seriously...

• I'm stalled and need help. I started SBD on Jan 14th, ended phase 1 on Jan 28th. Really have not cheated, I've had a few goodies but nothing major at all. I workout 4-6 times a week for anywhere from 30-90 min. I eat a lot of veggies, lean meat, eggs, lf cheese, usually 1 serving of fruit, 1 slice of double fiber ww bread, etc. I do not get enough water in, this I know.

I started at 137.5 am currently at 129, the lowest I've seen on the beach was 127.5 and that was after being sick for 3 days. My clothes fit better and I look better but seriously when is the actual scale going ot budge? I've been in phase 2 for about 3 weeks and have maybe lost 1-1.5 lbs.

I have entered my calories into fitday or other boards and it seems that I'm still not getting enough calories. I hover right around 900, 1000 if I'm really trying. I get a pretty even split of fat, carbs and protein.

I just feel like I'm doing it all right but should actually be losing not just maintaining. If I really packed on 300 more calories a day would the weight fall off? or if I can force myself to chug more water would it really help?

Is it because I don't have that much to lose so it goes slower? please please save me from myself!!!!
  • Maybe it's because you're already at your goal weight? What's your BMI? Your body just might be resisting any more change. Just a thought...
  • it's 24.26 so it's "healthy" but it's just a hair from overweight...
  • How tall are you? I am also thinking that you may not have more to lose and that your body is taking over and stalling anymore weight loss.

Also, if you are only getting 900-1000 calories a day your body may be kicking itself into starvation mode and hanging on to every single calorie.

Just a thought......
  • well if you measure me up against the wall, I'm 5'1". But i have bad scoliosis and actually have enough spine to be 5'4" it's just all twisted up in me. I usually go with the 5'1" b/c that's actually how tall I stand.

I def don't want my body to think it's starving. I'm a little afraid to just tack on 300 calories and start gaining again. But maybe I can add another fruit and starch and see what happens...
  • you need to eat at least 1200 calories. You will then see the weight loss.
  • If you have enough spine to be 5' 4" then that probably is the height you should be going with. I would suggest you talk to your doctor about your ideal weight range. I'm 5' 3" and my doctor suggests a range of 125-135 for me.

I think it may be likely that you are not getting enough calories and your body is just holding onto everything.