Let's Track together .... (get and share ideas)

You're on Page 5 of 65
Go to
  • Oh - I love the progresso smart choice soups. I have the lentil or minestrone 2 or three times per week.

I started at 5'2" and 217 - my highest ever. I have also had grandma (at age 52) and cousins age 46, age 19, and age 36 have massive heart attacks. My grandma made it due to the fact that grandpa threw her in the car and drove 110 miles and hour and carried her into the ER as it happened. Cousins all died. Actually I try not to think about it too much. My cousin Shannon (36) was just last summer. She had just finished college, got a job, teenage kids at home...

My goal is always to not use my flex points and I never meet it. I end up using all of them and on a few occasions even more. I don't count activity points. Still losing even with eating my extra points, so all is good.
  • Jeanette, welcome!!! I hope you find the support you need here. I have only been on this thread for three or four days, but it helped get me off of a bad week. I too have health reasons for losing weight. Look forward to hearing more from you. Good luck!!!
  • corned beef on WW
    So, I just have to say that I stuck to my guns and had my corned beef and cabbage and new potatoes for dinner on this 17th day of March. I weighed my potato and my corned beef and still do have five points left for today. I will once again eat my skinny cow for dessert. I LOVE weight watchers! Not too many "diets" will allow such things. This truly can be a life change and not a diet! Check in with you all tomorrow PM. I am having a party for my six year old tomorrw. Wish me luck! --Amy
  • Day 1 of WW and here goes...lol I actually woke up looking forward to getting started today, I think that's a good sign...lol I hope I don't get on anyones nerves here but if I don't feel the need to report what I eat, god knows what i'll eat!! lol

so far just breakfast,

2 slices of low cal toast w/sugar free jam 4
    black coffee w/splenda
    16 oz water
    snack
    pretzels 2
    lunch
    soup w/crackers 6 total so far 13

walked 30 mins

so far so good, i'm really going to try this time!!! I actually wrote my weight down and put it in an envelope, told my boyfriend and kids they could open it next Saturday when I "weigh in" at home. I'd better make sure I lose some weight!!! lol

Jeanette
  • Today: arrgghhh - munching on kids leftovers. It turned a 5 point lunch into an 8 point lunch.

Breakfast: oat bran cereal with berries (4), creamer (1)
    Lunch: Boca burger and toast + the kids boca burger and toast (8)

13 points so far today

Muncha, muncha, Muncha... I never do well when I spend the day at home.

I made a pot of what would have been 0 points soup (except it has 6 points of real food in it), and I have eaten most of my 6 point soup with about 6 points worth of oyster crackers. Carbs are my downfall. I have mostly banished them from my house, but I bought "the kids" crackers and am now eating them myself.

Soup (6)
    Saltines (10)
    Oyster Crackers(5)

My points so far this week are 23, 25, 50, 26, 26, 34 (today). This puts me at 40 extra points for the week with one day left, and almost no exercise this week other than skiing for a couple hours on Thursday.
  • 3/19/06
    For only the 2nd time this winter (our plan was to do it once a week), I have sent the kids to daycare with DH and am staying home to clean house. They have daycare at Schweitzer, where my husband works. It is one of the greatest places with really high teacher to kid ratio's. Most days about 1-5 and always 1-2 in the baby room.

I really would like to be a neat freak, but playing with my kids and sleeping at night seem to be higher priorities. Hopefully by this evening I can have both, sparkly floors, no clutter and a happy family. It was a pretty easy sell. My DH had no clean underwear this morning. Of course, part of that is his fault. He started throwing away all the ones that had holes worn in them and ended up with only 6 pairs. I guess maybe I should go shopping. But then, if I could afford that regularly, maybe I could hire a housekeeper too.

Today should be better than yesterday, because I am not making food for anyone other than myself. My plan is for apples or salads any time I get hungry today.

Breakfast: 2 small pancakes (2), coffee with creamer (2)
    Lunch: Salad with chicken breast (3), and reduced fat feta (1)
    Lunch #2: WW Smart Ones Chicken Santa Fe over salad (2)

Going strong on the house. I am cleaning out those piles that grow slowly out of control and you have no idea what to do with (or no time to deal with them).

I threw in the towel on cleaning a few hours early and decided to ride my bike to town instead of drive. It was 12 miles and it took me an hour. It was such a beautiful day, I am glad I got out of the house. I am glad I did, because I haven't exercised much this week. Not sure about exercise plans for tomorrow. It is weigh in day at WW, so that cuts out skiing.

My dad is making taco salads for dinner. Should be easy to be low in points.
    Unless, that is, you have seconds.

salad (0)
    taco meat (10)
    a little cheese (2)

22 points for the day

oops - large quantity of dried fruit 28 points for the day
  • Revelation:

At the weight watchers meeting either this week or last week, the topic turned to "when" we eat.

It was brought up that by snacking continuously you screw up your body's signal for when you are hungry.

I always have lunch at work at 12:15, but at home I tend to eat lunch around 10:30 (when the kids get hungry). But then I end up eating something again at 12:15 - the time my tummy says eat. Now at work, I can't eat at 10:30. Sometimes I get hungry at 10:30, but I just grab a water bottle to see me through.

I am going to experiment with keeping a work schedule of eating at home. Maybe it will keep me out of kitchen.
  • what a weekend!!
    Oh my gosh!! I started out with such good intentions.

Saturday......

breakfast
    2.5 pts for ww yogurt and go lean crunch (1/2 c)

lunch
    party time
    1 small quiznos turkey sub
    several ff chips
    about 2/3 c homemade pasta salad
    very small piece of cake very small scoop icecream

dinner
    more of the sub
    some more chips

movie with some popcorn (no butter.....this is huge for me)

Sunday......

