Let's Track together .... (get and share ideas)

You're on Page 51 of 65
Go to
  • Hello everyone,
    I've had a good day so far.

Curves +2
    B- yogurt 2
    natural applesauce 1

L- ww smart one 5

I'll post rest of day this evening.

Everyone have a great day...Later
  • I haven't been posting because I am on summer vacation and neither dieting nor working. This is the first time I have logged on in over a week, and only to check my bank accounts. I leave again on Wednesday for 2 week in the San Juan Islands (Lopez). We have had to pay bills ahead, arrange housesitters, keep everything clean, get packed, etc... plus I drop my DH off at the SeaTac airport on our way home (July 25th) ~ meaning I am driving 400 miles with two toddlers and a dog solo ~ and he is going to Peru, Chili, and Argentina and not coming back till August 5th. I see myself being a compter junkie night owl for the entire two weeks DH is gone and catching you up on everything.

Meanwhile - not to be outdone by my friends who are always doing cute ****, I have purchased 8 12m-4T baseball shirts, had "LOPEZ 2006" put on the back along with an airplane and a ferry, and am bringing fabric paint so all the kiddos can paint on the front of their t-shirt to commemorate the week. We have 6 couples and 8 kids coming and going for the 12 days we are there.

And as for dieting. I have been doing really well at eating whatever I please for the last month and have a 3lb, a .4lb and a .4lb gain to show for it. I weight in today at 186.something, and actually bought a paper and pencil journal to keep with me for the next few weeks. I also am bringing oatbran cereal to stave off our giant cabin breakfasts. But I did load 8 bottles of wine, so I am not making any big weight loss promises. I just want to hold off any more gains and focus on dieting when I can - probably not till school starts back up, but maybe during August.

adios everyone - thanks for missing me.

Oh and today: a block of tofu (8 pts), cottage cheese (2), Kashi with milk (4) and an apricot (1) so far
  • Hey everyone,
    I ended up way low on my pts .
    I didn't feel like cooking and I needed to clean out the fridge so I had
    D-1/2 pinto beans 2
    1/2 green beans w/new potato 2
    sliced tomato.
    I know that crazy but that all I felt like dealing with.
    I'll be going to WW this week on Tues instead of weds since dh is off Weds this week and next. We don't have alot of time together.
    Wish me luck with my WI

Morrigan: Sounds like you have having a wonderful summer.
  • Hey Morrigan! Glad you checked in. Have a great time. Enjoy the wine!!! It's always good. Glad you are all having an exciting summer.

I did not do perfect today, however I had some flex points left.

Lunch
    very small salad (I gave all of the fattening meat from it to my kids) with vinaigrette dressing.
    3 small square slices of pizza with tons of junk on it.

Snack
    McDonalds ice cream 3pts.

I weigh in tomorrow. I expect to lose 1-2 pounds. My goal is to lose for six straight weeks. This is week two for me with regards to this goal.

NSV----I went to some outlet stores with my mom and kids today. I needed to buy some shorts because one of the two pair that I wear have worn a hole near the back pocket. I wash them 2-3 times a week. They are size 16 handed down to me by my friend who has last 100 pounds on WW. Anyway, I bought two pair of size 14 shorts. YIPEE!!! At one point, my long term goal was to get into a size 14. Now there is no stopping me. I want a 10 I think. We will just wait and see.

Debbie, your night sounds like it ended up like mine last night. Like they say, don't eat if you aren't hungry. That just may be all you needed today. I too weigh in tomorrow. Good luck to us!

Will check back in after dinner.

Again, I am so happy to hear from you Morrigan! Have another great vacation! --Amy

Editing here after "dinner" I nuked a Healthy Choice fish entree. It was gross. I ate one bite of the fish and all of the rice (maybe 1/2 cup). That's all she wrote. Have a great night. Until tomorrow..........----Amy
  • Amy - Good job buffing up your goals. I have really been stymied this summer by having too much fun. Despite roadblocks, I intend to keep chipping away at the weight until I get to goal. After that I can decide what I want to weigh. Part of me wants to reach 117 (because I started at 217) and I like nice round numbers. It probably isn't realistic and I am perfectly happy at about 150. At least I was in my 20's. I think any weight is going to be a bit scary with extra skin (I hate even saying that it sounds so yucky). I have no intention of ever going under the knife, so I will just have to live with where I end up at. I somehow ended up with an excess of self esteem in life, so things like that don't bother me as much as they do other people.

