Slimmin SAHMmies 2!!!!!!!!

You're on Page 4 of 37
Go to
  • I definitely admire all of you that are doing to couch to 5k plan. I have grown to love exercise but one thing I will never grow to love is running. I only run when chased and even then sometimes I don't run. I hate running, I much prefer walking. So I am looking forward to the warmer weather again so I can start walking.
  • Hello, Slimmin' Sahmmies! I am back. I am taking it easy for another week. I've been peeking in at ya'll. I haven't felt like posting, sorry! Thanks for all of the hugs & support.

Amanda - Are you any better? Get well soon!

Alisha - How you doin'? I hope great!!! Ya'll gettin' any ice?

Julie - Thanks! I wish my hubby could find that red rasberyy tea leaf, but send a man to do a woman's job... Just kidding! I hope to get out tomorrow or Sunday - I'll look for it then. It sounds good. I am so happy that your knees are feeling better! Back on the couch to 5k, !!!

Cindy - I love Seinfeld!!! I still watch all of the reruns when I can. I hope all is well with you and your family! how's the exercise & eating going?

I bet I've gained a couple of pounds. I've had to drink juice & lots of liquids. I am a fluid balloon!!! I have never been so ready to get back into my routine. I hope to find the Tae Bo tape. Sounds like fun!!! Talk to all of you soon!!

carafre
  • Couch to 5k -not for me. I think. I don't know if it is anything I could accomplish with my RA or not. I haven't had any major swelling or flare ups but I think it may be too hard on my joints. I'll have to check it out I suppose.

Carafre-Nice to hear your feeling better. What were you down with anyhow?

Anybody watching Bruce Almighty? It's on tv. Not much stuff going on here, right? That'st my life. I'm going to do Pilates with my sister in the morning and we're going to get a little Christmas shopping done after that.

Well ladies, I am outta here. I have some presents to wrap. THey have taken over my sewing room and I need to get my space back. See ya in the morning.

~chris
  • I have bronchitis. Mix that with 4 hours of sleep a night and that's me.

carafre
  • I don't do well on 4 hours of sleep, sick or not. lol

I got through Week 3 Day 1 of couch-to-5K and really enjoyed it. I took my pace way down and it was a lot easier then I expected. I'll work on speed later. Right now a speed walker would beat me in a race. lol

I jogged for 3 minutes straight. How cool is that? I haven't run for that long without passing out in years.
  • Julie - That's great!! I would pass out if I ran for three minutes!!! That's great! Keep up!!!

carafre
  • Congrats Julie!!!
  • Carafre-I'm sorry to hear about the bronchitis. YUCK! I know you must be miserable. I remember when I had pneumonia a couple years ago. Man, I felt so awful. Did you get some antibiotics or anything? Chicken soup.... ?????
    Four hours of sleep ain't enough. You get some rest girl.

Julie-Congrats! I remember the first time I jogged on my sister's treadmill and lasted a little over 3 minutes. I was so shocked and it felt soooo good. I know I wouldn't last that long now. I haven't really been exercising much at all. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yep - I did get antibiotics but I think something else is going on (lack of sleep?) but my fever is back. I honestly believe that if I could sleep a full eight hours one night, I would start to get better. Tomorrow night, hubby is off work so he will have the night shift w/ the kids. We'll see. I guess I'll try sleeping upright. I've never had this or pneumonia. Thanks for the well wishes. I am almost over my limit of how much I can take. I would cry but it causes me to hack even worse.

Didn't mean to go off on a pitty party there - hope ya'll are WELL!!!

carafre
  • Good Morning Mommies!!
    Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing, i am sorry i have been MIA for the last couple of days....i have been feeling kinda down...missing my family and a little sick.....sore throat, tired, achy....all that great stuff...i really hope i don't get chat Cara has, or what i had a couple of weeks ago. So needless to say i have not excercised in a couple of days which sucks!! But i am happy to report that i have not gained this week! So i guess thats good, i would of liked to see a loss but i will take what i get, ANYTHING is better thana gain!! You know?

Cara: You poor thing!! Take care of yourself, and TAKE IT EASY!! Don't worry you will be back to your oldself in no time And as far as the ice goes, no we don't really have any here...a few roads have had some ice on them, but nothing much, how are things down your way?

Julie: You go girl on making it week 3! I wish i could make it past week one...everytime i think i am going to finish, i get sick, or something happens! But i was really proud of myself, the 1st time i got up to run, i got so winded...and tired! But on Tuesday i did it SOooooo easy!! So thats good! Hopefully this week, i CAN FINISH week 1!!!! I am glad to here that your knee is better! Good luck with loosing!

Cynthia: How are you doing? That sucks you are in the hotel again, i bet your sick of HOTELS

Chris: Bruce Almighty, is GREAT movie, i didn't watch it when it was on TV but i have the DVD and i really like it!! I like Jim Carey, he is soooo funny!!

Tea: Some people like to run, some don't...i am not a HUGE fan of it, but it really helps with the weight loss and getting into shape!! But hey you do ENOUGH excercise....

