LA WeightLoss #30

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • hi everyone
    i'm losing it i'm sorry it costed me 364.00 for me and they said i could do payments of 35 every 2 weeks untill paid up. this is in nj.

well i gained 1 lb but i lost 5 inches in 4 weeks so now i don't feel so bad. i'm still battling the same 1 or 2 lbs myself. they told me to keep what i'm doing it will come off so i guess i will.
    talk to you all later
  • Losing it, I am really sorry about your visit to LA WL! I wish that they had worked with you. I bet if you called the manager she would try and work out a payment plan with you. I can understand though why you might be put out with them and just say forget it. I had 51 pounds to lose and it cost 362.00. I paid 150.00 the first day and then 2 weeks later I just put the rest on a credit card. I didn't have the cash and they kept saying just put it on a credit card so i did to get them off of my back! Anyway i am sorry it did not work out for you. Maybe you can save for a couple of weeks and then go back.
    Dee, don't worry about the gain! Congrats on the inches lost!

Margaret, welcome back!! You can do this!! It is so hard when we get off track, but just know that you can get back on it!

Janie, I keep mine in my purse as well...that way I won't forget it. Although I am really bad about not writing down everything that I have eaten especially if I get off plan. I know that this is just hurting myself.
    Talk to y'all later!!!
    Marcie
  • LA Express
    Hi All,
    I wanted to know if anyone has tryed the Express days?
    You subtract 1 veg, 2 bread, 2 fruit and add one lalite bar.
    You do this 2 days a week, and it is suppose to make you lose faster.
    I just found out about it yesterday.
    I will let you know how it works. Today is day one.
    Oh I forgot you also add a protein on the list they give you that has different proteins that is not on the regular protein plan.
    Sharon
  • new restaurant exchange list
    Yesterday my Mom got a new eating out exchange list. I have to ask if they got them in my center and you may want to ask at your centers if you have not got any yet.
    Sharon
  • Hey everyone!

Well just as I had thought, my eating off the plan caught up with me. I weighed in today and was up 1 pound. I am not surprised, just disapointed in myself. I had worked so hard to lose and now back up I go. This is just a minor set back though, I am back on track today and raring to go. They did tell me that I was 4 pounds behind where I should be. I should have lost 14 pounds by now, so I have some catching up to do really quick! I don't want to have to pay more money in the long run. They have my goal weight at 145, which I would love to get there, but I am not sure how realistic that is for me. My body is so weird. I have a lot of muscle and I have always weighed heavy. I weighed 135 pounds and wore a size 4/6 and I am 5'6. I was very unhealthy at that weight and had a severe eating disorder. This was obviously 5 years ago. Maybe I am just lieing to myself. Maybe I have just been making excuses for so long that I don't really know the truth anymore. I would love to be 145 pounds and I will keep going till I get there. I know I can do it. Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I feel so much better now!!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
    Marcie
  • Hi Guys
    GOOD NEWS----I lost 2 pounds since the other day!!!!!! I stayed pretty much on track and, I guess it worked!!!!
    I am in the middle of making my husbands dinner--I would love to write some more---but I have to go.
    Will write more in a few days
    Good Luck to everyone.
    Take Care
    Margaret
  • Happy Friday!!!
    Great job Margaret!! Keep up the good work!!

