Roasted Salmon with Cucumber, Dill & Yogurt Sauce

• I got this recipe from the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation, tried it and it's wonderful.

Ingredients:
    1/3 cup (75 mL) diced English cucumber, unpeeled
    2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
    2 tsp (10 mL) chopped shallots
    1/3 cup (75 mL) plain low-fat yogurt
    2 tbsp (25 mL) light mayonnaise
    1 tsp (5 mL) grainy mustard
    1 tsp (7 mL) fresh lemon juice
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    4 4-oz (120-g) salmon fillets
    2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive oil

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 425°F/ 230°C. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Set aside.

To make sauce: Process cucumber, dill and shallots until finely chopped. Transfer to bowl and stir in yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt* and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.

Place salmon, skin side down on prepared baking sheet; brush with olive oil. Place in oven and roast salmon for about 12 -15 minutes, or 10 minutes per inch/ 2.5 cm thickness. Remove from oven and place on plates, spooning 2 tablespoons/ 25 mL sauce on each piece of salmon. Serve remaining sauce on the side. Serves 4

Nutritional information per serving
    Calories: 223
    Protein: 24 g
    Fat: 12 g
    Saturated fat: 2 g
    Carbohydrate: 3 g
    Dietary fibre: less than 1 g
    Dietary cholesterol: 65 mg
    Sodium: 145 mg
    Potassium: 634 mg

Cheers!

~Dee
  • Oh, that sounds good!

I buy a prepared salmon filet from Target which has a similar sauce already on it, I think though that I might try this at the weekend and buy a plain filet.

I'd be using dried dill as our local Walmart never seems to have fresh, how much do you think I should sub in? 1 tsp?
  • I buy the frozen dill cubes that are equal to 1 tsp. I only use 2 of them so I would think that 1 tsp. of dried dill should be fine. I'd season to taste, I don't think the dill will make much difference calorie wise.

~Dee