LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006

You're on Page 9 of 102
Go to
  • Star, try taking the apostrophe out of your file name on your picture. I've had that problem on other servers before.
  • I got an invitation in the mail for my 11 year high school reunion. The ten year didn't happen for some reason. Anyway, it is 2 weeks before my goal date! This is such good news, because I will be lookin' tiny by then! I am feeling so determined this week, I feel like nothing can hold me back!

Shennie- Sorry DX was so rude.

Sy- Can't believe I am saying this, but I hope you are right. Biz has been really slow the last couple of months, and I am really feeling ready for some work, and some challenges! Not to mention the money!
  • I think with the brownie and cookie recipes you could try freezing them. This way you only thaw out what you would be allowed to eat that day.
  • Morning Chicks....
    Got up early - did 30 minutes on x-bike, ab tape and bun and thigh roller tape - oh-rah.....When I go to the foot doctor tomorrow I'm gonna ask if I can go back to Jazzercise.. I will take it easy ofcourse. I think he will say yes becuz he is a sports doctor.....
    Good to be back on plan. DH cooked chicken, beans and salad for dinner. We actually weighed the chicken - that is a good sign for me....
    Those brownies sound to die for.....Problem - I could not have them in the house without over-doing it. I have the same problem with Cool Whip, chocholate syrup, etc. I just can't have certain things in the house and be 100% POP. Atleast I know the enemy.....lol
    Shennie - Sorry about your sons dad. I think a agree with Karen, maybe DS should have given the jacket to his dad. I know that situation is hard and I'm sure you know best.
    Barb - About getting your water in, what I do is drink half in the morning at work and half in the afternoon. Then at night I don't have to worry about it.
    You'll get use to it and it will just become another good habit. (I'm working on reestablishing that good habit right now too)...
    Julie - My motorcycle is at our up north place right now. We store them up there for the winter. By the time I can try to sell it again I will owe very little on it and may as well just keep it. I guess I'm not real sure right now....
    Sy and Karen - thanks for the info on my profile picture. Actually I need a new one, it's just that my scanner at work isn't working right now. I'd love to post one of me and DH taken at Christmas (so you can all see DH and my braces...lol).
    Julie - you are right, January is always the time when everyone is starting diets - that's why this board is working overtime right now. Give it a month or two and things will be back to normal..
    Talk to you later..............
  • Sy, deets, heather, star ~ thanks for the advice. I planned on calling and being nice but I got voicemail and all of a sudden I started to say thing I didn’t plan on so I did sink to his level.

Karen~ I didn’t really look at it like that and I do recall being jealous some time ago when another lady he was dating was taking DS out a lot, so I can partly understand, but DS is with his DGP’s not his father so the jacket is still under my tree, they haven’t exchanged gifts yet. This all came from a conversation that he had with DS yesterday over the phone, without even talking to an adult to get a clear story of what was going on, and I can bet that he was talking to DS while he was playing his new video game and DS was just talking and things came out wrong. (I can’t even get a decent conversation with him since he got that video game) Maybe next time I will just have DS get him the little gifts he gets everyone else, but I was truly thinking that I was being nice by getting the more expensive gift. I really think he wants DBF and DS to have no contact and he believes it is possible because his wife has still NEVER met DS (long story, but she always “visits” her family when he comes over) but I think it was the fact that he left an angry obscene message that got me upset. Maybe I will call in a week or so and discuss it with him. I really thought things would be easier with my relationship when he got married….thanks for always telling us the truth we need to hear, rather than want to hear…you’re a jewel.

Ann~ and good luck on you re-start

Fiona~ hope you have a better day than yesterday.

