Chicken in foreman grill.. Need easy way to spice it up?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Has anyone else tried Annie's Natural Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing? It is wonderful on chicken and other things. The raspberry mustard is great too... does NOT taste much like mustard. I have often used it on chicken but have never tried marinating the chicken in the dressing BEFORE I cooked it... but I will!! Most of the time though I buy my chicken breast pieces from Central Market and they already have seasoning and a very light coating of parmesan on them... which turns them nice and crunchy on the foreman grill.
  • I cook for only two people, and I have the smallest George Forman grill. I am super super busy, and often will use the GF when I zoom home for my lunch break. I'll throw on one whole chicken breast and sprinkle with lemon pepper or Mrs. Dash, maybe a little Tony Chacheres Cajun seasoning. It seems like any seasoning or marinade works good. Then as its getting done on the outsides (like 5 minutes), I will stand it up on its side with a fork, and cut it down the middle. Then I season the pink side, throw the two halves back on the grill, and cook for just a few more minutes until no longer pink. It cooks quicker because it's not so thick. The chicken is great to be used for anything. For me this way of cutting the chicken when its halfway done is the easiest way to cut a single breast to use for two servings.

• Sounds like a great idea!!! I assume you are talking about boneless chicken breasts??? I have never tried to cook them with bone in.
  • This is a ww recipe I tried last night. 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar,2 tsp. olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, 1/2 tsp. rosemary,1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp pepper. 4 boneless, skinless chicken brest. Combine all ingredients and place in a ziplock bag with chicken. Marinate overnight. Grill 4 serving 3points

Be careful I almost over cooked mine. very yummy
  • Ohhhh that one sounds good. I love balsamic vinegar!! I printed it out!! Thanks
  • I've been dreaming of margarita chicken. There are several recipes that I found online, but I was thinking of just throwing together a marinade with some lime juice, sea salt, pepper, garlic, and a splash of tequila.

I love my George Foreman grill. I've had him for years and he's not let me down yet.
  • Ohhh the lime and stuff sounds good... unfortunately (or maybe fortunately LOL) I hate the taste of any alcohol!
  • I have got a great tip on seasoning chicken on GF grill, it is Southwest Chipotle Seasoning by Tone's. I bought the seasoning at Sam's, but I bet you can find it at Walmart or anywhere they sell Tone's. SOOOOO Good!

• Thanks Cindy!!!! Sounds great!
  • Anyone try Emeril's marinades? I don't know what the calorie count on them is like, but I reserved my little GF grill especially for chicken breasts marinated in Emeril's lemon, rosemary and garlic. Yummy Stuff!
    Scout Wife
  • Sounds good! I am going to try some Annie's Raspberry vinagrette dressing for marinade next time!! I love the stuff! Also the raspberry mustard is wonderful on meat after it is cooked.
  • I wore out the small size GF, and then someone gave us the family sized one, which has adjustable temperatures. It's much easier than squeezing two chicken breasts (or whatever) into the little one! I love the sound of most of these marinades - I'll be trying some soon. Thanks.
  • I have a larger GF (not GF brand--it's a Walmart one). I LOVE it because the grilling plates are removable, so I can just toss them in the dishwasher instead of trying to clean them while still attached. Also, it opens up flat so I can actually cook up to about 6 big burgers all at once--I can usually fit 3 really big thin-sliced chicken breasts when I have it closed.

I just buy different marinades. Ithink I have tried just about every flavor there is now My favorite is a honey dijon marinade--I use it on the chicken and then I also add some to a mixture of whole-wheat blend spaghetti, chopped spinach, and chopped broccoli as a side dish. YUM!
  • I agree with the Mrs. Dash. Also, Grill mates has good rubs and packs of marinades. Enjoy
  • I really like the Cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning, Salt free. I have read the ingredients and it does have suger in it, but it must not be very much beacause it does not show up on the nutrition facts. Everything is in the 0's. No cals, no fat, no sodium and no carbs. It has a blend of seasonings. I use to use alot of salt so now I use this. I put it on everything, meats and veggies. I love these grills. I am still learning how to keep the chicken moist. I think I am over cooking it. I tried them with skin and bone thinking it would be more moist, but they were to big for the grill. So for mine I think it has to be the boneless skinless kind.