What to do when you had ALOT of sodium?

• I watch my sodium in take very closely since I am getting down to the last few lbs and it is getting harder.

I had some shrimp today that DH boiled - well I didn't see til after I ate them, that he boiled them in cajun stuff that is 5020 mg sodium per 1 tablespoon!!! Not good.

Should I drink ALOT of water, will that help to flush out? I feel so bloated right now and am dreading to weigh tomorrow.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Sheila
  • I would drink the extra water thats really all i can think of at the moment that would help some. Keep in mind that you probably didnt consume a whole tablespoon of the cajun seasoning so it might be as bad as you think. But try the extra water it cant hurt ya right!!
  • Yeah since it was boiled in large pot with water, and most of the seasoning was stuck to the shrimp peeling, hopefully it wasn't too bad, but man that is a lot of sodium!!! I was shocked to see how much!

Sheila
  • I agree to and water would help if u still feel like it affected u to much.
  • Yes, lemon water, lemon water, lemon water!!! Here is a lemon tip: Poke lemon with a fork a couple of times, put in a bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. Cut lemon in half while still in bowl, and squeeze into a glass. Don't forget to use all of the juice that came out in the bowl, too. This is a good way to get all of the juice out of a lemon.
  • Wow - Katie - how much water are you supposed to mix with that - and did you use the entire lemon?? Good idea - never thought about that!!
  • I mix one half of a lemon with 16 oz of hot water and chug it, then come back 20 minutes later for the other half. I am actually a Home Economist by trade, so I am full of little useful, and some not so useful tips!
  • that is such a cool idea though - thanks -