NutriChicks!

You're on Page 9 of 11
Go to
  • Sending all good thoughts to Wicked, Freddy and Ruben to get well soon!! Let's not pass this around girls!!! lol
    Hope everyone will be feeling better today.

Had a good day yesterday and I will today. I have it in my head to get going this week on stringing 100% days together. I will be gone tomorrow to the Drs so will be back Friday or over the weekend.
    Have a great couple of days, take the meds and be well!!
  • Good Morning Nutrichicks

How's everyone doing today? I had a pretty good morning. I weighed myself & wether I really had gained those ridiculous 5lbs or the scale was wrong, I'm back down to where I should be. I drank so much water yesterday that I could hear it swish around in my belly. But I guess it paid off so I'm pretty happy about that . I'm not going to complain anymore, I just wanted to share my good news. Have a good day all.
  • unfortunantly i dont have good news! i weighed 137 today bleck. i knew i would gain but it still hurt to see. im not recording that weight lol and im going to follow NS to a T today and weigh tomorrow. then the rest of the week is STRICT NS until next wed when hopefully i will have lost 2-3 lbs to make up for this bust of a week.

oh well.

thanks for the feel better soon wishes!
  • well i weighed 137 again this am. BLAH! lol. ohhh well. time to change the ticker. im going to start weighing everyday... maybe it will give me motivation not to cheat.
  • Hey Chickies!!
    Sorry to see others are sick I certainly hope you feel better soon.
    Following the diet this week has been good but not perfect....well not all NS food as I am really trying to add 'outside' food into the plan and monitor results. I feel I need to make this alteration to test my willpower off NS and to make smarter choices. I find I look at the nutritional information on EVERYTHING now and before we go to a restaurant I print the nutritional facts so I can make the better choice. So far I know I have stayed at a 1200 calorie range, and the few times I went over it was by maybe 100-200 calories. I am interested in seeing if there is any loss by Monday. I know you all may think I am nuts, but I have to know that I can continue to diet without the aid of NS so that I make this a lifestyle change. I would hate to gain any weight back once it is gone. If I find that I cannot control my eating without NS, then I feel I have not accomplished a real lasting goal. I will need to know how to maintain that loss. We do not want to go a year eating NS food as we could not afford it for that long, so I might as well start now on the transisition.

As for exercise, the walking is going great. Still putting in every night and some mornings. It has been real foggy here in the AM so I have not been able to go each morning before i have to work. I also am going to try my local Curves. A new place opened up and I figure I will take the free week and see what I think. Anyone here try them???

Well off to more work Hope everyone is well and happy!
  • ruben- sounds like a good plan!! i hope it goes well for you!

now everyone... who is trying to stay strictly on the plan.... repeat with me...

I WILL NOT CHEAT TODAY I WILL NOT CHEAT TODAY I WILL NOT DO IT!

phew

its only 11 and ive eaten my bfast and snack and am hunnnngry. actually its more like snacky. im hungry in my mouth but not in my tummy. lol if that makes ANY sense??

im going to STICK with it today!
  • Good morning Nutrichicks!!

Sorry I haven't touched base in a while; but work is so crazy and by the time I get home at night the last thing I want to do it get on the computer

It does sound like we need a group hug

I have to admit that I cheated and got on the scales early - I just couldn't wait til Saturday. I've been trying to hit the 20lb. mark for a while and was getting frustrated. So I broke down yesterday and WOO HOO I finally made it!!

I guess that we have passed this bug along - I'm not feeling great either - just a lousy head cold but it does make it harder to stay on plan. Whenever I'm feeling bad it seems I always talk myself into having some comfort food. So that will be a struggle this weekend. I'm sorry that everyone else is feeling rotten too and hopefully it will pass soon.

Freddy - are you still chanting "I will not cheat today"? This weight loss is alot about fixing the way we think - so yes I totally understand wanting to eat when you're not hungry - That's why I'm here!! Hang in there and keep chanting - You know you can do this!!

Rubens - Good for you with your walking! Gosh I wish I could make myself walk or exercise on a regular basis; but exercise is like a dirty word to me. I find that harder than avoiding the food - And I know I would lose faster if I did - What is wrong with me??

Wicked - I'm so glad that your scale quit lying to you about that 5 lbs. I know how frustrating that it - and I can just picture you swimming in all that water!!LOL

Mel - keep going with those 100% days. Hope your Dr. visit goes well.

Vikki - Did you try the flush idea??? I find that water really helps especially after I've been bad.

gb - Good luck on your weight loss journey and we look forward to hearing from you often.