Amanda: ICE?? Ughhh thats gotta suck! I hope you get to feeling better soon!! I think we all need to spray this board down with LYSOL....it seems like whatever is going around is just bieng passed around through all of us!! ...lol Feel better sweetie!!

Well ladies i am going to jump off here gotta get my house cleaned, it is SUCH a mess!! I wish i had a housekeeper....oh wait i am the housekeeper...oh well...a girl can wish!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!! GOOD LUCK WITH WEIGHING IN!!

Hey is everyone done with there CHRISTMAS SHOPPING??

Alisha
  • Saturday Weigh in
    Alisha - I REALLY hope that you are not getting sick!! I now what you mean about feeling down. It the holidays. We are here for ya! Don't get sick, doll!!! Our weather here is just cold. We had some rain several days ago, but nothing major.

Do you guys still want to weigh on Sat.? I want to weigh in one day a week. It doesn't matter which one. I am at 199. I hope it's fluid weight! I will scream if I gained four pounds in a week & a half.

Well have a good day.

carafre
  • Carafre-If your fever continues, I would get back to the doctor. You poor honey. It is so hard to be sick and still have to be a mom. Gosh girl, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Alisha-You're kind of under the weather too, huh? I guess its that time of year. We own Bruce Almighty too. Jim is such an awesome actor. I wasn't too sure about it, but I watched A Series Of Unfortunate Events with the kids the other day and he is quite something else in that too. My oldest is now reading those books, and she actually likes them.

Today I have to take the girls to their dance performance at the nursing home. Then hopefully I can get some presents wrapped. I got some more shopping done last night so now I just have my parents to buy for, my hubby, my cousin, and my 2 brother in laws, and my sister in law. Of course I have to take the kids to go get their presents for their cousins, and Tiana needs to buy a couple extra things so for her dad and stepmom. I'm cutting it close this year.

My house is a disaster area, so I suppose I should start getting some stuff done. check back in a bit.

~chris
  • Hello
    Hey just a quick pop in!

Cara: with all the fluids you have been having to drink i am sure that t is water weight..don't stress it honey!! I think it is a good idea to have a one day for a wiegh in day.....whatever day everyone else wants is fine with me. I like saturdays.....Maybe we should do mondays....that way its like a start of a fresh week.....you know, i don't know...whatever you guys want

Chris: Do you want to see the new movie "Dick and Jane" i do, i totally think it looks really funny. To be honest i was not crazy about A series of.....i don't think it was one of his best.

Well ladies i hope everyone is continueing to have a great day! TAKE CARE!!

Alisha
  • Hey Ladies! I've missed you! I'm finally back in Atlanta and we're gone from Tennessee for good. We'll close on our house on Monday and the movers will be there Tuesday. We won't have internet access until the cable guy comes on Wednesday, but then we'll finally be in and this whole nightmare will be over. Guess what: the *&%^$ people who were supposed to buy the house backed out on Friday, the day of closing! We still got our buy-out money from the relocation company, but a reduced amount. So I'm absolutely furious and can hardly think straight. I'd just rather forget about the whole thing.

Anyway, I know my problems aren't all that interesting to you, I just wanted to vent and explain why I've been MIA. I hope all of you are doing well, especially those of you that are sick.

Carafre, PLEASE get some more sleep! Sleep is so important to your health, you'll be amazed by how much better you'll feel. You're right, sleeping upright may help (do you have a recliner?).

Julie: Woo-hoo on running! I think I'll look into the C2K after the first of the year.

I can't wait to move in and get back on my treadmill. I will start exercising no later than Monday the 26th, and you can all hold me to that. I'm soooo looking forward to losing weight again, instead of gaining. I've been so upset by this whole relocation thing lately that not only have I not been exercising but I've also been eating the worst junk food imaginable. The day after we move, we're going to a Yule party and will probably eat too much, so I'm planning on getting back into healthy eating habits again starting Thursday the 22nd.

Chris: How did the dance performance go today? What kind of dancing do your daughters do?

Alisha: Yes, I'm sick of hotels! I agree with you about the Lysol on this board, ha! I guess it's just that time of the year. Yes, my Christmas shopping is done except for the stocking stuffers for the kids (I always wait til the last minute for those things, for some reason).

Hi Amanda and Tracey and everyone else!

Okay, I've finished my novel. I'll talk to you guys later!

Cindy
  • Alisha - You and I both are sick. I caught it from my little munchkin who caught it from my brother. I have been so out of it and haven't exercised since Wednesday. Then to make matters worse, I got my period today and I am fully expecting to feel like total crap tomorrow.

Chris - I hope you are able to get some gifts wrapped today. Just one week left!

Cindy - Sorry to hear that things didn't go as well as expected with selling your house.

Like I said, I haven't been feeling well. I hate being sick. I feel so miserable. But it's that time of the year and everyone I speak to seems to be sick. Even one of my kitties is sneezing. I hope to back in the swing of things come Monday.