Valentine Vixen Challenge

You're on Page 9 of 16
Go to
  • Hi Ladies -

I finally got around to buying the Ketostix and I'm happy to say I'm in ketosis (moderate).

I made the cheeseburger soup last night with the heavy cream, but minus the celery stalk. I liked it just fine - it was very rich and filling, but I can see where it might be too "heavy". I was so sick and tired of salads that a tummy full of warm rich soup really hit the spot. I do think I will try it with the chicken broth and half & half next time as the carb count for the whole recipe was almost 32, with a little over 3 in fiber. I divided the batch into three servings - I just think almost 10 carbs for a bowl of soup is a little much if it's something I might eat every day (and I just might!).

Today's plan:
    B: Slimfast Low Carb Shake
    L: Cheeseburger soup
    D: not sure yet

Exercise: One hour of cardio and machines at Y
  • Yup, it is alot of carbs for a little cup of soup, but I find it fills me up so much that its worth it. Because I dont eat anything at all until the next meal, and even then I dont eat much of it. Its kinda like a magic soup for me

Today's plan

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
    Lunch~ spinach quiche
    Supper~ chicken (again) and a veggie...or maybe ceasar salad
  • I'm gonna have to find that recipe, I see everyone talking about it and it sounds scrumptious!

breakfast: bacon and eggs
    lunch: omelette with the works
    supper: shake
  • Hmm, guess I'll start posting my food here too Hi everyone!!

Breakfast:

AA strawberry shake
    snack: 1 colby jack cheese stick, 2 turkey bacon- 1/4 cup green grapes
    lunch- chicken blt salad
    dinner- cube steak, green beans, salad
    snack- beef and broccoli

hmm shoulda had more dairy today.....darn nap screwed me up I missed my after-lunch-before-dinner snack, which is usually another dairy serving.

Vitamins and 100 oz water down the tube!
  • looks like you're doing good Randi!!

Today's plan

Lunch~ broccoli quiche
    Supper~ chicken breast with a dijon sauce and broccoli
  • Ok, I'm joining this challenge. I want to lose at least 5 more pounds by Groundhog's Day, and then another 4 before Valentines day. That makes a total of 9. I don't think it will be impossible.
  • Ok, so my math's no good! LOL. I guess I added a couple of pounds there to make a nice round figure!
  • had some unplanned marshmallows, and petzels last night....would be alright if it was just a serving size, but it wasnt

Back to it today

Lunch~ tuna melt w/cucumbers
    Supper~ NOT CHICKEN! I havent a clue, but it wont be chicken!!
  • Well Friday was my weigh in day: 210- down 3lbs!!!! But I totally cheated on my diet Friday evening and yesterday was not so good either. I am going to good today though!! I am in control. I am on my way to go exercise right now!!

Sometimes this is soooo hard, but well worth it!!!

Valentines goal:

Started WW June1 '05

November goal:

I added a November goal because that is when our friends (my hubby's and mine) do a "friends Thanksgiving" and a couple of our "friends" are not so nice about my weight gain, so I would like to shut them up and feel good!!!

1 jiggy for every 5lbs. lost!!!!
  • Sokay Amber, you and me both! I was out all day yesterday and didn't plan my eating accordingly. I kept waiting and waiting to get somewhere and by the time I finally got to eat 8 hours later there was nothing OP anywhere! So yeah, I bombed.

Oh well, I'm prepared. I bought some Atkins bars to keep in the car in case such a day arrives again

On to a new day, at least I didn't get completely sick - although it wasn't too pleasant If that's not a reinforcer for this way of life though, I don't know what is!
  • Quote: Sokay Amber, you and me both! I was out all day yesterday and didn't plan my eating accordingly. I kept waiting and waiting to get somewhere and by the time I finally got to eat 8 hours later there was nothing OP anywhere! So yeah, I bombed.

Oh well, I'm prepared. I bought some Atkins bars to keep in the car in case such a day arrives again

On to a new day, at least I didn't get completely sick - although it wasn't too pleasant If that's not a reinforcer for this way of life though, I don't know what is!
    for the support! Just gotta keep on getting back up and doing better the next day. I totally paid for cheating though!!! I was soooo sick this morning! Just gotta remember that the next time I want to eat junk!! I'm feeling better now though, and I have been good all day! Well,
  • This weekend was horrible and I'm starting induction again today. Here's hoping for a better week and weekend.

B:Low Carb Special K
    L:Low Carb Special K
    Saco Skillet burgers on a bed of lettuce
    Water:at least 64ozs.
    Exercise:15 minutes on the bike, 1/2 hour of aerobics/dance, 25 reverse stomach curls and possibly Body Flex workout
  • Good Morning!

Do any of you play games with your scales? A freind of mine told me that you always weigh less after you take a shower. Just for fun, I tried it. My regular waking up weight was 172.5 (which made me mad as I've been good and that reflected a half pound gain over yesterday). After I took my shower and blow dried my hair, I was 171. I moved that scale all over the bathroom floor just in case it was sitting funny on the tile. I weighed 171 five times in a row with no other weight appearing. I'm taking the 171!

Just concluded 14 days of induction with a total 8 pound loss. I could do a lot better with the water intake. The only "cheat" was one Michelob Ultra with dinner Friday Night.

I'm in a high level of ketosis, so I must be doing ok. Was hoping for more than 8 pounds in 2 weeks, but I'm still happy.
  • Never heard of that Morgaine!!! Pretty cool tho! Congrats on the 8lbs Great Job!!

Todays plan

Lunch~ rest of yesterday's tuna, 1oz cheddar and another protein/fibre shake
    Supper~ chicken ceasar salad

Snacks 1 oz cheese 1 cup broccoli or beans
  • Totally not the brightest bulb
    LOL So I am wondering this Valentine's Vixen Challenge how do I do this?? Do I just pick a weight I hope to be to by that date?? Or is there more goals to come up with.. just curious I definately work "better" when I have a deadline so this will help me.. like right now we are going to Disney in April so I would LOVE to be to my goal weight by the... but having smaller goals would be awesome to.. even though Feb 14th is a little less than a month away I would love to see how close I would get to a picked goal.. thanks for any information