Better head out and get moving on my day. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Deb
  • Way to go Deb!!!! Awesome on the 20 mark!!! Today is not a diet day for me. That is all I will say about that. My friend and I went to lunch today and we had the most, uh, er unusual server. He was freindly, like too friendly and was seriously pushing the margahritas. We did not have one, but that did not stop him. He was almost annoying to a point. I could swear he was flirting with my friend though. Not sure why I am mentioning this but it was just surreal.

Anyway, my friend is joining us on the weight loss journey soon, though going the WeightWatchers route. It will be cool having someone close by to venture with.

Well I have working waiting for my attention...guess I will go do it. Have a great weekend ladies if I am not able to get back on. I will be back Monday with my weigh-in, which should prove interesting.
  • ahh thanks for the well wishes- i am starting to feel better!

so bad news i weighed 138 this am! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

so now i have only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks.

i dont know what the deal is honestly. i cheat a bit- but i did the first two weeks too. so i am trying to cut that out. but i am super stressed and being sick didnt help- all i wanted was carbs! lol.

ive been pretty good today, well see what tomorrow brings.

im hoping being sick or the fact that its almost that TOM is the explanation... but i dont normally fluctuate like this. i was hoping to be -6 lbs this week, not back to -2. oh well keep going!!

hope the rest of you are doing better!

DEB YOU ARE MY HERO! keep rockin the diet!

xxxx
  • Having spent the last 2 days with Drs & nurses both in person and on the phone, I am getting off NS for the time being. I am not responding to the drugs they gave me like they would want to see and the cholesterol is through the roof hitting 364 for triglycerides now. Because of my MD I cannot take Lipitor and such. I wouild like to thank you all for the support and caring you have shown and take good care of each other. I seem to be stumping the medical field and my conditions are not getting any better. I will have many new appts, new tests and new scans with a restricted diet etc . busy. busy. busy. Wishing you all continued success!!!~ Mel
  • For Mel.....
    Mel!!!!!!!!
    I am so totally bummed about what you are going through. I can almost hear the dispair in your words. I am so sorry you are going through all this and am sorry to see we won't see much of you. But the important thing is your health so I hope that progress is seen soon. I know I will miss you and am sure the rest of the chicks will too

I hope the best for you...Rubensmuse, aka Tracey
  • As for dieting.....well I need a
    I ate off plan all day yesterday. I am ashamed of the details so I just won't share them here. I thought I made a decent choice with a salad for lunch yesterday, but after going online and looking at the nutritional facts....my SALAD had more than 800 calories!!!!!!!! I found that out AFTER I had BBQ with my dad for dinner. I am going to have to carry the nutritional facts with me everywhere or how am I going to be able to make sound decisions when off NS. ---- So as it sits......

FREDDY! I am with YOU on this STRICT thing starting today.

Today is a new DAY 1. I may try my little venture again, but not for a couple of weeks when I have more 'dieting' experience' under my belt as I obviously do not have enough right now. This ticks me off about myself, but I will press on. I have gone to far to pull back now. Hopefully, I have not damaged my loss in a terrible way, but I will find that out Monday when I weigh.

so on plan today
    walk today

Freddy~ keep with it girl! Reread what Wicked went through recently with her scale.
    Deb ~ you are an inspiration!
    Wicked~ glad you didnt float away!
    Where are the rest of the Chicks??????

To alll of you and the 'ghosts' !!!!!!
  • Mel- im so sorry to hear that!!! I hope you get everything squared away soon. best wishes!

ruben- yes strict strict strict!

better news to report today... back down to 136- dont know whats up with my body hopefully i can still lose like 2 lbs this week and be 134 by next wed.... then i will be semi back on track.

have a good weekend!
  • Hi all, been so busy at work.

Mel I'm so sorry to hear about your new. Just get yourself well, and then you can start in again, if you feel like it. HUGS to you.

Freddy , I am doing the same thing, loose a few lbs one day, gain them back the next, I can't figure it out as I am sticking by the plan almost 100%. I have my little slip up, but I'm talking Minor, and when I do, I don't eat one of the snacks, so calorie wise I am staying within the 1000 to 1200 everyday. So frustrating. I've lost and regained the same 4 lbs 3 times.

Everyone else, hope this week is a 100% week, and that you all feel better soon.
  • Hi Nutrichicks:

First off - Mel - I'm so sorry about the additional challenges that you are facing with your health. Please know that we are all thinking about you and just because you won't being doing NS doesn't mean you can't visit. This thread is for anyone who needs support - so, please keep checking in.

Rubens - consider this your It really is hard to make the right choices when you eat out - I understand. That's why I try to eat at home - at least then I can control what is put on my plate. But the important thing is that you get back on plan ASAP

To all the rest of us Nutrichicks - Be well and be happy

It's a beautiful day here in Tallahassee after a rainy Saturday so I'm looking forward to getting outside and working in the yards. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Deb