Friday Chat.....Feb. 3

• Hi everyone.....I am starting this before I go to bed....am still near Vancouver....visiting family.....it's so nice being with my DGD....Claire.....I go home on Sunday.
    It has been raining here a lot since I got here.....Vancouver had 29 days of rain in the month of January.....that sure is a lot.
    I live 500 miles north of Vancouver & we have snow....it has been snowing there at least 4 days in the last week.

Leenie....when I get back home.....I will start my eating plan once again.

Snoopysgirl.....I have been on natural progesterone for 6 or 7 years....I get a prescription from my doctor.....I do well on it. Where I live.....a lot of women are on on natural progesterone. The doctors here have been to seminars about it.

Mazarin.....do you have discontinuation symptoms when you try to lower your Celexa.....I am on Celexa......was on it in 2004.....then in the spring reduced it for 6 weeks....then went off it.....discontinuation symptoms lasted for 5 months.....terrible depression. If you are reducing your Celexa.....you could be having discontinuation symptoms.....which for me was terrible depression.....but all people are different when they go off it.....or reduce the dose.

April
  • hi
    feeling depressed, had a hard day, off to take a bath now

do you mind me asking why you opted for daily threads rather than weekly or longer? the reason i ask is that it seems hard to keep the continuity of conversations from one day to the next. also because it's confusing for me as i am a day ahead i don't want to make waves, i'm a newbie here. just asking as there seem to be some really interesting conversations that get lost in the transfer from day to day

cheers everyone.
  • Morning everyone, it's FRIDAY!!! I have Monday off so I'm quite happy. Not to mention I'm sitting in front of my blue light. Thanks again April for directing me to it.

Life has been pretty good. I'm having a problem with ebay and they made me so mad last night that I didn't exercise out of frustration. At least I didn't emotional eat. That was the bright side.

Well, it's a busy day at work and I better get at it.
    Marie
  • Hi April! Have you gone to bed yet? So, you are near Vancouver, huh. I never got over to Vancouver, when I was living in Montana., but I heard that it is beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your stay. I'm sure that you are enjoying your DGD! It rained here this morning, so I didn't go for a 10 min. walk - I worked out with Denise Austin at 7, since my kids have the day off for parents teachers conference. It's cleared up now, so I may go for a walk before the day is over. I don't know how many days of rain that D.C. has had in the month of January.....So, you have snow in Northern British Columbia huh. Wish that we had had snow for Christmas.....We've had some snow, but not enough. It's supposed to be Winter! And I'm originally from Ohio, and I want and like snow during the winter time.

Hi sweet pea! Glad to see you hear! Sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed, and that you had a hard day. Hope that you enjoyed your bath.

Cheers!

Hi Marie! Yes, it is Friday. My kids are out of school for parents teachers conference day and I have my niece over for the weekend. Why do you have Monday off? Okay, fill me in on this blue light thing.........

Glad to hear that life has been pretty good. I've had only 2 problems with ebay since I discovered it. Sorry to hear that you didn't exercise out the frustration, but at least you didn't emotional eat. That was a bright side.

Well, have a good rest of your day at work, and I hope that it doesn't turn out to be too busy of a day.

Casper
  • Hi everyone

I'm feeling great today! I just started Cymbalta yesterday. I never been on ADs before, but I knew therapy wouldn't work, as it hadn't in the past. I'm not sure if it's the notion that I'm doing something to make my life better or the actual ADs already, but I have never felt better in my life!

And, to add to all this, I found out I lost 3 more pounds! Bringing my total to 9.5 lbs in 3 weeks. The banner doesn't go by halves, but I'll take the full pound haha.

It's feels good to finally get some help. Hope everybodys day goes well!

Candi
  • OMG that picture of the duck is hilarious!!!

thanks casper yes i'm feeling better today

can anyone tell me the brand name of the blue light or the exact name of it so i can see if it is available here???
  • Hi Candi!

Glad to hear that you are felling great today! I am not familiar with Cymbalta. I never thought about it, but sometimes I feel that therapy doesn't work for me either. Maybe it's because my new therapist and I have not gelled yet. I'm not sure if it ever has. Getting back to you, I'm not sure if it's the notion that you're doing something to make your life better or if it's the actual ADs already, but I'm glad to hear that you have never felt better in your life!

Casper
  • Good afternoon everyone

Marie....thank you....about the blue light......it is helping me feel better......more so than the regular light box.

Casper....when you posted at 9:27 my time....I was already up.....having slept all night.

Candi.....congratulations on losing the 3 lbs.!!!

Sweet_pea.....the blue light is called a Go Lite by Apollo.....their site is.....
    www.mygolite.com

April
  • Hi sweet pea! Isn't that picture of the duck hilarious! I agree!

You're welcome! Glad to hear that you are feeling better today.

Casper
  • Good evening April. Sorry about that.

Casper
  • Good Afternoon everyone

Wow am I glad its friday. DD13 has been home since Wednesday with her cold and today I found out that influenza A is going around the school so maybe thats what she has. Now DD15 is coughing. She has exams on Tuesday, but other than that she has the week off.
    I actually had a fairly good day, haven't had a nap at all. I used my light for 45 minutes in 15 min incraments this morning. I'm still trying to work up on the intensity as the first few days I got a wicked headache.

Mizcandula - congrats on the weight loss Good for you. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Glad to hear everyone is doing alright. Hope you all have a great and restfull weekend.

Take care all,
    K
  • april thanks for the blue light. i am checking to see if we can get them in NZ

i have a problem i would like advice on. i may have to open a new thread as these only last a day but here it is...

i have a close relative with an undiagnosed mental illness. there is self-harm in the form of destructive decisions. just this week she was arrested (but not charged) after a dispute with a neighbour. it is not sufficient self-harm to have her compulsorily committed and she doesn't think she has a problem so she won't seek help. i believe she has a personality disorder (narcissism) and she is definitely out of touch with reality and delusional. but she can do the basic stuff like feed herself, drive places blah blah. the problem is more that she is always in financial and legal trouble and she is hard to deal with as she is so illogical and out of touch with reality.

in the past i have gone thru periods where i pull away. if she asks my advice in advance i will give it but then she does what she wants anyway and gets in trouble and then complains (everyone else is to blame). when i pull away the consequences can be extreme. like losing her business, being beaten up, being arrested, losing her house etc etc but it is hard for me to stay in her life as it has such a big impact on me.

any thoughts? she will never change but she is part of my life as a blood relative. we are coming to another crunch. she is in danger of being arrested again OR losing her house. i really really need help...
  • I love the psycho pic attached. Great for a 9.5 weight loss in 3 weeks. Wow.