Heather~ for you for getting back into the gym

Star~ you are jumping in head first aren’t you…I want to be just like you when I grow up I don’t know if you buy individual sized meat or family packs, but I usually buy family packs and immediately pull them out and measure them in individualized bags for freezing so that I can only cook the size I need at one time. It keeps me from just cooking the extra 2 oz because it is there ( and then of course eating the extra 2 oz because it is there )
  • Shennie - I'm sure you were just mad becuz of his 'mean' meassage. You always have the best judgement - you need no advice from anyone. DS's dad is probably just upset he messed things up with you in the first place and really wants to be where your DBF is.......(wink)
    About jumping in head first, well you know I'm a big talker. I can talk diet and exercise with the best of them (even while laying on the sofa recovering, eating crap)...lol SO, it's best for me just actually 'DO' what I know I have to.
    Hope you sick chicks are feeling better, it's awful hard to be POP when you feel like POOP....
    Hugs...
  • Hey guys-

I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks and since I have dial-up at home-maneuvering around on the boards gets annoying, so . . .

Had a wonderful Xmas season-but indulged more than I planned and gained back about 5 lbs. I started back on program Sunday and have already lost 3.5 of them. Maybe I'll be back at my ticker weight by the weekend.

Glad to see everyone doing so well. And welcome to all the newbies!

Oh, and Star? I know what you mean about the Cool Whip-I ate about half a tub of frozen Cool Whip one evening. I will not be having it in the house again.

I discovered a new way to cook chx last night. I used to love to bake chx in cream of mushroon soup and serve it with rice, poatatoes, or stuffing. Anyway, I decided to try it with the LA Lite Cream of Chx soup packet. I mixed it up in about 1/2 the water and spread it over the chx and baked it. It made a delicious gravy and I served it all over brown rice and steamed some broccoli. Yummy! I'm definately making that again.
  • Juliemarie - Welcome back chick - have missed you!
    Sounds like you did okay over the holidays....congrats.
    That chicken/LA cream of mushroom soup/rice sounds awesome......I use to make that with pork chops too - soooooooooo easy.....
    About the Cool Whip - freeze it, pour chocolate on it and it's to die for......
    BUT - that was back in the day, not now....lol Hum, I think I HAVE to go eat my chocolate LA Lite right now - bye
  • Shennie, I'm sure everything will be fine when you explain it to him. Hopefully, you will get an apology for his behavior.
  • Good morning chickies!

I thought I was going to be up on the scale this morning because of the salt the past couple of days but suprise suprise suprise I was down .4 for a total of 11.6 since december 20th!!
  • Hello Chickies....and Good Morning to you all...Going to the COD to WI so....anyways...I woke up this morning made myself a banana shake=1 Banana,8oz. Milk and 3 splenda packets! Then went to get water for my fish came back did the easy steps, sit-ups for about 15 minutes, stretching for 10 and lifting weights for 20 minutes...so it's been crazy trying to loose some before i go to COD in a bit lol...Hey you guys I have a question and I don't wantto gross ya'll out but is your urine suppose to be really yellow everytime you pee? Could it be the supplements??? I'm taking the Vitamax, Calcium tab, and the fatty acids? Is that why??? Anyways....well be back later when i get out of work to tell you all how it went ugh............

• moneek~ it's the vitamins. i think B3 does it...the first time it happened to me it was like a bright glow in the dark yellow, scared the heck out of me

Star ~ you go girl...get some extra exercise in for me.

I was so tired last night I overslept this morning and didn't bring lunch or have a decent breakfast...subway it is for lunch.
  • Moneek

It is entirely normal for urine to change color when you take vitamins.

I hope your visit to the COD is a good one!
  • 1st day weigh in
    Just got home from day 1 of weigh in. A little disappointing but hoping that this will keep me on track. Looking forward to this group helping me. I feel addicted to the site already. Thanks
    Ann

• Hello there ladies....
    Well, I just re-joined over the weekend- Did TO on Sunday and Monday...and I'm going to WI tonight for the first time. I'm really nervous. Been following the plan to a T so.......I'm keepin my fingers crossed. I'm feeling really bloated- it's the 64oz of water that I have to get used to drinking again. Any tips on getting rid of that bloated and constant full feeling???