Inspiring quotes from members

You're on Page 2 of 12
Go to
  • I like this one:

'' Fail to plan, plan to fail ''
  • I thought my weight problem was entirely due to the prednisone that I have been on for the past 3 yrs. My doctor said, this medicine does make you more hungry "but it doesn't choose what you put in your mouth". He was right, I am losing weight very well, even though I am still on prednisone. It was just an easy excuse for me.
  • Ok something I read in Shape over the weekend:

Are you interested in losing weight or COMMITED to losing weight?

Me? NOW? I'm commited
  • Ok this is one I read this week...It was just to funny....

'Jeans and bra should not meet in the middle, folks.'
  • Ok this sent me laughing! I was on the edge of a binge. Thanks for the help! I knew I could count on my favorite site to talk me out of binging! Now I am going to get a glass of water and an apple. LOL

Elva
  • I love them all!
    Frogs, I will really remember that, and of course when i say im going to go eat my frog I will have people's attention for sure...lol Thanks Ilene

And Jeans and Bras shouldn't meet in the middle? Well i guess I need to get out of that fashion style.
  • Yay Elva.... good choice of coming to 3FC rather than binging!!!
  • I like this one...

"You have to be the change you want to see in the world." - Ghandi
  • One of my favs is:'

"Winners are too busy to be sad, too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated." - Darryl Campbell
  • I don't know who wrote this...

"Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat."
  • I hate discipline, but I love results - Jack La Lanne
  • I have a couple:
    "Knowledge without effort is Useless"
    "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
    and from our very own 3fc LindaT
    "I don’t like it [exercise] much either some days, but it’s just another daily task in self maintenance…
    like brushing my teeth, combing my hair… taking a shower." —LindaT
    Not that I listen to any of them when high fat - refined carbs are calling my name! :-(
  • Quotes Theat Inspire- Not from Members
    It's never too late—in fiction or in life—
    to revise.

~Nancy Thayer

No action is more fascinating that the
    action of self-transformation. Nothing on
    earth can compare with its drama or its
    value.

~Vernon Howard

I will not die an unlived life.
    I will not live in fear
    of falling or catching fire.
    I choose to inhabit my days,
    to allow my living to open me,
    to make me less afraid,
    more accessible,
    to loosen my heart
    until it becomes a wing,
    a torch, a promise.
    I choose to risk my significance,
    to live so that which came to me as seed
    goes to the next as blossom,
    and that which came to me as blossom,
    goes on as fruit.

~Dawna Markova

When you're stuck in a spiral,
    to change all aspects of the spin
    you only need to change one thing.

~Christina Baldwin

The future is purchased by the present.

~Samuel Johns
  • Not from members either
    "The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like an eggs and ham breakfast. The chicken was "involved" - the pig was committed." - Unknown

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" - Seneca

"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Any idiot can face a crisis. It's this day to day living that wears you out" - Chekhov

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage" - Thucydides

Enjoy
  • "You are but a traveler on a cosmic journey. You have stopped for a moment to encounter others, to meet, to love, to share. Your life is a little parenthesis in eternity."

"Begin taking action now, while being neurotic or imperfect, or a procrastinator or unhealthy or lazy or any other label by which you inaccurately describe yourself. Go ahead and be the best imperfect person you can be and get started on those things you want to accomplish before you die."

cheers,
    elizabeth