Almost There!

You're on Page 3 of 51
Go to
  • You come back here and read your own post! What did we do before the internet?
    Maybe you could make that massage part of your plan. A treat, a prize. It sounds lovely and like it really helped you.
  • Ooh ooh I want to join in here too! I have my goal weight as 140 and I've been having some trouble with these last few as well. This week has been going really well (then again, it's only Tuesday...) with eating and exercise. Generally I fall into the trap of well if I'm exercising really hard I don't have to watch what I eat but all those bites, licks and tastes (BLTs) really add up. We can all do this together.

P.S. Way to go Susan on that 127! You are such an inspiration.
  • Hello everyone!!

I had a really good day today. Like Veerie said
    Quote:
    ever have those days when everything just falls into place and seems effortless
    I had no problems at all today. Just my workout left to do after the kiddies are in bed. Yesterday was such a bad day but I managed to stay on track. Hopefully tomorrow is as easy as today was.

Just wanted to add what an inspiration you've all been to me along the way. Susan, lucky, lizzbabe, 2frus. Thank You!!!
  • Psych and Libby you two have made me blush! What kind words and, believe me, I needed to here them this week! So, thank you.

Gent and Veerie I know just what you mean. I had one of those today as well. I feel so in control and that feels great. I love that on days like this I don't question whether or not I'm going reach my goal.

Welcome, lizzbabe! Yep, those BLT's are how these extra 7 pounds snuck up on me. Part of my struggle is that I'm not unhappy right where I am. I know I still have a lot of room for improvement and I fully intend to keep going until I am happy with my weight. But, being content has given me a license to slack off more than I should. After all, I'm not miserable anymore so I don't have quite as much at stake as I did 50 or so pounds ago.

So, like I said, today was a great day. I just got back from the gym where I had an awesome workout. My legs and arms are still shaking from the weights but it feels good. And my running was better tonight too. You know, anytime I relax my eating and exercise and then buckle back down I always wonder why on Earth I ever got off track to begin with. I guess I don't realize how bad I feel until I start doing the things that make me feel so much better.

I'm excited - we're building up and great little group here. I know this is exactly the kind of support that will keep me from getting frustrated in the coming months. Hope everyone has a successful day tomorrow!

Tricia
  • Oooooh hello everybody! Lots of people now!

Glad there's good days happening all round. I had a pretty good day yesterday and an awesome kickboxing lesson, I ended up sparring about 4 people in a row which was really fun - and I was beating one of the better guys! Hoooooohah! Oh and I almost did box splits last night almost there! Another week or two and I'll be on the floor!!

Thought I'd stand on the scales just for the craic to keep me on track and I'm down 2 lbs from my plateau weight IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!! I have a feeling it could be water, since Mr TOM is visiting, but don't people generally go up I will see when I take my next pill what is going on. But otherwise I'm really loving this zig-zag calorie thing! Oh so this means I'm 1lb away from normal!

As for the size I'm aiming for, I think a UK 10-12, which is US 6-8. I'm 5'8" so I would look practically waif-like any smaller

Oh and I have to go at it extra-hard to fit into this >>>>> http://www.confetti.co.uk/fashion/fa...ls.asp?id=3647
  • Wow! That dress is stunning! I'm sure you will look absolutely amazing in it. That's quite a motivational tool!
  • That dress is gorgeous!!

And Lucky, I know what you mean about getting too comfortable. I was at 144 not too long ago but figured I didn't need to work as hard and realized in the end that yes, I still have a ways to go but I know I will get there.

Had a great workout this morning and planning a run after work with a friend as well. Not sure if I mentioned this here but I was supposed to do a 5-k with her this weekend and she bailed on me so that was kind of a bummer. Since it's like an hour away I'll have to see if my boyfriend wants to come and cheer me on. Otherwise I'll just wait till next time since I hadn't registered yet.
  • Jenfrus that dress is lovely!
    Lucky? Tricia? That's better. I keep wanting to call you Lucy!
    Veerie ... we need to talk about stacking wood. The men have all gone to work and guess what? ... it's up to Mom!
    Liz? No you can't join you're too pretty and young Now if you looked like Jenfrus in her portrait there .... we let her stay.
  • What a beautiful dress! And what great motivation!