I ended my 15 point day with about 6 points in roasted chicken over a salad and some croutons. A 22 point day.
  • Hey everyone!! breakfast-oat bran wheat flakes and an orange=2 pts. lunch smartone/greenbeans/ww fudgepop=6 pts. dinner-lean cuisine/broccoli=6 pts. snack-watermelon/ww fudgepop=4 pts. I used 18 points for the day. I took my dogs for an hour walk today, but no other exercise. Hope everyone has a great night. See you all tomorrow.
  • Good morning all~ Paula, you make me want to walk my dogs. Too bad they would burn the pads on their feet in our neighborhood. No, that is an excuse. I could walk them in the evening. I will try to do that tonight. Will let you know how it goes.

I am so excited. My scale this morning read 180 pounds!!! That is I THINK 5 pounds down from last week. Of course, that is the first am reading. The ww scale is always a titch higher due to the time of day. I will post tonight and let you all know my official loss for the week.

Breakfast
    malt o meal 3pts

I am off to the gym for an intense cardio work out. Have a good one!!

EDIT--------
    So, I went to the gym. I was on the treadmill for about 5 minutes when the announced that they were closing the gym due to a water leak that required them to shut off the water. I got 20 minutes in on the treadmill at a speed of 3.7 on an up and down incline. I guess that is ok.
  • Hello Everyone:

Hope there is room for me on this string. I have posted on other strings, but I was directed here by pacemomof4. Has anyone ever looked at the website www.hungrygirl.com? She does ww pts and recommends great stuff. You can subscribe to it as a daily newsletter which comes into your email box. I use it a lot. She sometimes has recipes too. She tries all kinds of new food that come out on the market and gives her opinion. She was featured on Xtra.

Today I walked 40 min. on an incline at a 3.0 pace in the am.. It felt good, then had a banana and 1/2 cup of skim milk - 3pts; 2 eggs and 2 slices of ww rye bread and some carrots 5pts; - then a Luna Bar 3pts (so I'm at 13 pts so far today). Tonight I'm having chicken picatta and some veges. I want to leave room for a ww desert, plus I earned 2 pts for walking. I'm hoping to do 2 miles in 30 minutes at some point.

Also another recipe website I use is www.allrecipes.com ...they have great recipes and comments on recipes people have put in. Some give calorie count too. Enjoy.

A day at a time...melloyan

• Hello Melloyan. Of course there is room here. Room for all! I did go look on hungrygirl.com once before. Then, I forgot about it. I will have to go back again. I LOVE chicken picatta. Are you using a WW recipe? I am trying the cola chicken tonight. You use ketchup and diet soda. I have heard great things about it. I just put it in the crock pot on high. I don't know what I am going to serve on the side though. We will see.

Lunch
    odd day. getting some cleaning and planning done for mom's retirement party. I made the kids nachos with left over ground beef and beans (used in a taco salad over the weekend). So, I snacked. Here's what I think

chips 3pts
    beans and meat 4pts.

I may have some popcorn before weigh in tonight, but hope to stay away from the food until after. Will check back in. ---Amy
  • Welcome Melloyan - I leave tomorrow on vacation but will be back regularly when I return.

Since I am trying to boost my weight loss after 3 weeks of noneffort, I dug out a few things in the last day or so.

One - I looked at my weight log from the second time I did WW. I went from 186 to 157 in 11 weeks. That same effort would put me at 157 by the end of September. Of course, before when I did WW I was an exercise maniac as opposed to this summer (I called last week to put my gym membership on hold ~ $86 a month and I haven't gone since June 3rd and DH hasn't gone since April). I always resolve to workout up on the island (like morning walks), but DH stays up till dawn everyday playing video games with his high school buddies and doen't want to deal with awake toddlers at 6 am. Luckily they only bring a projector and not a TV or they would probably have 24 hour marathons. I may just do that this year. But then I also bake fresh cinnoman or orange rolls for the crew every morning, so a run would kill that off too. I will give you all a report when I get back as to weather I did a morning run or a morning roll.

Second: I am doing a really limited carb thing right now. I always overeat on things like crackers or PBJ's, so I am sticking to meat, tofu, veggies, and almonds for a few days. It is weird how fast your body feels better when you cut out gobs of carbs.

Today: oatbran cereal (3), almonds (4), tofu stir fry (8) with olive oil (2). Oh, and a latte (2) -- this puts me at 19 points so far with 1/2 the stir fry leftover for dinner. Still haven't packed... we leave tomorrow night.

and then chicken (5), graham crackers (3), milk (2) and red vines (4)

33 point day and I lost my new WW book arrgggghhh
  • Hello Amy and Morrigan:

Nice to meet both of you. I'm using an allrecipes recipe for the chicken piccata Amy and will doctor it up with some capers. Haven't tried the chicken and cola recipe, but I do have another one that I like that I use with the crockpot; I think its McCormick Italian Seasoning Mix (recipe is on the back of package) you put it with petite cut toms, fresh mushrooms and boneless chix thighs. I never have left overs from it. My husband eats it without any pasta. It is delicious.

