I Found A Kick Butt Peanut Butter!!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Actually I eat the real thing! Just not a whole lot of it!!!
  • I have a portion control issue with the real thing so for making my BF's PB&J sandwiches I have the PB that comes in individual containers so I'm not tempted to have spoonfuls each time.
  • MMMM I actually LOVE the Better n PB! If you don't expect it to tste just like PB, then you might like it. I just think of it as something else entirely, like a peanut "spread". It tastes kinda molassesey (?? LOL) to me and it is delicious w/strawberry jam on a Quaker multigrain cinnamon toast cake LOL
    OMG I want one now.
  • I go to Winco or New Seasons Market and get the fresh made Peanut Butter or Almond Butters....so good and natural.
  • We have that at Central Market, too, or cashews. Only problem is I really like the creamy and this is chunky.
  • Speaking of peanut butter...I don't know how many of you are on weight watchers or like their food...but...I just had one of their smart ones peanut butter pies...they are AMAZING!!! It's 4 points for one/190 cals...but I think that it's worth it. I actually tricked my fiance into thinking that it was a "regular" pie and he loved it!!! So then when I told him it was WW...he was shocked!
  • I am such a total total nutcase!

I've been moaning about how there's nowhere here that you can get natural PB, well I just figured get the peanuts and blend them! That ougtta do it right?

I googled homemade peanut butter and found my answer!
  • Yah you can grind it in the store here. Unfortunately I like the creamy stuff and this makes crunchy.
  • I would much rather eat real natural peanut butter than any fake stuff with chemicals. Sure, real peanut butter is higher in fat - but it's a good fat and I need more good fats in my diet. It's usually a daily struggle to make sure my fat calories are at least 20% of my daily intake. I absolutely love chunky, though. Mmmm chunky.
  • It is passed lunch time and I guess I haven't eaten yet. So I am going to get some lunch. If I find myself steering toward the peanut butter, I'll know how the idea got in my head.

If I steer clear... what am I talking about.. I know I'm going to have some..
  • I just got this and love it.
  • how many cals in naturally more?
    and I have heard really good things about peanut wonder..but have not tried it myself..

and yes trader joes is the best store on earth

its not low cal but I love the natural skippy too..it is gooooooooooood..
  • I absolutely love almond and cashew butters. I remember a store brand I tried was creamy, but I don't remember the brand. One of our health food stores has the grind your own. For portion control, I grind like 1/4 of a cup of the almond butter, and refrigerate it. We've started to stop in about once a week, and I don't get it every time, but with four tablespoons, refrigerated, portion control is easy. Cold, it doesn't spread, so I sort of thinkly shave off a thin piece with a knife or a spoon. Usually I just let the piece melt in my mouth, or I might put a couple thin slices on a a couple wheat thins, alone or with a dab of fruit spread. I try to think of it as a piece of candy, rather than as a meal component.