Sub egg whites for egg beaters?!

• hey all I found a recepie on the LAWL website that I wanted to try. But it says I need a half cup of egg beaters. Can I sub egg whites for egg beaters? I asked my COD and again I met with my least favorite and she said absolutely not. But from what i have found on here is she tends to be wrong so I figured I would ask you knowledgeable women
  • I would. Egg beaters are 99% egg white and 1% colors and flavors, according to the package. That counselor does not know what she is talking about.
  • 1/2 cup of egg beaters would equal 4 egg whites.
  • Quote: hey all I found a recepie on the LAWL website that I wanted to try. But it says I need a half cup of egg beaters. Can I sub egg whites for egg beaters? I asked my COD and again I met with my least favorite and she said absolutely not. But from what i have found on here is she tends to be wrong so I figured I would ask you knowledgeable women
    ok it is time to knock this counselor off her highhorse...what is she thinking, and even more so they are both protein, that's like saying can i substitute a piece of bread for the peice of toast.
  • Haha, So true Shennie! She has a lot of nerve even being a counselor IMHO.
  • do you guys think i could call the 800# and say something to them? She really has no idea what shes talking about and its so frustrating because I am paying her to help me and you guys help me out more than she does and you guys are free!!