Inspiring quotes from members

You're on Page 8 of 12
Go to
  • Not sure if this has made it in yet or not:

Mind over matter…if you don’t mind, it won't matter!
  • This is my motto:

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
  • i like you comment, i always think i can goof off, "like class" and then cram so to speak at the end, so i will remember this , during the week, thanks,
  • When I'm coping with 'cheating' on my diet...
    When I had a bad night of binging, or a weekend of having too much fun, or just have put off going to the gym...this quote really impacts me--

"Get back up and finish what you started."
  • Here are some of my favorites, I apologize if some have already been posted

Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better

You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there

Success is the sum of many small efforts

The road to success is lined with many tempting parking spaces

It is easier to suppress the first desire than to satisfy all that follow

Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness

Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor

A diamond with flaws is better than a common stone that is perfect

The only job where you start at the top is digging a hole

There’s always free cheese in mouse traps but the mice there ain’t happy

A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for
  • These are 3 of my favorites.

I am beautiful as I am. I am the shape that was gifted. My breasts are no longer perky and upright like when I was a teenager. My hips are wider than that of a fashion model's. For this I am glad, for these are the signs of a life lived. ~Cindy Olsen

“I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be.” -Douglas Adams

..."I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humainized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
    - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • Quote: Okay, I've got one for you. I don't know how inspiring it'll be for anyone else, but it sure works for me!

I'm not sure where he got it, but my trainer told me this one the other day:

"If you have to eat a frog, don't spend too much time looking at it. If you have to eat two frogs, eat the biggest one first."

I now think of my dreaded exercise workouts as frogs. I saw my trainer last night when I went for my exercise class, and said to him, "I'm here to eat my frog."
    I've spent most of today avoiding my run on the treadmill. I was trying to take a nap, but all I could think of was, "Darn it, I haven't eaten my frog yet! Better get it over with."

I've done it.
    I love this!!
  • Quote: I can't find the person's signature right now, but it caught my eye when browsing before I registered and really stuck with me.

I think it was:

Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining your weight is hard. Pick your hard.
    So true!
  • There's no such thing as an ugly woman, just a lazy one

This one always motivates me to work a little harder! (:
  • i havent read all 8! pages yet, so maybe this is a repeat.
    'i love the smell of fat burning in the morning!'
    sig from another forum
    love that one! and we're not talking about bacon lol!
  • Quote from an AVI book
    I'm a noob here! But I've been reading stuff from this site for quite some time now, and it's great. I really love this thread, so I thought I'd put in my two cents.

"If it's going to be tomorrow, it might as well be today. And if it is today, it could have been yesterday. If it WAS yesterday, then you'd be over and done with it."
  • I just read all 8 pages worth of inspiring quotes and now i'm really motivated! thank you all!
    and I guess I should share one too :P

"You can't lose weight by talking about it. You have to keep your mouth shut"
  • Just a few personal favorites.

Don't squat with your spurs on.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than putting it back in.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Making it in life is kind of like busting broncos. You're going to get thrown a lot. The simple secret is to keep getting back on.

Go after life as if it's something that's got to be roped in a hurry before it gets away.
  • Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip!
  • I just feel pretty bad tonight. I have just let my eating and weight get completely away from me AGAIN. I find that when I read and share on this website I sometimes do better. Really want to want to get back to basics and get going on some weight loss. Glad you are al there.