Morrigan...you sound like a very busy woman...don't you miss the carbs though? I always end up feeling like I have A.D.D. when I'm not balanced in my carb eating, especially when I exercise. I tried a few low to no carb diets before and I couldn't work out. I kept falling off the treadmill. Have a wonderful vacation Morrigan. I just came back from a week on the beach. It was very relaxing. And had lots of ice cream at a local homemade ice cream joint which I'm sure put about 5lbs on me. I never eat like that at home. Hopefully that will come off as easily as I put it on. We will see next Monday on the scale.

melloyan
  • What a disappointment I had at my WI...I was up 1.6 lbs.
    I didn't use all my weekly points and I made it to curves 3x last week.
    I wander if it was because I stopped a ate on the way to the meeting.
    I didn't eat 1.6 lbs of food!! I worked outside most of the day and it was 95f. I got my water in. I drank 6 16 oz bottle at work not counting what I drank before and since work.
    I'm not going to change my tracker because I don't intend to keep that weight next week..

B- yogurt, applesauce 3

S-orange 1

L ww meal 5
    salad w/lf dressing 2

D- southwest steak sub 10
    Cheese 2
    baked lays 4

total 27
    curves +2

Morrigan: Enjoy your vacation. Drop in a say hello If you get the chance.

Melloyan: The chicken recipe sounds great, I'm going to give it a try the w-end.

Have ya'll checked out the site www.***************.net. It's a WW support site
    They have recipes and points count for a lot of resturants.
    Everyone have a great evening...Later
  • Good evening! Hope everyone had a good day.

Debbie, sorry to hear about your WI. Sometimes it just does not make sense. Good for you not changing your tracker. I am sure you won't stay there.

Well, Paula you did inspire me. I took my dog and two children for a walk after dinner. It was only 20 minutes. I can only wrangle the three of them for so long. Maybe I can do it without kids in tow and get a bit more accomplished next time. I am glad I went though.

I went to my weigh in. I lost 3 pounds.
    That is what I expected. That was for two weeks. I did not have to go last Tuesday due to the 4th holiday. According to my scale, I maintained that week. So I guess the three pounds really was from this week. So, two weeks down on my six straight weeks of loss. I hope I can do it!

Dinner
    cola chicken (it was ok. great if you need a crock pot no fuss dinner) 3pts
    risotto 3pts
    bread 4pts
    fresh steamed green beans 0

That sits me at 23 points. Just enough left for a pudding or something tonight.

I have 26 pounds to get to the ww maximum for my height. I hope to be there by January 1st (AT THE LATEST)!!! I just want to get this done!

Until tomorrow..........good night!

Morrigan, if I don't write again before you go.............have a fantastic time!
  • Hello everyone!! It sounds like everyone is doing great!! Morrigan, sounds like you are having an awesome summer. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Amy, I am glad you are walking your dogs. My kids have been going with me some too. The only thing is that the kids don't want to really go for an hour. I used to so not like to walk, but the more I go the better I feel. Melloyan, I am so glad you are here!!! So you were on vacation? I hope you had fun. Sounds like you are ready to get back in the ww mode!! Debbie, don't let that 1.6 gain get you down. It is probably just water.You know how we women retain water. At weigh in next week you may find that you have lost 3 lbs!!! Seriously, I do that, but it always ends up working out to about a 1.5 lb./2 lb. loss per month. Chin up. Liz how are you doing??? I hope ok. I notice that you and Debbie workout at Curves. I used to go and I loved it, but I found it so hard to get in my car and drive there. Silly I know. If I forgot anyone I am sorry. Just know that you all are in my prayers and I am so glad that everyone is doing so well. I am not going to go into my tracking. I have rambled enough. I had a 24 pt day and did my 10 miles on stationary bike and walked the dogs for an hour. Have a great night!!! I so forgot to tell you all that I lost 2 lbs. I can't believe I forgot about that!!! How crazy am I???

/
  • Laura, your flour
    I will do an official post later. Two things

1) Paula, congratulations on the two pound loss!!! I hope we keep this up (down really) for several weeks to come.

2) Laura, I finally found the point info for the 1C flour. It is 9 points. Hope that helps.

Have a good day!!