I ate all day. What can I say? I had an americano from Starbucks (0 pts) so that I could have a reduced fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake (7 pts)

lunch 1 piece of the sub and tons of chips and pasta salad ( I did use ff dressing in the pasta salad).

more cake and icecream

dinner 1 slice of pepperoni pizza and a large salad with ff dressing.

I feel horrible. I don't know why I can't go "off plan" just a little. If I goof up once, I jump in with both feet.

Hope to be back on track tomorrow. I went bathing suit shopping yesterday. I bought a size 16 suit. That felt good, but I still have so far to go. That should have helped me out today, but did not

Bye for now. Will check in late tomorrow. Have a road trip to make.

Hope you all had a good weekend ------Amy
  • I rearranged my closet today. I never would have thought I would say this before, but I am so very excited to fit into size 18.
  • Wow - Lots of posts on a busy Monday. I weighed in today, and am down 1.8 lbs for a total of 21.2 in 9 weeks.

Today:
    Breakfast: nonfat latte (2)
    Lunch: Chicken Marsala over salad (4)
    Lunch #2: Chicken breast with salsa (5)

Snack: Strawberries (1)

Dinner: Salad with cottage cheese (1)
    1/4 avacado (2)
    1/2 cup pasta (3)
    chicken (1)
    pesto (2)
    crustini (3)

24 points for the day - right on target.

although I really miss having 2 glasses of wine with dinner, seconds, thirds, and dessert
  • 3/21/06 Tuesday
    I actually ended up with 27 points yesterday - I ate a muffin when I got up at 11:00 and went to check on my DH while he was working on his laptop downstairs. I make him muffins about once a week to take to work and keep from going out to eat so much.

Today:
    Breakfast: oatmeal with berries (2)
    Creamer (1)
    Apple (1)

I had actually brought the apple for lunch, but it is gone so I will be buying lunch today.

Lunch: Salad with Dressing (2), Chicken (2) and Crunchies (1)

9 points so far today

Irish Soda Bread (and it wasn't that good) - my dad forgot his recipe and put in a 2Tablespoons of soda instead of two teaspoons. (3)

Chicken (2)
    Pesto (3)
    salad (0)
    parmasan (1)
    muffin (2)
    milk (2)

22 points for the day

wine (3)

now 25 points
  • Hi there Morrigan. Looks like it is just the two of us on here lately. Hope it wasn't something I said. I weighed in tonight. Not so good. I gained .4. I don't know how. So, I am hitting it hard this week to get going in the right direction again.

granola bar 3

two hotdogs on buns
    with mustard and pickles 4
    ff pringles 1

chicken with rotel 6
    3 wheat tortillas 2.5
    1/4 c ff cheese 1
    2 TBS ff sour cream 1

skinny cow icecream 3

22.5 out of 24. Not a bad day. Will check in tomorrow. ---Amy
  • I have certainly been the person to drop out of posting before.
    Sometimes I would quit because I got busy, or my computer died. But mostly
    I always stopped when I went off program. I couldn't stand to admit how much I was eating. This time through I decided I am just doing it ~ good days or bad days. I am not accountable if I don't write down what I am eating. And since there is a computer at home, work, mom's, and grandma's it is actually easier to write it down here than drag a journal everywhere with me.

Today: Oatmeal with Berries (3)
    whole milk in my coffee (3)
    Soup: 3 bowls (10)
    Crackers: (4)

20 for the day so far

I put a big pitcher (nice crystal) of ice water with lemon slices out on the counter and have been much better about drinking my water today.

Latte (2) and way too much caffiene for the day, I feel sick.

Dinner: Soup (3), Crackers (2), Muffin (2) and Milk (2)

30 point day - Although the soup is totally a guess as to how many points per serving
  • Today I had.......

breakfast
    oatmeal 3

lunch
    ham sandwhich mustard only 2
    ff pudding 2
    oreo crisps 2

dinner
    salad with chicken and salsa 4
    tortilla chips 6

Feeling good about today. Hope tomorrow goes as well.

Where do you get your lattes? I used to work for Starbucks and am an adict. I have been getting americanos. No points. I also get the light frappuccinos.
  • I live in a small town and buy my lattes at a local shop that is owned by a friend of mine. I write her a check for 10 or 20 at a time and then just stop in the drive through and pick it up. It is much more conveniant than paying every day. They have it ready (or are making it) when my car pulls up and I just drive off. I always get a 12oz nonfat double.

At Starbucks I get a double tall nonfat (same thing) and then take it over to the straw counter and sprinkle in orange and vanilla, or cinammon and splenda. That way I get flavor without paying an extra 50 cents

I like the 12 oz latte's because I get my milk in for the day. I used to be a huge milk drinker, but I can't stand using points on milk - I like to save them for real food.

Today:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with Berries (3), Latte (2)
    Lunch: Salad with oranges (1), chicken (2), dressing (2)

10 points so far today

I hate it when I do this. Enter house, engulf food.
    I have been really good this year about bringing a snack to eat in the car on the way home so that I won't be starving when I walk in the door. I forgot today and ended up working late and then running errands, so by the time I arrived home, I just ate whatever was in eyesight.

Now I am full, but I haven't even cooked dinnner for my family yet.

Engulfed: 2 cups chicken soup (6), leftover french bread (3)

19 points for the day, so I will still have a small dinner.

Dinner: salad with 3 oz grilled chicken and dressing

23 points for the day