NutriChicks!

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • Oh, and yes Deb, I always weigh first thing in the morning. But haven't tryed the shower thing. LOL I will keep plugging on!! Not going to give up yet.
  • well the weekend wasnt too bad. big splurges were one choc chip cookie and a little too much at dinner tonight. i have two days to be back on track before weigh in... so i will be happy with a one to two lb weight loss. fingers crossed. i am loving theplan though. and my portion control was sooo much better with the portion distortion. anyone do anything cool this weekend?
  • April At Last!!!
    VIKKI~ I TRIED WEIGHING MYSELF THESE LAST 4 DAYS NOW JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I WENT FROM 178 TO 180.5 BUT IT WAS ENLIGHTENING! !lol
    I HOPE THE SCALE MOVES FOR BOTH OF US!!!

FREDDY~ I ALSO USE LOW SALT V-8 AND BABY CARROTS FOR WHEN I JUST CANNOT EAT ANOTHER SALAD OR VEGGIE. I ALSO FIND THAT IF I COOK A BAG OF FROZEN VEGGIES AND PUT THEM IN 1/2 CUP CONTAINERS THAT I WILL EAT THEM WITH MY MEAL....THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THEM BEING ALL READY TO GRAB THAT WORKS BETTER FOR ME.

DEB ~ HOPE THE DINNER WENT WELL!! KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT DID! OLE!!!

RUBEN~GLAD THE HUBBY AND YOURSELF ARE DOING SO WELL. I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT SUPPORT TO ALL OF US AND WANT TO THANK YOU WHEN OTHERS WERE EATING OVER THE WEEKEND, I SAID NO THANKS AND CAME UP FOR MY OWN FOOD. I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU AND THE HUBSTER EATING NS!!!

I FINISHED THE WORK 2 DAYS EARLY AND WILL STILL GET THE SAME AMOUNT! SO I HAVE THESE 2 DAYS BACK!!!!! GLAD IT'S OVER. NOW ON TO MORE NS & EXERCISING. GOTTA MOVE IT TO LOSE IT IS MY 2006 MOTTO SINCE I JOINED LINDAT'S THREAD IN JANUARY FOR EXERCISING EVERY DAY.
    HERE IS THE ADDIE IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...6&goto=newpost
    DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS AND EACH IS DOING THEIR "OWN THING". BUT IT'S NICE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE.
    HAPPY MONDAY AND HOPE WE ALL HAVE 100% WEEKS!!!
  • melody= thanks for the hint! i love veggies so i think once i can get to the store i will be set... just for some reason salads arent my thing.

my weekend was good- ate pretty well! looking forward to weigh in wed...

ruben thats so cool that you and dh are doing ns together....
    this past summer my bf and i did ww together and he lost a TON but i didnt... so i got kind of frusterated!
  • Freddy~ Yes V-8 has really helped me ALOT!!!

Seems like everyone disappeared and it's a ghost town Nothing to report. Just checking in.
  • Good Morning Everyone!! Well, the 2 lbs are off this morning. I decided to just have 1 cup of coffee this morning, and have started drinking my water already. I hope I can get it all in. Came close yesterday. Had 6 glasses. I don't know why that is so hard for me. I usually drink coffee all morning at work, then a diet pepsi at lunch, then I switch to the water. But have to change all my bad habits!! LOL I will probably have a killer headache from withdrawal.
    Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • vikki - i drink water a lot because i love it but if i am having a hard time i "dress it up" to make it more interesting. things that help me get it down- having it VERY cold, icy even. adding a twist of lemon, freezing some icecubes with rasberrys in them and using them in my water, adding some cucumber slices and mint to a pitcher in the fridge. drinking it HOT with lemon. and its easy when you always have it in front of you. maybe treat yourself to a fun water holder (i have a hot pink nalgene i love) and then you will feel like since you spent $$ on it, you should use it?? (or am i the only one that cheap haha)

good luck in any case!

im looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.. a little nervous, but we shall see.

• YAY about the V-8 !! It never occurred to me. One more piece of lettuce or broccoli in this mouth and it would have been CURTAINS!!

I hopped on the scale midweek this morning & I lost 2lbs, that makes 9.5 total. won't change my ticker til official day on Friday. (shame on me.)

dh & I are getting ready to put house up for sale, and it's exhausting. He's painting like a mad man. I get tired just watching him Of course I get to do the taping and the woodwork paint.