Marcie
  • Express Day
    Hi
    Got through my first Express day.
    Not bad if you chart it out to know what you are going to eat the whole day.
    Weighed in this morning and lost 4 1/4 pounds for a total of 43 3/4 pounds in 15 weeks.
    I am so excited. Maybe I will do express days 2 times a week.
    You get an extra bar in place of some of the things that are taken away
    Janie,
    I know it feels good to be back on track. Good Luck.
    Karen M,
    You can get it back off. I know at my center they tell us not to eat the frozen meals because of the salt. I have had only one frozen pizza meal since I started and when I had it I gain 1/2 pound the next day, even thought I was on program.
    They also tell us at my center not to eat beef unless absolutely necessary. So I stick to poultry, veggie burgers and veggie hot dogs and fish.
    Karen W,
    Good luck on your loss. HOpe you have a good time on your vacation.
    DeeDee,
    All will come off in time. This program is great. It really works if you work it.
    Just stay positive.
    Sharon
  • New to LAWL
    HI! I just signed up at LA Weight Loss yesterday, and I start Jet Start tommorow. I'm drinking as many Pepsi's as I can today, because for me I know that will be the hardest thing to give up. I'm SOOOOO happy to have found this board!! You guys are so supportive of one another. I have to tell you, I'm scared, and excited. I don't know if I can do this...it's my first foray into a weight loss progam.....am I destined to fail? Yesterday at my consultation I weighed in at 232 1-2.......I put 180 as my goal, but I would like to lose more then that.......I'm just afraid to reach to high, does that make sense? My husband tells me not to be so negative, that he knows I can do it, and I will do it. It's great to have a supportive spouse, but now I'm afraid of letting him down. He tells me that doing something about my weight for ME (I've tried before, but for the wrong reasons) tells him that I'm heading in the right direction. With my last baby I had a horrible bout of Post Partum Depression and I still have my "blue" days, but I feel like I'm coming out of that fog. (stopped taking my meds two months ago, and doing MUCH better)And I feel like I'm ready to make a serious change. I LOVE my carbs, so I know that this is going to be difficult, but I think it's time to make a change in my eating habits. I was the picky kid whose mom NEVER made them eat what they didn't like, and now I'm a picky adult. I love that this board exists, and i look forward to getting to know you all!
  • Welcome Sue!!
    Hi Sue!
    Welcome! Congrats on taking your first step to losing weight! I had tried everything trying to lose and I am just so thankful that I found LA WL! This program is wonderful! I have only lost 10 pounds but that is already a huge accomplishment for me. All of the people here have been successful with LA WL. You can do it, I am not saying that it won't be hard at times, but so far it has been fairly easy to change my eating habits. I am a lot like you and am very picky. The only veggies I really eat is lettuce, green beans and carrots. I eat pretty much the same thing every day! Your husband is right, you must do this for yourself! You can do it and you will! Again welcome and good luck!

Marcie
  • do you have room for another newbie?
    Hi to all!! My name is Chrissy and I just joined LAWL today. I am so nervous about this. I think I've tried every diet known to man thus far. I have ALOT of weight to lose. A WHOPPING 150 pounds!! I hate to even think about it. The one counselor that's going to be helping me, I met her today, has lost 120 so I know it's possible and I see the success that you gals are having and truely I have been inspired to join!!

My latest attempt at weight loss was the Atkins diet. I was successful but I get carried away and got back into eating the carbs and of course gained all of my weight back. It was all my fault because I went off the plan. I had the hardest time staying away from carbs and not all of them where what I would call "bad carbs" some of my favorite foods are fruit especially this time of year and I hate missing out on something that's good for me. I've tried WW too. I liked it but I think it gave me a little too much freedom and if I had a bad week then I would'nt go into get weighed and that would just snow ball on me and before I knew it I wouldnt be a current member and would have to go and "re-join". I could tell you more of my weight loss journey but I dont think I have enough time........plus it get ugly

I start Monday and I'll let you guys know how I do then. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Best wishes :
  • Welcome Chrissy!!

You can do it!! Just take it one day at a time! I too did the Atkins diet last and just couldn't stick with it. I truly believe that LA WL is a plan I can do for life! You have to believe that. With Atkins I knew deep down that I could never live the rest of my life like that. This is it for me, when I lose my weight I don't ever ever want to go back. I made a promise to myself that this is it. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing!

Marcie
  • LA Weightloss #31
    Hey girls,
    starting a new one ! See ya at LA Weightloss 31!
    Janie