I'm still around...

• Hi everyone, both old timers and newbies. I stopped by here the other day, the first time in about three years! Wow, does time fly.

Just thought I would say I am still around, still exercising, and currently back in the USA. (We have been back in FL since late 2003.)

Since I was last posting here, I experimented with a 'raw food' diet, (I have since migrated back to non-vegetarian fare accept during periodic periods of cleansing and detoxification) became certified as nutritional consultant, accepted a job with a leading supplement company, and I am now a natural health educator, teacher and curriculum developer. I recently read over many of my previous posts here on the boards, and it is neat to see that I have been able to realize some of my hopes that i had posted back in 2002.

Despite my involvement with exercise, my health has been on a roller coaster over the last three years, and although i didn't gain back too much of the weight I lost initially with strength training and the lower carb diet, I have had a lot of issues with stress, and impaired digestion. However, since coming to work for my current employer, I have managed to turn a lot of that around.

Anyway, it is good to see everyone is still around, and still excited about resistance training! I will try to stick around. I am adding my blog link to my signature, so you can check it out if you'd like.

Caio,
    meow
  • Hi meow Nice to see you again! I read some of your blog- glad that you are feeling better

Mel
  • Thanks Mel! You and Karen have always been a big inspiration to me as to what we can achieve with persistance and hard work. GLad everyone is still hard at work inspiring the multitudes who stop in here on the LWL forum!

meow
    =^..^=
  • Hi Meow! I remember you too -- weren't you on an island back then, with limited Internet access? It was always fun to hear what you were up to!

Just jump right back in -- we have some wonderful new members (in addition to the oldies) but the support and encouragement are as good as ever. I'm looking forward to checking out your blog.

Stop by and visit the Maintainers Forum sometime -- that's new since you were here. Mel and I are the moderators and no one ever mixes us up!
  • Hi Meg! Indeed, I was on an island, off the coast of south america!

We moved back stateside in the fall of 2003, but hope to one day return...But for now, I am back in a place where I can access the web night and day...a blessing and a curse I suppose!

I will check out the maintainers forum!

Meow.
  • Hey Meow, I remember you and the island all too well, back