I'm going to market to grab some V8!
  • Hey all, I'm chiming in here, I'm on NS too! I started on March 1st and have 50+ pounds to lose. Quit smoking on Jan 22nd, I was already overweight, but I knew that would make the weight come on too. So, I waited til I was a little stronger in the quit smoking dept before I joined NS. My mom lost 30+ pounds on NS about 25 years ago. I have only lost 5 lbs in 4 weeks. I weigh in on Wednesdays (tomorrow) and am kinda nervous. Didn't lose anything week 3, gained a 1/2 pound on week 4, so here comes week 5!! I started walking on the tread mill when I joined NS and have worked up to 5 days a week with some ab exercises thrown in. I may not have lost much, but I can tell I'm getting toned, my rolls are now more like lumps LOL!! Do all of you check in everyday? I love this site, I've been coming here for awhile. I can't find where they review the "latest and greatest" weight loss pill. I always loved when they broke down every ingredient in the pills and listed what the ingredient did (or didn't do I should say!). Oh well, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Colleen, age 43, married and mother of 1 daughter (23) and 3 stepsons (23,16,15) and oh my can those boys eat! The 16 & 15 year old live with us. I'll be back tomorrow!

Colleen
    183/178/130
  • Welcome Colleen. Glad you are here. I have had the same problem, I lost great the first week, and haven't lost anything since. But I can really tell in my clothes, they are fitting so much looser, and Today I finally had someone say to me that I looked like I had lost weight!! YEA!!! That was enough motivation for me. I will stick with this even if it is slow. It took me 10 years to gain it, I guess I can be patient taking it off!! LOL

And Freddy, thanks for the tips with the water. I hadn't thought about that I will definitely try all them all!!

Rysmom, Way to go, 2lbs, that is great!! I wish I could say that!

Mel, Ruben, Wicked, HI, hope you are all doing good!!

See you all tomorrow!
  • New faces!
    to the new faces!! Good to see you.

Vikki~ Congrats on the loss!! Good for you and I am glad to see you'll be getting more water in. Watch the sodium on the sodas. I get the caffeine withdrawal headaches too so I weaned myself off as much as possible. I tried cold turkey but the pain was too bad. Good luck!

Freddy~ I use new water holders too for motivation. I have an assortment of glasses, mugs and bottles. I buy them when one catches my eye!!

Karen~ congratulations on the loss too! Good luck with the house selling! Funny but I was just reading on another thread how to attract buyers with a spell. Wonder if it ever worked for the girl?!?!?

Colleen~ welcome anf congratulations to you also!! Nice start. WTG with the quitting smoking!! Good for you!! I was a 3 pack a day and gave it up in 1990. One of the hardest things I ever did so I can appreciate your accomplishment!!

Ruben???? and where are the others???? Hmmmmm....
    I have been doing well but don't think the scale is moving any time soon. I am just concentrating on "keep going", exercising and getting out for freah air.
    for those that are new, there are the bulletin boards at NS.com and also at the Jazzman's website. You will find many good recipes and tips there also.... a lot of people doing the plan using their own food. But my personal preference is here where I began in 2003.
    Good luck to you all and Happy Wednesday.....can the weekend really be 2 days away?? YAY!!!!
  • okay- i lost 2.5 lbs!!!!!!!! im very excited. I was expecting like 1-2 MAX. (especially since I went to chevys last night and had a platter of nachos, oops). I feel really positive that i can keep going. Since I only want to lost 15-20 lbs 2.5 lbs perweek * 8 weeks puts me right in that range!

soo wooohooo for NS. i feel like i can do this!
  • Horray!!! Good for you Freddy, That is awesome.
    I can't wait until I am where you are!!!!

• CONGRATUALTIONS FREDDY!!! ENJOY THIS FEELING ALLLLL DAYYYYYY!!!!!
  • Did ya'll think I fell off the earth?? Well ladies I have just been super busy this week and never seemed to have time to just stop and chill. We'll I am making time today dangit!!! I missed you guys though!

I read through and am so glad everyone is doing well. Vikki keep up the good work and hang in there IT WILL HAPPEN! CONGRATS TO ALL the "LOSERS"

Mel, you are always such a bright spot in the day. Your entries are always inspirational to me and I really enjoy them.

As for moi...well me and the Hub are doing well. The Hub didn't lose anything on his weigh in Monday, but he is losing inches. He also eats off plan more that I do..however.....I am ashamed. I was baaaaaad Friday night. What is it with the stinking weekends! We did the Thai thing and though I made a decent entree choice, the fried bananas probably weren't the wisest.

So since this past Monday was my no weigh day, I did measure. I have lost 4 inches since 3/20 . I did not measure the week I started so I am not sure of the total so far since 3/13. This still makes me very happy as this confirms that my clothes really are fitting better (and not just stretching out, haha)!!!!

My new shippment should be here today and I can't wait. We ran out of food on Thursday night and have been eating 'regular' food since then. Good news though, I have proved, even with a binge, that I can make good choices after I am ready to go off NS. My portions were much smaller and I got full quickly. I used to be able to eat the whole plate of panang with no problem. This time, I got a better choice of a meal (no coconut milk) and could only eat one serving. I even went really light on the rice. I was totally amazed. And for the bananas...well I did eat those

Anyway, Per doctors orders, I have to weigh tomorrow AM (medication issues) so I will let you ladies know if I railroaded my progress...and even if I did, it is NOT going to stop me. I will press on and get there when I get there.

to ALL and I will be back soon!