I need accountability to get BACK on Track!

You're on Page 5 of 28
Go to
  • I've definitely found the group for me The more I read your posts, the more I see I'm not that abnormal in my thoughts and actions. Especially enjoyed the scale obsession, ha, there can't possibly be someone more obsessed with those stupid scales than me. Explain to me how I can get on the scales one day and the next morning I'm down 7 lbs!!! I know, everyone says it's water retention. But boy talk about depressing seeing the scales go up like that. I'm so horrible with the scales that for awhile I'd make my husband hide the scales, and then when he'd be off doing something else and I'd get the need to just know, I'd be tearing the house apart till I found them. Now that's obsessed

Miki I totally hear you about trying to lose and have the hubby not even try and weightloss We've been married 16 years and all the years I've know him, yep he's worn the same size and been within the same 10 lbs up/down. Soooo jealous here I hear you about your son and how cruel kids can be. My son is 8, soon to be 9 (1/10) and I just hate how he's taking after me, he's 4'6" and 115 lbs. I so badly didn't want him to live the same feelings of inadequacy because he doesn't fit the "perfect" world mold. I often question why couldn't he have taken after his dad who has never had a weight issue. He gets decent exercise,we have him in a swim club which requires two nights a week of hour long practices and they are constant back and forth doing laps. I got in that pool once and thought hey this doesn't look that hard, thought I can do this Well.....half way down one length (25 yrd) I was dead So it's definitely good exercise for him. He just eats too much, he eats like an adult and I just don't know how to lower his amounts as he's truly hungry, he doesn't do much snacking and we try not to keep bad stuff in the house that often. Unfortunately if it's there I can't just have a little, I've got to eat it until it's gone. Hope you're feeling better today.

Well, I've finished my first 32 oz cup and of course I've gotta run run run now and then back at it -- I'm at work.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Debbie
  • Well today was my weigh in day. And here is the good news. I am down 3 lbs. Yippee. I really didn't think I could do it when I started on this website a little over a week ago. Okay, does anyone know how to efficiently adjust the weight loss tracker so it doesn't change all of them throughout my posts? Is that possible? In other words, do you have to totally redo it everytime you want to update it? I would appreciate any help I could get with this. Thanks.

Welcome Allison, It sounds like you are off to a great start with excersice and all. I am 34 and I would tell anyone your age to start an excercise regime now and continue it for the rest of your life. And maybe you won't ever get fat like me. It sounds like diet will be an important part of your life too, with the health obstacles you have. Good thing you have your head on straight. Oh yeah, the nursing thing sounds great too, go for it.

Debbie, I am glad to hear you are getting motivated. I'm a water-retainer too and I think people like us should stick to our program and only look at the scale once a week. If you can do it, I can...

Hello to everyone else, hope your day is going great.

Emjay
  • Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone's day is going good so far! Mine's pretty good. I did alright today with the trying to eat healthier thing. For breakfast I had some Raisin Bran and a glass of milk, then for lunch I had a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, and for snacks I had an apple and an orange. I slipped up once and I ate some chocolate I am going to go the gym tomorrow after work. I didn't go today because the roads are pretty bad here. I will do the gazelle when I get home though.

Last night I ordered Leslie Sasones' walk away the Pounds dvd pack. I've heard some good things about it, and since I live in Wisconsin, and it is winter, It will be nice to be able to do some exercise in my own home.

Well I just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone! Hope you are all good!
  • Hi everybody!

Ok, our group is growing by leaps and bounds (which I love by the way), and I am having trouble keeping all the names straight. We have 2 Debbie's right? If ya'll dont mind, I am going to use the "user Id's" instead of real names so I can keep straight who said what and who I"m replying too. Is that ok?

That said....Welcome Sweetn'Crazy. I think it'll be great to have the input of someone younger than the rest of us. Sounds like you are much wiser than I ever was at your age. Stick with what you're learning now and you won't have the struggle the rest of us are having later in life. I promise you'll be glad you did. 160 lbs sounds like a good weight for your height. I am just under 5 ft 8 inches and my goal is to be around that or a little under. Way to go with your gym workouts and eating healthy! I know you must miss your boyfriend lots so until he's able to be home, you can always come visit with us.

