Old 03-29-2006, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/147/140

Default I don't Wanna be a FAT girl

Hey everyone!!!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone wants to join me in my quest to lose the fat girl stigma!!!

Who's fed up of being cute but chubby, nice but overweight, friendly but packing a few pounds, looked over because of their extra baggage and passed the fat girl comments from time to time???

I'm proposing a 10lbs challenge so all us girls can be well on our way to losing the fat girl stigma once and for all!!!!

How does this sound ladies? 10lbs by April 29, 2006??

I know all you hot momma's can do it! We're all doing so very well that a little challenge will just keep us movin and losin!!

Who's in????????????

p.s if any of you are interested I posted a pretty lengthy entry about my fat girl peeve!!! If ya wanna read it just click the link in sig!
Carbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #2  
Fat chick to Fit chick

I'm in! I turn the big 3-0 in August and want to lose 50 pounds by then! I know, I know, I'm crazy but, I just can't carry this weight into the next decade. I haven't always been... you know! I was overweight when I got pregnant and gained 65 pounds with my daughter lost all but about 20 pounds and 3 years later, gained 40 with my son, and lost some but still need to lose what I gained in that pregnancy plus weight I had to start with. All in all I need to lose about 70 pounds.
tooblessed2Bstressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #3  

I think the only way to do this is to do it together!!! Losing 10lbs by april shouldn't be that difficult!!

so lets get our bums movin!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:01 AM   #4  
Fat chick to Fit chick

What kind of diet are you following?
tooblessed2Bstressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #5  

I'm on a modified atkins diet and currently in my second week of induction. This is working super well for me!!!

what about you?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #6  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm in!

Sounds ideal for me. I've almost lost 20 lbs, and another 13 will put me below 250 for the first time in a WHILE, so I'm in. I got the "fat girl" comments all through school and the navy too, I was always only 20 or 30 lbs overweight, but just that much will make people feel that they can make comments. Amazingly enough, now that I weigh over 250, nobody makes those comments to my face anymore. What is it about that extra little bit that makes it free reign for people to call you chunky and chubby and things, but if you are any bigger, they start mostly talking behind your back, still just as hurtful, but odd that it happens that way. Oh well, I'm rambling, sorry. just wanted to say that I'm in.
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #7  
icandoit

S/C/G: 190/179/155

Default I am with you

Hi i am with you all the way. I am tired of being fat. I am going to give it all i have. You are right the fat has got to go. We must take control of what we eat, when we eat why we eat. Healthy eating is the key to great health. So lets do it.
turtledove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #8  
icandoit

S/C/G: 190/179/155

Default don't know what i did

i don't know what i did but thats not my post. SORRY
turtledove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

hey... I am IN!

I dont know if I can do it or not - the weight has been coming off really slow but I am willing to give it a shot with you all!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #10  

Thumbs up

wow!!!!! I'm thrilled so many people are taking an interest!!! WTG girls.. we can sooooooooooo do this. Let's say bye bye to fat together!!

deeinthekeys: You're absolutely right!!! you know what totally gets under my skin is when people make comments thinking i'm not aware. I mean hey you don't need to tell me i'm overweight I KNOW DAMN WELL I AM. People just don't understand what it feel like or what it is like to live in a body that you aren't happy about!! Welcome... and lets work on getting to you goal!!!!

turtledove: It's all about mind over matter honey. I've always find it hard to start off but once i'm in the swing of things and got the diet routine going it's pretty much easy sailing!! (well most of the time anyway!!)

sotypical: IF is not an option. YOu can totally do it!! In the end if you don't hit the ten lbs goal it isn't that big of a deal.. Striving after it is what makes you successful!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #11  

Default Me too

I will
gurlnawirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #12  

what ways of eating are you ladies currently following?? I'm a very curious one!!! hehehe
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #13  
Fat-be-gone

I am so in, too!!! I need to lose lots of weight but I'm trying not to be too unrealistic so 10 by 4/29 sounds good to me.

I'm not really on a diet. Mainly just portion control and not too much junk. But I am working out way more. The diet thing just doesn't work for me. About two years ago, I lost 30lbs on a low calorie/working out diet. But as soon as I started eating regularly and quit working out I gained all the weight back plus some. So I just want to slowly adjust to a new lifestyle so I can lose weight and keep it off. Besides I love food and there is no way I'm going to deprive myself of it!!!!!

Carbprincess-does your name mean you love carbs or you're not eating carbs?? because if you love em...you're just like me.....i wouldn't give em up for anything!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #14  

Rosario,
It's pretty Ironic actually. i LOVE LOVE LOVE carbs (grew up around them) but i'm on a low carb diet. I guess my body just adapts well to low carbing seeing as I stuffed my face with carbs most of my life. hahaha
Old 03-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #15  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
hey... I am IN!

I dont know if I can do it or not - the weight has been coming off really slow but I am willing to give it a shot with you all!

You got this g/f I know you can do this
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote