Let's Track together .... (get and share ideas)

You're on Page 3 of 65
Go to
  • I do much better dieting if I am not at my house, my mom's house or my grandma's house. The days I spend at work or doing stuff I don't have time to eat.

b: oatmeal with berries
    s: tofu stir fry with cottage cheese
    l: tofu stir fry with cottage cheese
    s: very small brownie
    s: almonds
    d: rice and beans
    d: crackers

32 points today
  • Today I had a problem with portion size. The tofu stir fry might not look like much, but I ate an entire pan full. I need to stick to cooking serving size, not family size. This is especially true since my DH is skiing in CA this week and my kids don't really like spicy tofu.
  • WW Spreadsheet
    I made a nice little spread sheet to keep track of my daily points vs weight loss. If you are good with computers it is probably a little too rudimentary, but if you aren't good with spreadsheets and you want me to send you a copy I can.

I couldn't upload it because spreadsheets are not supported by this forum.

On my weigh in day I type in my loss, my weight, and my points for each day of the week. It gives me the average points per week, a weight loss graph, and a scatter plot (so I can determine if their is actually a linear relationship between eating your extra points and weight loss).

All you would have to do is delete my numbers and enter your own.

-Wendy
  • I would love you to spend me a copy ... I'll Pm you my email addy.

• Brownies at midnight. I hadn't touched them all day. Then I woke up and realized my DH was an hour late getting home on his flight from CA and it was really stormy outside (4" last night). So I had one, then two, then three. At least they were really small (mini muffin size). So I started off today 10 points down.

And then I had a big breakfast.
    Of all things, mixed greens with chicken breast.

DH took both the kids to work with him today (they have day care at work - $650 for 4.5 months and during the week there are usually 5 workers and 10-15 kids... it is great). Unbelievably, with that available this is the first day all winter that I have had the day to myself without kids. I am doing a really thorough cleaning of our lower floor. Maybe if I get off the computer I can get the main floor and upstairs too.
  • OHHHH I have A MAJOR weakness for Brownies.

I caved with Brownies last week too.

But this week I am really trying hard to be Good.
  • Have you guys tried the no-pudge brownies yet? I think they're really good and they're only 2 pt each. You can find the mix in your grocery store and just add ff yogurt. They are what got me throught TOM this month.
  • The kids got the chocolate out of the fridge and said mommy, can we have brownies. I caved.

now for some whining here

The first 5 weeks I did really well. This week I cannot stay out of the kitchen. I finally decided to get out of the house and spend F,S,S at the ski hill. I get up and first thing Anna (21 months) throws up all over the living room. I realized that I am not an expert parent. An expert parent would have scooped her up and sprinted to the nearest tile floor. I ran for a towel as she kept going.

I have eaten all my extra points for the week +13 more. I figured 3 days of skiing would give me some activity points to compensate. Instead I am spending a day watching Mary Poppins with a very nice little girl on my lap. (I sent DS to work with DH.)

Today so far:
    6:45 coffee with creamer 1
    7:00 oatmeal with berries 4
    10:30 taco salad 12
    12:00 strawberries with small bisquit 2
    2:00 sunflower seeds 2
    2:00 soup with crackers 6

27 points so far and it is 2:17 pm
  • Yestersday 3/9/06

Breakfast ~

2 cups of coffee/crmr/sl = 2 Points
    Toast = 1 Point

Lunch ~
    Cola Chicken = 6 Points
    Broccoli = 0 Points

Dinner ~

Subway = 8 Points
  • So after freaking out about being way over in points on Thursday and Friday while I was at home, I decided to be really good on Saturday. Here is what I had.

BF: Oatmeal with berries 3
    Lunch: 6 oz of salmon and salad 7
    Dinner: salad 2, soup 6, bread 4

I didn't actually write anything down until I got home and then I couldn't believe it. If I had guessed my points for the day I would have said 10, and here I was at 22.

I also went XC skiing for 3 hours with my dad. I couldn't believe I actually got him to go. He has gotten pretty out of shape this year. Not like a couch potato, since he skis every day for 3 hours, but still 20 lbs heavier than his normal XL size and hasn't walked or hit the gym all winter.
  • 3/12/06
    Breakfast: oatmeal with berries (3)
    Lunch: soup (3) and salad (0)
    Snack: Dried fruit (2) and orange (1)
    Coffee: milk in coffee all morning (1)

10 points so far and it is 12:43 -- I think I am going to make a light soup for dinner.

Took DS swimming at the pool for an hour this morning.

MunchaMunchaMuncha

I should never stepped in my grandma's house. But she is watching my DS while he naps. So 5 points in almonds, 1 bowl of cereal with milk, and 1/2 banana later (9)... I now have 3 points left for dinner.

Ended up with a chicken salad and bread for dinner. 27 point day.
  • 3/13/06
    Today is weigh in. We'll see.

Breakfast: 12oz nonfat latte (2)
    Snack: orange (1)
    Lunch: Salad with roasted chicken (3) and breadsticks (1)
    Dinner: Salad (0), aritchoke (0), salad dressing (3), Chicken breast (8), Garbanzo beans (3), olive oil (2)

23 points for the day.

I always do better point wise on weigh in day because I hardly eat anything before weigh in. Other than coffee, which makes me have to go to the bathroom. I looked back on my points per day. I have been averaging about 30 points per day for the last 8 weeks, but on Mondays my average is about 22. I need to figure out how to pretend every day is Monday.

I weighed in today down 4.8 lbs and finally under 200! Last week was just before TOM and gained .2, so I am pretty sure mine reflects a 2 week loss and not just what I did this week.
  • My weigh in was yesterday - I was Down 4.5 Pounds !!!!
    The week before it was that time of the month and I was up 1.4
    So I think it was combined from both weeks.

But I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED
  • These are my points per day for the last 8 weeks
    PTS 24 30 27 24 26 33
    26 40 23 25 40 24 24
    25 24 36 22 32 31 60
    24 23 25 35 31 36 50
    15 39 44 29 51 31 24
    24 28 35 24 30 24 39
    25 46 25 36 24 41 49
    26 27 32 54 42 22 27

This is my total points per week, average points per week, and weight loss
    217 AVE -19.4