I have a crazy busy day today but I thought I'd check in here quickly. Have a great day!
  • That really is me... D'you think my hair might clash with my dress?
    Oh I'm getting closer to tracking it down... No-one has it in stock (who I've rung) but one place can order it in for a half-price deposit. I will see what else they have in their shop before I order the dress then I can transfer the deposit if for some reason I don't want the *dribble* dress!
  • Yoooo-hoo!

Anyway, I'm weighing almost daily at the moment just out of interest (Mr Tom's still hanging around) and this morning - 11st 10 3/4lbs!!!! That's the lowest weight I've seen (164 3/4) that's 3/4lb away from normal! And it makes it 2 1/4 lbs lost since Sunday! I'm still not convinced it's actually right though! I just keep checking to make sure I haven't jumped back up to 167 and it just keeps going down.

This is seriously wierd! And I know I say I ain't a scale watcher... Well. *ahem* I'm more of a scale observer at the moment... I'm just not taking it seriously!
  • That is so exciting with the scale, Jenfrus! Way to go. I actually saw a pound less on the scale today which was exciting.

SusanB, I *think* that was a compliment haha so thanks but I still want to be in "the group"! I know you are like a Fitday guru so feel free to analyze me and tell me what I could be doing better. Some days I'm able to come home for lunch and get better fruits/veggies but when I am on the road all day I stick with protein bars, etc...

AND big news is that for some reason my friend felt guilty about ditching me this weekend (muhahaha) and still has agreed to run the 5-k with me again. We ran 4 miles yesterday and we are pumped!
  • Ok you can stay. A 4 mile run! You're making me tired.
    I'll have a look at that fitday sometime today. The weather is crappy again so I'll be here!
    Jenfrus? We were talking a few days ago about yu making some calorie changes, did you? That drop is encouraging yes?
    Morning Gaylyn, Veerie!
  • Hey guys, check out my ticker! I'm down 2 pounds and broke that nasty 140 mark (again ). I think I'll be back to 134 in no time and, then, look out 120!

2frus, I'm so happy for you! I am an admitted scale addict but I always advise against it. Like my mom always told us, "Do as I SAY, not as I DO." I don't get emotional about the number or anything - I just like to see it. These days I'm hopping on all the time out of pure amazement. Even when I inched back up to 141 getting on the scale was motivating. I just couldn't help but be fascinated that I was actually worried about being in the 140's. After all, I did spend an awful lot of time completely ignoring the 200's. Oh, and the dress you have picked out is beautiful. When is the big day?

Lizzbabe, I'm impressed with your running skills. I WANT to be a runner but I have a looooong way to go and I'm not sure I'll ever get there. I had recontructive ACL surgery back in college and that kind of impact can give me trouble. It is 100% better since I've lost weight and I don't do so bad on the treadmill but running outside on pavement is much harder on my knee. I may never be in a marathon but I think I will be able to work up to a 5K before too long.

Susan, so how is 127 working for you? Does it just feel really light? You must describe it often because I've made you my friendly competition. My new mantra is "Gotta catch up with Susan!" Of course, that puts extra pressure on you to always stay a few steps ahead of me so I've got something to chase!

Where is everyone else? Are you guys doing okay?
  • Wahey Liz - a 5K what time are you trying to beat? Glad you got your race after all!

Susan, no I didn't make any calorie changes at all. I was aiming at averaging 1800, after 5 days nothing happened, I thought I'd give it a week. Was 2lbs down after a week of Zig Zagging calories. Decided to stay averaging 1800 this week and it's still dropping Oh and when I aim for 1800, according to fitday I'm actually getting 1900, so I'm a VERY happy bunny!

Yeah come on Miss 127 - how does it feel? It's really funny but even though the lovely sweet precious scales say over 2lbs lighter... I don't feel any different! Isn't that the stupidest thing?? I was so hung up on the scales not moving and thinking I'd feel a whole lot better when they moved and they have and I don't feel any different! Just 3/4 lb to normal! That will be strange!

I'm trying to stay "ahead" of YP in UK chicks and running chicks (she doesn't know it though! ) I think I might have managed it! She's taller than me anyway and is already normal! So go racing Susan and Lucky!

I'm feeling quite psyched today, had good food, got a 2000kcal day today so I have snuck in a Kendal Mint Cake for carbs before during and after kickboxing and it hasn't affected my ratios much!

Oh yeah and I'm planning on really pushing my box splits tonight and just generally going like the clappers - I'm all caffinated and ready to go!

Wahey! Bring on the day