When is the best time to weigh in?

• When is the best time of day to weigh in?
  • I prefer to weigh in every day in the morning. Thats just me though, I've read, and heard it's better to weigh once a week, which is how most organized weightloss/life style change programs do it.... Guess it's up to your personal preference.....

nobia
  • Well I do it in the morning which is when I get the lowest number (before eating anything).

Once you are at a healthy weight it's best to weigh in every day and if you gain, just watch what you eat that day/next day.
  • As long as you weigh about the same time every time, what difference does it make? We're interested in how much it changes. My meeting is at night and I eat my dinner before I go. I've always done this. I know a lot of people go to extremes not eating or drinking, wearing light clothes. Get real!
  • I agree...the important thing is to weigh at about the same time of day and if possible with the same amount of clothing on or off.... What you are really looking for is the weight to go down, regardless of when you step on that scale! I weigh every Monday at noon (at a ww mtg) and try to wear something close to the same thing and eat and drink the same amount before the meeting!
  • It doesn't matter when you weigh in as long as it is the same time of day and you're wearing relatively similar clothing as the past week. If you weigh yourself at home, do it naked... easier to keep track.

Erm, and this part is a little , but when you weigh in and have a suprising gain consider whether you have had a "movement" that day.

Seriously, sometimes it makes a BIG difference.