Emjay, 3 lbs??!! Whooohoo! You did awesome for a Thanksgiving week! I'm so excited we actually did better than just "maintaining". Who woulda thought it? Oh, on the tracker thing, what I did was just went to where that first signature code was..ya know the one you used to make it in the first place? When you go back in there under "user cp" just choose "edit signature." Then on it, I just deleted that last number replacing it with my current weight. Then just be sure to save it. Didnt have to recopy and paste. It will change on all your posts at that time, though, past or present. I only know that because way back when I added this pic to mine, one day I went back in my old thread a few months to look something up from a previous post and there was a pic on it also. When I did my tracker, I noticed it was on the posts all the way back to the beginning of this thread also, not just the one from that day.

WannaB...I laughed so hard at your post. I've done the same thing having the scales hid...I've even tried to hide them from myself thinking if I put them out of sight, I'd leave them alone. Nope doesnt work. I understand what you're saying about your son getting exercise and still being overweight. I believe it has got to be partly genetics because my older son, Josh who is 2 yrs older than Luke, is also 5 ft 9 but only weighs 160. Ok, they have the same parents and I've never fed them different foods but one is slim and the other overweight...over 60 lbs difference between them. My husband's father is tall and slim exactly like Josh while his grandfather was built identical to Luke. Seems unfair huh?

How did everyone else's day go? Havent heard from WW, Shawna, Homemade, Cwbydeb or Yogini today yet.

I have one son sitting here waiting to use the net and the other waiting for the phone (we have dialup) so I guess I better go for now. I swear teenage boys are as bad as teenage girls

Talk again soon
    Miki
  • Hello all!

Emjay...congrats on the loss! Good job. Miki, I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets confused on the names easily. Until I get the hang of it, hope everyone is cool with me occasionally mis-spelling your name....I'll get it sooner or later. Yeah, it's okay to call me Wonder Woman, or WW for short. That's my real name anyway Just kidding.

Today was a busy day at work. Only got 1/2 my workout as I had to take the bus home today to speed up the process. I was only home for a couple of hours before I had to go back again. Yuck...I really hate going in at night for a project. I guess it's not too bad. There is a 3-hour minimum on overtime, and I only had to work for 35 minutes...but I still get paid for the entire 3 hours (mmmm.....christmas money).

I ate pretty well today. Also, tonight I tried a recipe for mini cranberry phyllo tarts from a Diabetic living magazine. (I'm not diabetic, but my mom is so I'm trying to learn some new treats for her). They are great, only 29 cals per tart with 0 fat. Okay...they are really small, but quite yummy. The only thing is I need to work on the phyllo dough part. It's kind of hard to get it to all stick together properly. Oh well, practice makes perfect!

Anyways...I am going to go surf around a bit more. Talk to you all later!
  • May I join you, ladies? I am 47 and a returning 3fc. I'd lost 44 lbs earlier this year, but after weighing last night, I discovered that about 18 of them found me since August. So I'm back, because the accountability and encouragement of 3fc makes a huge difference for my efforts.

I am diabetic and have long had a thyroid condition. Learning that my little bro also now is facing diabetes sort of made me put my head back on regarding the carelessness of my own eating habits. I can't afford to put my head in the sand about my health (especially if it is really cocoa and sugar instead of sand).

I can do well if I exercise and stay COMPLETELY away from chocolate. It shouldn't be so hard, but it is. My DH has suggested that perhaps my absolute craving chocolate is from being allergic to it. Given how many other allergies I have, he may have a point.

I just got back from the gym where I did 32 minutes (204 cal ) on the treadmill. I like to listen to a praise tape while I walk. My eating plan includes eating every three hours to keep my blood glucose levels stable (ff yogurt or fruit between regular meals). That seems to keep away the diet headaches I'd struggled with so badly when I'd tried to diet before. I try for at least 1/2 gallon of water a day. I splurge once a week for a guilt free dinner out to keep myself from feeling deprived.

Thanks!
  • May I join you, ladies? I am 47 and a returning 3fc. I'd lost 44 lbs earlier this year, but after weighing last night, I discovered that about 18 of them found me since August. So I'm back, because the accountability and encouragement of 3fc makes a huge difference for my efforts.

I am diabetic and have long had a thyroid condition. Learning that my little bro also now is facing diabetes sort of made me put my head back on regarding the carelessness of my own eating habits. I can't afford to put my head in the sand about my health (especially if it is really cocoa and sugar instead of sand).

