The Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 48
Go to
  • I know when I replaced the P and S for them 10 days (before my big blow out vacation week)I felt really good.I was hungry at first but once my body adjusted to the liquid food I wasnt hungry anymore.I lost weight quick!
  • Angelica:
    Glad that you post that b/c my body haven't adjust to the liquid food yet, well, I just been doing it for two days, but even though that, I am gonna keep doing it, there is gonna be a moment where my body adjust to the liquid food. Note appart:---((I think is like when you eat allways the same food and then you start adding variety to your diet, your body start burning more calories?? b/c is a different food, can somebody help me on this one, please? ))
  • Also, what helps me Milca is I drink my shake when I am the busiest.That way I dont have time to notice that I am hungry and before I know it its time to eat again.
  • When i do the shake, I do it for breakfast. But I also have a piece of fruit at that time, too. So, i'm not only drinking my meal, but I'm getting in a fruit.
  • Help Please!
    Okay Ladies, I need your help. I ate like a beast yesterday and really need to get back on track. So, I am going to join your challenge. Can someone please explain all of the substitutions for the drinks, bars and juice? Thanks so much!

Nikki
  • Hi all you motivated challengers,

If anyone has a spare moment, I would really appreciate it if you could post the nutritional data for the LA slim down/Slimfast high protein.

TIA,
    -S
  • Sznn - I don't have the slimfast high protein, but I do have the slimfast optima. Here are the two (LAWL & Slim Fast)

LA Slim Down (chocolate)

Calories: 270
    Total Fat: 5g
    Cholesterol: 20 mg
    Sodium: 380 mg
    Potassium: 910 mg
    Total Carb: 36 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 32g
    Protein: 20g

Slim Fast Optima (chocolate)
    Calories: 180
    Total Fat: 5g
    Cholesterol: 5 mg
    Sodium: 220 mg
    Potassium: 600 mg
    total Carb: 24g
    Dietary fiber: 5g
    sugars: 17g
    protein: 10g
  • Quote: What does the shake do in place of 1P and 1S??? Do you all see more of a loss doing this? I am only allowed two starches and I have a hard time with only having two.
    ALso, do you eat out much? I am addicted to Taco Bell tacos "diet" style!!!
    I think it is a further reduction in calories and that's why it works (or so I'm hoping). I think they figure about 250 calories for your protein, and 80-100 for the starch, and you are replacing that with a 190-calorie shake. Plus, as the other girls said, I think it's the shake up of your metabolism that tricks your body into giving up some fat. I'm only on day one, but I'm hoping for some good results. It is mentally more challenging to give up that precious starch, though, I'm right there with you. I'm still trying to figure out how/what I'll eat on a daily basis. Suggestions, challengers?
  • I'm telling you guys...the slimfast low carb meal replacement shake has 20 grams of protein and 190 calories...you're getting twice the protein for the same calories as the optima! If you can find them in your store, they are truly the way to go because protein is what keeps ME from becoming a ravenous beast.
  • Sznn...the nutritional info was posted by Boosmom on page 64 of the monthly thread.

This has been my typical day on the challenge (I'm on Gold)...

Breakfast
    Toast w/ cream cheese and jelly - 1S, 1fat, 1 condiment
    Grapes - 1F

Mid-Am
    LA Lite

Lunch
    V-8 juice - 1V
    Salad - 1V, 1 condiment
    Apple - 1F
    SlimFast - 1P, 1S

Mid PM
    Fruit - 1F
    Yogurt - 1D
    La Lite

Dinner
    Chicken - 1P
    Carrots - 1V

Once I make it to lunch, I feel very satisfied the rest of the day.
  • Dairy:
    Thanks girl, I am gonna check that one, is true what you said, it has the same amount of protein of the LAWL one, if you can, when you have a chance, can you post the nutritional values for that one, I want to compare it with the one that Sherry posted and the one that I have here that is the Slim Fast High Protein.
  • You know-Google's a great thing ladies!

So is the thread search function . . . .
  • Thanks Juliemarie, Dairy sorry to bother you.
  • Milca-

I doubt you're bothering anyone-I just think it's been kinda funny the past couple of days that everyone's asking the same question and Slim fast has all of their nutritional info on their website.

No worries-sorry if I sounded *****y about it . . .
  • Dairy, I was wondering if you are adding in a starch with the low carb slimfast shakes? I looked at those too, and yes, you are getting all the protien as the LA shakes, but you are shorting yourself about 30g of carbs - sounds like a whole starch to me?