Gazelle?

• Hello out there. Does anyone know if a Gazelle works? I have started doing between 3 and 5 miles a day on one (my mom gave it to me). I can do a 10 minute mile now, but I wonder if I'm actually go anywhere with it? No pun intended.
  • I don't own one but have used a friend's and enjoyed it.

IMO, there's no question that it "works" if you enjoy it and are getting in these good cardio workouts in (congratulations, you're really doing well).
  • I've lost 10lbs so far. I don't do miles because my counter doesn't work right But I do at least 45 min 5-6 days a week. Along with my Denise Austin hit the spot pilates. I haven't lost any weight this week (haven't weighed yet)but I have seen my improvements on my lower half. I love my gazelle. I set mine up in my bedroom in front of the TV. I'm pretty much caught up on all the moives I've DVR'd in the past couple of months.
  • I have been using mine for almost a month and I love it. I am where you are at, but I usually do 30 minutes (usually a little over 3 miles) 6-7 days a week. When I started, I could only do 2 minutes tops. The first night I had it set up, I worked out every commercial break during a two hour block of television and only did @ 1 mile. I was absolutely appalled at how out of shape I was. I am so encouraged by the results I've seen and how quickly I have improved. I have lost 13 pounds total by using my Gazelle and not eating fast food everyday. I have also lost a half inch from my arms, thighs, and calves and 1 1/2 inches from my waist since I measured 2 weeks ago. Eventually, I need to add some strength building and toning exercises to my workouts, but for now I think that I get a great daily Cardio workout. I know that there are some videos you can get from www.tonylittle.com that should give you a better workout, but I enjoy doing my workout while watching the morning news. If anyone knows if the Gazelle has good long-term effects, I'd love to know!
  • I like mine. My husband uses it too. We have the one that has the resistance pistons you can set -- I'm not up to using them yet.
  • I have one, and I love it. I don't use it every day, I mostly just do other stuff, but the Gazelle always makes me sweat the most... and it really works my legs/thighs like nothing else.

My mom lost 15 lbs by doing nothing other than using the Gazelle for 30 minutes a day, not even a diet change! I think that is proof right there.
  • Thanks guys! That really motivates me to do more with the Gazelle. I haven't lost any weight from it, but at least it makes me feel like I'm doing something positive.

I started the South Beach Diet today so we'll see if that has any effect
  • How much do these cost? Arent they kinda simular to a eliptical except u are doing a swinging motion instead of a round and round motion?
  • I love my gazelle and use it every day. Nothing gets me sweatin' quite like that thing.