~~ Thin Wannabees Chit-Chat #8 ~~

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
  • OK girls - post away! Let's have a "gabby" week!

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE LAST POSTS FROM #7 ....

Love, CJ
  • Hi, I'm new here! I'm Mel, I just joined up in the holiday goals as well. man , do I need help!
    A little info on me:
    I'm 23, I live in WI, married for alomost 1 year, I have a 5 month old son and I NEED to lose 40 lbs!!!! (ok, I needed to 20 b4 I got preggo, so . . .)
    You all sound like a great group of ladies and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Mel - congrats on your new baby! My youngest is 4 and it's amazing how quickly I forgot how difficult it was taking care of such a little one. At the moment I take care of an 8month old a few hours every day (have had her since she was 5 months old) & let me just say, she has totally cured me of ever wanting another one .

Good morning CJ and the rest of you Wannabees! Hope everyone has a great day. I've had a chest cold myself since Friday that I've been trying to ignore & fight off (makes exercising really difficult when you can't breathe!!). Yesterday morning woke up and it was more a head cold & by last night it moved back into my chest, lost my voice (which my 6 year old finds really funny - ha ha ha NOT ) & have a sore throat and bad cough. So, it won . Not exercising today - going to rest & take it easy and see if that helps. TTFN!
  • Just A Little Note
    Sorry I Have Not Posted In A Few Days I Have Been Very Busy Im Having Some Troubles With My 13 Year Old Daughter. But I Am Excercising And Started Drinking Water Water Water. So That Is A Good Thing I Am Thinking About Following The Ww Point System I Can Not Afford To Go To The Meetings Though I Have Been Copying Alot Of Stuff From A Friend. What Do You Guys Think?
    Any Input Would Be Great. Everyone Have A Great Day And Hello To All The Newbies Like Me Lol
  • Hope you are able to work things out with your daughter. 13 - that's a tough age! Good luck with WW - I've not personally tried it, but have friends who did & 1 swore by it, the other said it was a waste of money?!?! The only plan that works for me is Atkins so that's what I do - easy & free .
  • Hello there CJ, Stacie, Brandy! hope your all well!

Welcome to Mel, enjoy this place, look forward to getting to know you!

I am counting down till my holiday, it's about 36 hours till I head for the airport. I really need this break away. It's been a bad year but today I got some news I had waited for over the past 8 months, so finally I hope next year will be more positive.

I am too snowy Sweden for 5 days, I can't wait!
  • I have a 13yr old girl and a 8mo old girl, so I can surely relate..lol I am finally off my plateau and down a few more pounds! I am hoping, once again, to be able to make my New Years Goal...I will have to work really hard this coming month if I am going to do it, but you know it is only 1 month out of my life that I may have to not have a lot of goodies, but you know, eating all that JUNK is what got me here to begin with so I dont care. I actually dont like chocolate much anymore, so that helps. I do not really have any "weaknesses" I always thought chocolate was mine until 2 weeks ago when I broke down (in the middle of my plateau) and bought a candy bar, I took one bite and couldnt eat it, it was my favorite, but it was gross to me.
  • Weaknesses?? Mine is pizza. Homemade, take out . . . any kind of pizza! Even if I'm not hungry, I'll eat 2-4 slices! THAT is how I got to where I am now!
  • Where is everybody? Hello? hello?
    I had a bad-diet weekend! It was my 1st wedding anniversary and we went to a very fancy restaraunt and ordered like crazy people! The food was amazing! It was by far, the vest dinner I've had! I told my husband that if food could give you an orgasm, that chicken wellington I had deffinatly would have! So now, it's back to the grind of dieting!
  • One Day At A Time
    Im Sorry I Have Not Been On Lately But You Can Only Take It A Day At A Time And Hope For The Best. I Am Big On Not Telling Myself That I Am On A Diet Oh I Hate That Word If I Want A Little Butter Ill Have A Little Butter If I Want A Pepsi Im Gonna Have It Because If I Deprive Myself Now I Will Not Stay On Track To Where I Want To Be And That Is A Thinner Me For Sure. So Just Think Of It As I Wont Eat That Way Again For Awhile And Excercise That Is What Makes The Difference. If You Were Not Excercising Then I Would Be Afraid To Gain Just Keep The Excercise Going And Maybe Add A Few More Situps Or Walk A Little Further. Have A Great Tuesday And Keep Up Your Excitement.
  • Hi everyone! Sorry I've not been around much either. I've had so much going on here lately and ended up taking my computer in again! Hopefully this time the problem is resolved - I still have not hooked it up tho since I brought it home a couple days ago - still using my old computer. I'll probably take out some time out tomorrow and hook it up and go thru it and add some of my data back on. Today I am taking care of our bills for the month ...

Mel:
    Sounds like you had a very nice anniversary dinner ... don't worry about going off your plan over the weekend - as long as you get back on you'll be just fine. I've been a little off plan myself, not too bad, but I could do much better. So I am working a little harder at it this week ... I have to make a bunch of cookies for a cookie exchange this week so I hope I can stay out of them! I may have to "taste" one tho - just to make sure they are good. LOL

Brandy:
    I don't follow the WW but Sharon (sassy) does ... she would be a good person to help you on that line when she gets in here and posts. I know she'll give you a lot of help and tips. I think that is a good thing to let yourself have those little "pleasures" occasionally ... you are right - if you don't deprive yourself you have a better chance of staying on track. But, do come in and chat with us so we can get to know you better .. we don't always have to talk about "diet" ... Hope things are better now with your 13-yr old ... let me tell you - I've been there/done that! Lots of times - I have nine children! All grown now tho, but I remember "all those trying times" well...

Gonna be:
    Hope you're over that cold and feeling better now.

Mazarin:
    Hope you're having a great time on your holiday in Sweden!

GonnaLose:
    Glad to hear you are finally off your plateau! Keep up the good work and you'll be at your goal by the new year!

Well ??? Where are the rest of our group ... Sharon? Slyvia? Peggy? Janice? Sorry if I missed anyone ...

I'll check back later to see if anyone "snuck in the back door" ...

Love, CJ
  • Hi all. I'm down 1.5 this week and am shooting for dropping 2 or 3 pounds by next weigh-in. I'm trying really hard to change my thinking when it comes to food and our I view it. I don't want to have a diet mentality and not see this through. I've been going four weeks strong at this point which is the longest I've ever stuck with losing weight. Some days are definitely harder than others but I am getting there.
  • Well I think my plateau is still around, I was down 4lbs made it to my goal #2, but now I am up again to only 1lb less than my "plateau" weight. So I am flustered. I refuse to change my ticker since I know it is temporary but it still aggrivates me.
  • CJ: I have a cookie xchange tomorrow too, and try as I might those cookies have been lookin mighty fine! I only had two! But tomorrow I hope I don't go overboard at the party with all the goodies and cookies and candy . . . I need to be good! I'm weighing in tomorrow as well, hopefully kept those 2 lbs off and maybe lost a little more! Wish me luck all!!