he is home. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear about your gf but we all know you will be there for her and do whatever you need to do to make things better for her!

Coco - sorry to hear about the gain - I agree it might be muscle weight? In any case hope you can keep up the walking program.

Saundra - how are you doing? Hope you can take advantage of the glorious day we are having today!

Sandra - ...and then we have snow? I suppose this is unseasonal weather for you? I agree tho that your view is gorgeous - have fun at your mountain retreat!

Angela - I can't even imagine all the changes for Lorena - I am sure she will be able to rely on you to help her out as required. A big adjustment for both her and her family.

Kathy - hope Shaun was around to help you out with any chores that needed doing! I can't believe how warm it is where you are? Is your foot still comfortable despite the heat? I'm sure the rolling blackouts are not fun. Stay cool!

Melissa - I agree that we learn alot from the bad stuff as well as the good! Need to keep our hearts and minds open and be aware of this.

I am in jeans today and intend to wear them the next 2 days as I am starting to pack up my office! What a nightmare - these hugs bins everywhere. I don't even know where to begin - and of course I am freaking out cuz I don't want to wreck my nails (ya I know I am so shallow).

And Vickie I am sure you meant nothing derogatory when you said:
    Quote:
    I did SBD too and found it to be difficult and a trifle froufrou!
    ...and did not mean to alienate any froufrous that you might know? ha ha ha

Frou Frouf
  • Sandra, you said it so well. When so many other things crowd our lives, weightloss just gets put on the list of priorities. It wasn't untill I had a "clean slate" that I was able to focus on me. Vickie, you have so much on your plate right now. Just hang in there kiddy, and the list will change. I will be thinking of you and Jim and am so sorry to hear about your best friend.

Melissa, it's so nice to be celebrating these special occasions. For a young woman, you come out with some profound things.

Kathy, I enjoy my wine and since serious WW, I am happy with one glass at a time. I know that the half litre allows me to eat whatever I want, and I don't want that. Good for you on giving it up.

Angela, Bernie had a friend who married a girt from Columbia (many years ago). Sounds like your sil is adjusting well, and with a special gal like you, it makes it a lot easier.

Coco, sorry about the gain. Just hang in there. I wish I had your exercise dedication, you're doing great. My foot is still sore, so just walking is an effort.

Speaking of that, they discovered today that my hip isn't aligned properly. It probably isn't related to the injury, but they gave me exercises for it.

Okay, off to do my hair cause Bernie's niece is coming to town and we're doing dinner.
  • Sandra, your attitude is so encouraging and inspiring. I know what you mean about feeling close to goal. As little as I've lost, when I'm op I feel like a million bucks. I should remember that every day, huh? I will at least have green beans at cracker barrel, they are so good. I don't know if I can deny myself one of those biscuits though!

Saundra, thank you, that's very kind. You sound like you are getting a little "perkier." Did your kids wear you out this weekend?

Frouf, glad to see you back, we were wondering where you had hidden! Sounds like you've had an eventful weekend. Have fun packing and be careful with those nails!

Back to work...
  • I'm up now -- I have really got to get a grip on my sleeping schedule. I'm like an infant with the days and nights mixed up! And I haven't even taken any pain medicine.

So needless to say, I haven't gotten in there to do any cleaning but I'm sure it'll be waiting on me tomorrow. That's the best (worse?) thing about it.

Frouf, don't wear yourself out too much with this packing and moving. You have a busy week with the move and then the dance competition this weekend. Take your vitamins!

Saundra, I'm glad you're feeling better. What's up with that hip? That's odd!
  • Of course you would have to mention my vitamins? The ones I did not pack for work this week which I diligently take every morning here w/some of my much needed water! (are you psychic or something?) ha ha ha.

I am feeling pretty lethargic anyways and the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow which means we clean up too - in advance! And that's a chore in of itself as I become Nagwoman of the Year going around harassing everyone to pick up, pick up, pick up! (Then of course cleaning lady calls to cancel and all I get from everyone are these mean glares!).

