Fit Day- How do you use it with SBD

• All of you are always so helpful I am hoping for some suggestions here. I know that the South Beach Diet does not specify calorie, fat, carb amounts but I find that keeping a food and exercise journal helps me a lot. How do you use Fit Day? Do you set goals for these things or just enter what you eat? Thanks in advance.
  • I'm interested in finding out how other people use this too. I signed up on FitDay a couple of weeks ago, but haven't really used it yet.
  • You can do both. There is a page to set a target weight, it will calculate based on # of calories you plan to consume, how long it will take to get to goal.
    Enter your weight on a day/week basis, and a graph is generated that provides a visual representation of your progress.
    Enter everything that you eat... in the beginning it is time consuming as you may opt to enter custom foods for which you need to take all the info off of a label and input it.

Good luck!
  • I use it occasionally when I'm trying to get an idea of what I'm eating. My goal is 40% good carbs, 30% (mostly unsaturated) fat and 30% lean protein. I also want my fiber in the 35g range. I don't always see it.

You can set up personal goals also which is fun. I like the charts when I actaully take the time to put in all my foods. It does get annoying trying to figure out what I ate verses what the site has and the calories don't match what the label says then you either go with the flow or make a custom food.

Oh, well it's a great tool once you get the hang of it.

Sarah
  • I love fitday. I wish I could get myself to use it everyday. I think the food journal is very helpful. In addition to recording what I eat I am going to try to jot down what I felt when I ate it to try and find my emotional triggers...
  • Thanks everyone! Great suggestions, as always