14 Pounds by Febuary 14th

You're on Page 9 of 15
Go to
  • Tgirl - take your veggie chilli and pour over salad and make a healthy taco salad. Top with salsa and a spoon of sour cream - OHH WOO GOOD.

Down another lbs and a bit - chugging my way along to goal weight. How is everyone else making out? Any new tips?
  • NOt doing so hot on the challenge. Working on it though. Yesterday was pretty good food-wise. A little too much of it, but healthy stuff at least. Exercised for 40 minutes. Doing well today so far. Will exercise for about 45 minutes (low-impact cardio and weights). Tomorrow morning will exercise because late afternoon we're going out of town. Will try to make good food choices while eating out! Salads and protein... sigh.
  • I'm doing ok. Down another lb. Had another class last night at curves (kind of a waste of time last night, instructor kind of blows). Trying my best to make it to our V-day goal!!!!

tgirl, my FAVORITE recipe in the whole world in South Beach's Vegitarian chili with guac salsa....it is the best!!!
  • So - today someone said "are you losing weight". All this as I was eating a piece of coworker birthday chocolate chocolate caramel cake. LOL.

Does anyone else look in the mirror and always think they look the same? I know my clothing size has changed from 22 to 14, but I still think I look the same underneath. Easy to see how someone could have an eating disorder if you see the same all the time.
  • This week hasn't been so great weight wise. I am down only a half a pound but it was t.o.m. and I started exercising. I am going to hope that the slow weight gain was because of that.

I hoping by the end of next week I'll be able to see some difference in the way my clothes fit.
  • flamejobgrrl, isn't it so exciting when someone asked you that?!!! It makes you want to keep going. You know, someone once said, once a fat girl always a fat girl....maybe that is what they meant. After my 7 lb lose, I'm still not feeling the difference in the way my close are fitting....I guess I have to wait a few more lbs yet.

GoalWeight160
  • Quote: So - today someone said "are you losing weight". All this as I was eating a piece of coworker birthday chocolate chocolate caramel cake. LOL.

Does anyone else look in the mirror and always think they look the same? I know my clothing size has changed from 22 to 14, but I still think I look the same underneath. Easy to see how someone could have an eating disorder if you see the same all the time.
    Yes, but it's the other way with me.

When I'm losing I get so excited because I can SEE where the pounds are dropping. I can see that my legs are thinner and my pants are baggier and that my ribs are showing more etc.

But it's when I put weight ON that I think I don't look any different.

It usually takes a 'fat' photo to make me think "heck - is that me??"

goalweight160 - I am sure it will start to show very soon. I really noticed a couple of days ago when I was looking at my leg and thought - hey, there was more of that before, and again this morning when I was stretching my arms over my head to put my hair in a bobble, I looked at my torso in the mirror and suddenly realised I could see my ribs!
  • Well 5 down 9 more to go and i'm a little worried about reaching 14 in three weeks! My scale is so weird! I know my body weight fluctuates throughout the day but I weigh myself before going to my ww meetings and somehow lose 2 or three pounds on the way there! Maybe I should attend meetings every day! lol
  • So yesterday I should've weighed myself but there was a raging snowstorm so I decided to hunker down in my house. Good thing I did because I ended up having a stomache the rest of the day. Little did I know that my TOM was arriving, and a few days early. Thought that maybe I'd make it to the gym today but it was easier to stay at home rather than make my way through all the snow from yesterday. Now that I'm in phase 2 of SBD, I'll have to see how things go. Today for dessert I had 4 very tiny cookies from a xmas exchange...what a delight since it's been so long since I've had something so decadent - not that I'm much of a sweet person, prefer salty.
    All things aside, I'll go to the gym tomorrow and weigh myself then, though I've been reading that since it's TOM, the scales might now show true accuracy...maybe next Saturday will be the real numbers?

SW: 180
    CW: 174
    GW: 160
  • I am down a pound since Wed. I'm down 4.5 pounds & it doesn't look any different yet. I have been exercising for a week but I missed today. I'll get back on that horse tommorrow.
  • Here's to another week, hope everyone is a big loser. This is one of my most stressful times of the year & one of the times when I would usually gain weight.......start of a new school semester (I work on a college campus). NOT THIS TIME! I'm sticking to it.

My husband ate McD's this weekend because we had free coupons....I ate ONE FRY!!!! YEAH!!!! That's it, that is all I ate from his meal. It helped that we just watched "super size" me a day ago. Then my husband tempted me with frozen custard but I said "NO". I told him, I want to be thin more then I want that custard, not much more, but still more

Let's work hard this week!

Valantine's Day goal

Long term goal
  • Hello ladies!

I dropped 1.6% body fat last week!!! YEAH!!

3 weeks till V-DAY!!! Let's get losing!!!

Valantine's Day goal

Long term goal
  • Well, I have been really discouraged because I have not been able to GET WITH IT, and haven't lost an ounce, though I have been working out more. The problem is I've still been eating too much! But yesterday, for the first time, I was completely within my WW points. I turned down ice cream twice! I did not eat junk (more than a few bites anyway) and got plenty of food. And I exercised. I worked out this morning (35 min cardio, 10 min weights) and I am on-plan so far. And I will STAY! At this point, I'm shooting for 7 lbs by Valentine's but if I make that I will be excited and I will set another goal! I weight tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I drop even a lb!
  • I fell off the wagon!
    Well this just goes to prove that weakness can strike when we're least expecting it. Due to a few factors, including feeling good about losing 8 lbs now, I had two cookies this week, and thank goodness I was able to stop at that...and it was on two different days. However, things have been busy at work and I haven't been preparing my meals as well as I did the first two weeks I began SBD. I've also done a little bit more research about SBD just to make sure that the weight I've lost so far isn't all for not. We'll see where I'm at when I get to drink alcohol again...a few days earlier than my BD because I'll be at a party. I believe we're down to 20 more days...just under 3 weeks!

I haven't lost my motivation...and I hope none of you have either...can't wait to see how we all do...we should tally our collective weight loss to celebrate!
  • Yeah, where is everyone? You have all been doing so fabulous! (I haven't but I'm still here!) I have been doing so much better this week. I exercised and ate within my points Monday and Tuesday, but yesterday I was a little over (not sure exactly how much) and I didn't get to exercise, due to homework constraints, and a young marrieds (which we are) class my DH and I had to take a turn to teach. But it's okay, because I'm feeling better, and slimmer, and therefore motivated. I will eat on the low end of my WW points today to make up for yesterday, and I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes -before- work today. Going to work out for an hour tonight, eat healthily, and not have ANY movie popcorn (one of my weaknesses) when we go to see Pride & Prejudice tonight. Hope to hear how you're all doing. Hang in there! I will post my weight tomorrow (if there's any change... but if there's not, I'm still doing good, and I refuse to be discouraged. I know it will work - it has before several times!)