I want to go to Cracker barrel and eat biscuits too - I am SO TIRED OF MATZAH - the 'honeymoon' is over! Had a nice serving of chicken soup w/matza balls for lunch and my 'stomach' is making these god-awful noises now that I'm sure the strange fellow in the cubicle next to me is wondering what's going on! Passover ends thurs night and no one will be happier than me (kids always want to eat bagels and order in pizza altho I heard the word "Subway" being mentioned the other night for breaking passover).

Did not get much packing done today - okay at least I got two bins next to my cubicle and they are open? Does that count? (I did clean up and throw away alot of useless stuff so that will help in the end I hope).

Saundra - have a nice dinner out - watch out for the unaligned hip? (I think you should blame Bernie for that little problem? :0). Where are you going for dinner?

Kathy - I say sleep and rest whenever the mood hits - that is why you are home recuperating!! Enjoy it while you can.

So dh and little ds should be on there way to pick me up now! Then to pick up dh's car - he is going out to a meeting tonight so we are on our own (for cleaning up of course). Nothing planned for dinner at this point - I am thinking to pick up swiss chalet (rotisserie chicken) w/salad - nothing unpassover like except for the little white buns which we can pass on!

I think I shall wait to haul up suitcases from basement and start packing until tomorrow after cleaning lady is done! Less clutter for her!

Later,

Frou Frou
  • Hola everyone! I survived teaching preschool this morning, although it was not easy this time. The kids were SO hyper...must be all that easter candy.

This afternoon, my mom and I took Lorena to the library, and she seems to be in a pretty good mood. At least the weather is cooperating...it's been sunny and warmish lately.

I'm making egg salad sandwiches for supper tonight. I didn't feel like making anything more substantial. AND, I'm about ready to throw away the jelly beans around here. I'm the only one eating them, and I don't need to be.

I like all this "getting back on the wagon" talk. I need to take it seriously.

Angela
  • Hey Chicks! Jim's procedure is scheduled for 1:00 tomorrow. We are to arrive at 11:30. That's a long time from midnight with no water....no nothing. I'm advising him to have a bowl of cereal and a banana before bed and really hydrate with some water.

We went to the Dentist and got a night guard for his bottom teeth measured and went to several stores to get him soft stuff to eat. None of it is Core, so we will each be envying each other's meals. I got him Lipton's noodles and sauce and mac and cheese. We also got some chicken noodle soups and chicken wedding soup. I'm exhausated and am going to go sit on the couch with him tonight. We still need to do some packing for tomorrow. I need to make phone calls to get my pooch taken care of.

There's a good chance that I won't be back on until Thursday morning. I hope you are all well.
  • Vickie, you just do what you need to do to get Jim taken care of. We'll be here Thursday morning waiting for your report.

Poor Kellie didn't do well tonight, did she? I felt bad for her and I'm afraid tonight could be it for her. Katherine and Chris were my favorites.

Judd had to go to Home Depot for some sprinkler heads. He always messes up a few in the beginning of the mowing season ... and he mowed tonight so I guess that's what happened. He was near Panda Express so he got some to bring home. I had four little pieces of chicken and some rice.

Tomorrow I'll be getting back on some sort of plan, because I have to sleep tonight, get up in the morning, and start trying to get on a better schedule.
  • Vickie, we'll be thinking about you and Jim tomorrow and wish you the very best.

The kids put an offer on the house they saw on Sunday and it was accepted. (inspection next week). They close on Aughust 1st. It's less than ten minutes from here. Life is very very good.
  • Evening chicks,
    We had a great easter present this weekend,,dh found a job. Its not the greatest paying job but we will manage. He will look for something else while hes working as well..the really good news is we dont have to move. He can commute on his days off.
    Vickie,,you prob wont see this but I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow......
    I have some work to do here but I will check in tomorrow to say hi!
    have a good night everyone
  • Patti, I am so happy for you and your dh. Congratulations, it's a start, and so glad that you don't have to move.
  • hi there, chickies. it's been a good day here. i drove to and from the grocery store in sideways snowfall. i don't have a clue if this is typical for this time of year or not. i've lived here since 97 but have been down south most springs. i do know i've seen it snow here in june, but i've also seen it 100* in june. so who knows what to expect? guess this is typical most places--not knowing what to expect, that is.

