Week At A Time Challenge #20 - Please Join Us!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
    All that we have is right now.
    Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
  • Welcome to Week at a Time #20!
    Hi Ladies -

Here are last week's tallys for this week's leaders!

sandybhat - 2 days of goals met! and 1lb down! Enjoy your week off - we'll be thinking of you.

1of3wishes - 4 days of goals met!

Fishwoman - 4 days of goals met!

I started out the week with Goal #1 - Treadmill workout - only got in 15 minutes (my goal is at least 20 a day) but that is better than nothing at all!

How is everyone else doing as we start out the new week? Have a great day!

mscat-
    Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
  • Friday's steps
    Good Afternoon Ladies!

I waited until the new thread was opened to report Friday's steps. I logged 9,684! Nearly the 10,000 I've set as target for myself!

I wore my pedometer for half the day on Saturday and logged 4,067. Didn't wear it at all on Sunday.

I'm really hurting today and forgot my sunglasses, but have recorded 2,688 steps so far today.

So my goals for this week are to continue trying to acheive and maintain 10,000 steps and consuming 10 - .5ltr (89 oz.) bottles of water a day.

Thought I only needed to get 5 bottles in me so am a bit off ~ only 3 bottles so far, ugh! Better get to guzzling!!

Good luck on acheiving your goals for the week!

Deby
  • Hello, all!

I am going to do an exercise challenge this week. At least 30 minutes of activity each day. I haven't done anything yet today, but have a new yoga dvd waiting for me when I get home tonight.

Here's to the start of a great week!
  • I'm back on a challenge at last. (I had intended to keep dithering and ditzing for a while yet, but fate has intervened: I had completely forgotten that tonight was my first spinning class for the season, but a friend i was talking to complained that she would have to miss the class, and of course once I had been reminded...) Anyway, I survived my first one-hour session, and now have an incredibly sore butt. And tomorrow I expect my feet and legs to be pretty vocal. But I don't intend to give up. So the new challenge: at least 30 min exercise per day. Day 1 in the bag.
  • Monday Night Sign Off!
    Goin' to bed but I see some of us have been busy today!

Carla for Monday's goals!

1of3wishes for Monday's steps and for Friday and Saturday's goals from last week.

Fishwoman- great goals for the week - I hope you get your workout in tonight.

have a great night ladies.

mscat-
  • -Hi Everybody today was my first day at walk but tomorrow I will be making a bigger circle ( hopefully) did 30 mts of ex.
    I am very tired now..... so long girls
  • I'm embarrassed to announce my results from yesterday. Only 4,076 steps, but I did drink 5 - .5L bottles of water!

I'm embarrassed about that, too. I thought that that was more than enough water for the day. WHAT WAS I THINKING?????? Turns out it's only 44 1/2 oz.! So, I'm doubling up on my challenge; 10 - .5L bottles of water or 89 oz.

I'm working towards better numbers for tomorrow already!

Deby
  • Okay, I did not get my workout in last night I didn't even get home from work until 9:30 and then I had to eat something or I was going to faint. But I did not go crazy with dinner. I had a very light dinner and then went to bed.

I did get my exercise today though 20 minutes of weights, plus 21 minutes (2 miles) on the treadmill.
  • Hi! Everybody I am maintaing my wt right now since the holiday season is approaching there is too much temtation in the grocery store trying hard not to slip.
    my water intake has terribly gone down and I have started drinking milk instead of snacking, last night it was horrible I had this craving of popcorn and choclate mixed and for once I got up to satify this stupid craving then thought better and drank one cup of milk instead thank god I didn't gave in. Now off to ex.........
    so long girls.......
  • I did it!!! and more!!!

I walked 10,323 steps yesterday!

I'm such a goof with the water. 1 pint .9oz = .5L which equates to 16.9oz. I hope I have it straight this time. I chugged 10 bottles yesterday for a total of 169oz of water! What a dope! So my original challenge of 5 bottles was correct, that equaling 84.5 oz.

So keep me at 10,000 steps and swap me back to 5 - .5L bottles of water!

I'll get it right one of these days!

I'm a winner today!!!
  • I got in my 30 minutes of exercise today I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

1 of 3 wishes - I thought I drank a lot of water, but 169 oz.? You must have been back and forth to the ladies' room all day

Sandybhat - congratulations on drinking your milk rather than snacking! That popcorn/chocolate combo sure does sound good though!
  • Wednesday Sign off!
    Hi Ladies - it's great to hear from everyone - you all are doing so great. I got on the treadmill Monday and Tuesday a.m. (only 15 minutes each) but today I did a 25 minute workout

1of3 - for Tuesday and Wednesday. I wish I could make a goof like that with my water intake! You are awesome with your challenge - you are meeting the challenge of being consistent.

Fishwoman for Tuesday and Wednesday. You go girl!

Sandy I missed you on Monday! Great idea with the milk substitute. It has been reported that dairy is good for weight loss. I am going to have a glass of milk (warm) before bed tonight instead of poptarts!

Have a great night ladies.

mscat-
  • My third day in a row! First day was the one-hour spinning class, yesterday a 2 or 3 hour hike in the woods, and today a more modest 15 minutes on the Gazelle and at least 15 walking. But a 30-min a day exercise challenge is harder than it would seem at first glance...
  • Hi! Everybody it feels so good seeing all the bananas dancing in the posts everyone seems to be doing so great myself too but I am like stuck on the same wt for a week now but I feel great since I am not putting on any wt (neither losing....is this a plateau) I have to put in more of everything now minus the food...I suppose.....wt loss is becoming so boring thank God I found you all........
    yesterday I had 50 mts of ex went to mall and bought 3 shirts for myself they r so beautiful. Did house cleaning since my DH will be home today after a week of conferencing........
    water intake is miserable don't know how you guys can drink so much I just dont feel thirsty......so I keep forgetting to drink my mother too hardly drank any water is it genetics!!
    so long girls.........