I can do well if I exercise and stay COMPLETELY away from chocolate. It shouldn't be so hard, but it is. My DH has suggested that perhaps my absolute craving chocolate is from being allergic to it. Given how many other allergies I have, he may have a point.

I just got back from the gym where I did 32 minutes (204 cal ) on the treadmill. I like to listen to a praise tape while I walk. My eating plan includes eating every three hours to keep my blood glucose levels stable (ff yogurt or fruit between regular meals). That seems to keep away the diet headaches I'd struggled with so badly when I'd tried to diet before. I try for at least 1/2 gallon of water a day. I splurge once a week for a guilt free dinner out to keep myself from feeling deprived.

Thanks!
  • Hello Everyone!!

How is everyone today?? I'm alright. I hope everyone else is doing good.

Thanks for the warm Miki ! I hope I can get some guidance from all of you. I just really want to get on the right track to be healthy. I am on my break at work right now and I am eating an apple. I don't really feel good today though, I have kind of a headache.

Well I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I hope you are all doing good! Also a big to Sea. I am also diabetic, so it will be nice to talk to you because I also have thyroid disease.

Well I will talk to you all tomorrow ~~ Have a good day!
  • Ok, I"m bent over and ready for it....somebody me that cyber kick I deserve I'm still at work, it's almost 7 pm...I've been here since 8 am once again with no lunch break. I'll be here probably at least another hour. Not that I'm really busy, just at the moment I'm having to wait for something to print that takes FOREVER and cant leave until I'm sure it finishes. Anyway, I had a banana and apple for breakfast and had my homeade vegetable soup again for lunch but that was before noon. My co-worker and I are starving soooo...she looks in the breakroom and all there was to eat was CAKE! Guess you know what happened next huh...yes we ate a piece of it. (in fact, to make matters worse, I just stopped typing for a second to finish the last bite ) But dont kick too hard ok? 7 hrs is a long time to wait to eat!

I hope everyone else has more will power than I have! Brenda and I are not good influences on each other. If one of us gives in, it's over. I'm only having salad when I get home tho...and not one full of cheese and ham either..I promise.

SEA....glad you joined us! I recently gained back half of what I had lost also so you'll definitely fit in here.

Well since I'm at work, I better end for now. Probably wont get a chance to post again once I"m home but I'll be back tomorrow.

Bye for now
    Miki
  • Miki,

I have that same EXACT problem! I have NO will power. If it's around me, I will probably end up eating it. That is what I'm really trying to work on! It feels like I am always hungry too.. weird huh? I hope I can do this.. I just really need some motivation.. I am trying though... Well I am at work at bored... but I suppose I should go process claims or something... Talk to ya'll later!
  • Okay Miki...there is your cyberkick! Well, it's only a tiny one because:
    A) you didn't eat all day and by then were probably pretty hungry...in those circumstances cake would have looked great to me too and B) you had a cheating buddy with you...that always makes cake go down easier, lol. Hey, forgive yourself, it was just one piece, and your calorie levels were probably pretty low to start with. Dang! I suck at this cyberkicking thing, lol.

I did pretty good today foodwise. My big cheat was some potato salad, but I did stop at one serving...I love potatos and can't say no to them (they are my cake...I must have them). I made steak for dinner, but kept it small. Also, I broiled it instead of frying. Did I drink my water? Heck no! Exercise was bad today, it was finally too cold for me to walk to work, so 60 minutes of potential exercise down the tube. I thought in my head I would do some work on the bike to make it up, but I didn't.

Welcome to the new ladies on this thread. As there are many diabetics here, I am wondering if anohne knows of any good Christmas baking recipes? I want to make some treats for my mom this christmas (she's a type 2). That's actually the #1 reason why I'm doing this weight loss thing...I really want to avoid diabetes, it's been such a challenge for my mom that it opened my eyes a bit (her mom had it too...and I was well on my way).

Well...talk to you all tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
  • I know I deserved it so....Thanks for that strict reprimand WW... Ok, there is a shower this morning at work for a co-worker getting married next week, but I am NOT going to eat any cake this time. I am having a veggie sub from Subway...already have it planned. Besides, I ate cake because it was all that was available..I would MUCH rather have potatoes like you. I prefer real food any day to sweets. Give me steak, fried chicken, slice of pizza or chip/dip or whatever instead of cakes and cookies any time.

