Wave 2 - T's Easy Chicken

• Found this on Allrecipes. I think it would work for Sonoma, although I'm going to try it with less olive oil, and maybe a dash of sea salt and/or Italian seasoning.

T's Easy Chicken:

Chicken breast, mushrooms and tomatoes cooked with a little olive oil, lemon and onion. A simple one skillet dish that's sure to please.

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
    Cook Time: 15 Minutes
    Ready In: 25 Minutes
    Yields: 4 servings
    INGREDIENTS
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup diced onion
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/2 cup diced tomatoes, drained

DIRECTIONS
    Heat oil, lemon juice and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. When onion is tender, add chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes.
    Cook over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes each side, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
  • Why is this not Wave 1?
  • Hi Bandit,

I think I listed it as Wave 2 because of the lemon juice. If we can use lemon juice as a seasoning in Wave 1, then sure, it would work fine.

Laurie
  • Thank you!
  • Trying this tonight for my supper. Looking forward to it!
  • Oh good! I hope it works out for you, because it sure sounds yummy. I was planning on making it over the weekend.

I think I'm going to start out with only 2 TBS. of olive oil and 2 TBS. of lemon juice -- can always add more if it doesn't taste right, but 1/4 cu of oil does sound like a lot.

Please let us know how it came out!

Laurie
  • You know, I think this is what I'm going to have for dinner tonight too! I've got everything at home, so it'll be nice and simple.
  • Hi - made this last night but cut recipe down for 1 serving.

It was very good - definately make it again. So simple, so good!!

Thanks!