New here....

• Hi, I am new here, I plan to start my diet at the beginning of the year, not a New Years resolution, just my resolution to my self... I am tired of being heavyish and want to be slimmer.. any help I can get the better.. about 6 yrs ago I was about 155-160, I felt okay then, but want to reach 130-140 I am only 5'2". So any advice and help would be so welcomed..
  • Welcome to 3FC! You'll find tons of useful information in these forums if take the time to read through some of the stickies and older threads that are here. Also, you can go to various blogs and websites that other members have to see what is working for them. This is a very supportive, nice community, and I hope you find us useful in your quest to get to your goals!
  • Hello again, codiie, I read your other post. Sounds like you are trying to get started. Well, there are many many food plans out there to choose from. The important thing for me has been coming up with a plan that keeps me within a certain calorie range (for me it's around 1200--I don't lose at 1500--but everyone is different), that doesn't have too many carbs or fats, has variety so I don't get sick of it, and is easy. Because I'll probably have to watch my food intake the rest of my life, my food plan needs to be manageable. Also, I have an exercise plan. It's not high exertion 'cause that's not going to work--but it is daily, regular exercise. So, there are some ideas for things to look into. Good luck!

Jay