When I got home last night, I had salad of lettuce, spinach, carrots, black olives, bacon bits and FF Cheese with FF Ranch dressing. Oh and some corn on the cob, no salt or butter added. Then later believe it or not, I actually did 30 min on my AirWalker. I honestly didnt think I could do it because I was really tired but I made it. All in all, I dont think the cake did too much harm. (this time...dont wanna make it a habit tho)

Sn'Crazy, we just have to stick together with the will power thing. If we start to eat we have to remember, "If I do, I will have to confess to the 'chicks' and possibly suffer one of WW's terrible cyber kicks." (thanks for not being too hard on me, WW ) Remember..Accountability!

Hope to hear from everyone else again soon. It's almost 7 and I havent made it to the shower yet and have to be at work by 8...it's a 15 min drive so I better get in a hurry. Everyone have a good day!

Miki
  • Hey, I took a shower and used deodorant too so why does it look like everyone has left me here all by myself???
    Strange coming and finding that noone has posted today but me..what's up with that??

Foodwise has been pretty good today. Havent exercised yet but about to. Have no excuse since I dont need to use the time replying to any new posts

Hope everyone had a good day! Check in soon..I miss everybody.

Miki
  • Hello! I am here with my fierce cyberkicking powers, lol.

Miki...you are a fellow potato lover! I eat them quite a bit, but find I have to be careful because they can easily get me in trouble. When I started a year ago, I had to cut potato chips down to a 0. It was the hardest sacrafice ever. It's like that commercial, "betcha can't eat just one"....well, no, I can't just eat one, I require the entire bag. A year later, I can dip my hand into the bowl without gorging...but it's still hard.

Posting late today. Got off work and had to drive across town to pick up a package. Once I got said package....I realized I forgot my purse at the office...so back across town we go. Eeep. Then, groceries, then make dinner, now it's relaxing time and it's almost 9:00!

I feel bad tonight too. A kid came to my door trying to sell a newspaper subscription. He started by giving me a free paper. Inside I'm rolling my eyes, but I figure he's a young boy, I'll let him give his speech. I politely decline the sales pitch. He presses on. I say no thanks..this time firmly. He wants to know why. I explain I buy my paper on the way to work and I don't need a subscription. He continues to hound. I hear 3 different prepared speeches from him on why I should buy a paper. The kid would not take no for an answer. Meanwhile, my cat is poking her head through trying to get out into the halll, my dinner in the oven is done & I need to get it out...and still this kid won't stop with the speeches or even listen when I say no. I really don't want a subscription...the paper will arrive at my door long after I leave for work, and it will get stolen to boot (I'm in an apartment building). Finally, frustrated...I just say "you know what? Here you go...", then I set the "free" newspaper on the floor, say goodbye & close the door. I wasn't mean, I didn't yell or anything, but I really had to go and I can only say no so many times. But...I'm racked with guilt. I closed the door on a kid! Okay, he wasn't in the door or anything, lol...but I feel bad that I couldn't make him understand my answer was final without having to take that kind of a step. This is probably the kids first job ever...I can't stop feeling racked with guilt for ending the conversation so abruptly.

Honestly though...the newpaper calls quite often, and it drives me crazy. Not to mention, I have one hundred million telemarketers constantly calling (Saturday mornings are the worst, I can get 6 calls from different companies in the space of one morning).

So...am I a bad person? I just can't take all these constant sales pitches!

Whew, this post is kind of long, so I'll end it here. Signing off...racked with guilt...
  • OMG! I just got on this site, LOGGED IN, typed my post (a lengthy one I may add), went to submit my reply and it said I was not logged in and took me to a spot to log in which I did but my post is nowhere to be found. Argh!

Now I am tired of typing and ready for bed. So in a nut shell:

Welcome back Sea, so glad to have you join us. We need all the help and support we can get. And hopefully we can support you too.

WW, I think you were far nicer to the saleskid than most people would have been, especially after a long day. Hopefully he learned a lesson from you and can spare himself a far more harsh experience with someone else.

Miki, No guilt about the cake yesterday. Guilt can be destructive when dieting. You are doing great!

Excersice for me today was line dance lessons. I tell you what, that works up a sweat.

Hope everyone else is doing fine.

Emjay