frouf, we'll be having our winter tires removed soon, too. i think may but am not sure. don't overdo with the packing but enjoy wearing jeans. i always looked forward to fridays when i was teaching cuz we could wear jeans. (if we wore school colored shirts.

melissa, enjoy those beans. a few years ago there was a website that listed pts for cb. it's not there any more but i still have a printout of some of the menu items. cb biscuits are 5 pts each. they are delicious, aren't they?

today i had 9 chocolate covered almonds (4 pts). other than that i had watermelon and cantaloupe as my other snack. these were the best melons i've had in a long long time. curtis got a big plateful, too. we felt spoiled.

kathy, i took a little snooze in the recliner today. i call my snoozes power naps. they only last a few seconds to a few minutes.

angela, hop on that wagon, girl. it ran over me with a loud bump bump before i jumped on.

saundra, i am smiling ear to ear knowing your family is moving so close to you. life is god.

vickie, you and jim are in my prayers.

patti, what a wonderful easter present!!!! that's fantastic news. i am very happy for you and dh.
  • Vickie - sending many good wishes and vibes your way - we will await your report as soon as you are able! Take good care of Honey Lamb!

Saundra - you must be THRILLED TO PIECES to have your kids so close by - congrats to them on the new home purchase - hope the inspection goes well.

Patti - what WONDERFUL news for you and dh - I am so glad he found something and you don't have to move! Hang in there!

Sandra - glad you made it thru the snow and I guess you might want to wait about before getting your snow tires removed? There is nothing as delish as fresh cold sweet melon - I would have overindulged as well!

Well the new hubcap is on and dh's brakes are fixed (says it's a big difference and now he can stop on a dime!). I did a bit of shopping on the way home - the weather was so beautiful. Stopped at the sewing place to get dd even MORE safety pins to add to the dance competition goodie bag. Stopped at my favorite home accessory store but alas no more bunny stuff around? (was there a big run on bunny stuff she asks?). I have a really cute pair of quilted bunny oven mits (kind of off white with different pastel colored squares and white bunnies outlined on them) and let's just say they have seen better days. As it is 'bunny season' I often look for some bunny accessories for my kitchen (have a few cute rose pink bunny tea towels from last year). But so far no more BUNNY OVEN MITTS! I am not impressed (have one more store to visit).

Then off to Farmboy to pick up FOOD for dinner: steaks, baked potatoes, salad fixings, salad dressing, more eggs and some fruit (honeydew, apples, bananas and fresh pineapple). Suffice it to say I ate way too much - but it was so yummy! Broiled steak, baked potatoes w/butter and lf sour cream, tossed greens w/garlic dressing - then of course had to have a large passover brownie for dessert - add one can of diet pepsi and I'm sure you get the picture - can we say BLOATED?

I still have some work to do in kitchen (like reloading dishwasher and making lunches for tomorrow). I did already take the garbage out (dh is thrilled) and guess what? cleaning lady just called to say she is coming on Friday instead of tomorrow - so much for all of our picking up (and we will just have to do it again right?)

I guess I missed Idol? I started watching? Then had to take ds upstairs for his shower and the rest is history - oh well.

I should go finish my kitchen work and 'retire' to bed!

nitey nite

Frouf
  • Patti, congratulations to your DH! I'm so happy that he found something this quickly, and will still be able to keep looking for something else if that's what he wants.

Frouf, your dinner sounds great! I'm ready to get back in the kitchen to do some cooking!
  • frouf, your dinner sounds delicious. yummmmmmmmm

kathy, taylor was my favorite tonight. i did feel sorry for kelly. i was proud of her taking responsibility. did you catch the part of paula talking about kelly and movies? hmmmmmm