Singles Supporting Singles #6

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hello Singles!!!!!

If you are single and looking for support for healthy eating, exercise and/or weight loss, please join us. The world is often built for two and if you're looking for a place where you can hang out with other people who are single, you've found it here! We look forward to getting to know you.

Please come in, make yourself at home, and tell us a little about you. Help yourself to the fresh fruit and veggie tray there on the coffee table. We didn't figure it was appropriate to put out cookies!

If you'd like to look back at the previous thread to get a little more information about us, click here for Singles Supporting Singles #5.

Hope you'll stop by and say hi!
  • Hi there, Sheria, I found the new thread. Thanks for starting it up!
  • Ok I am back.....I have just been so darn unmotivated! I just can not seem to do it right now. I did start back going to the Y......been going every other day......I just seem to need a day to recover right now....hopefully that will get better and I get back to going everyday. I have been walking 2 1/2 miles in 40 minutes which is a pretty good pace....and doing a few weights afterwards.....taking about an hour.
    So I feel good about it! I guess just doing what I can for now is good!
    Lilybutt
  • Hello ladies,

I starting to settle into the new job, but there is SOOOO much that our ex-sec never bothered to tell or show me, so I've been floundering a bit, but am now starting to get the hang of it all. I will have to make a whole new filing system as hers just sucked and when I have some spare time I will start on that.

Joggie decided yesterday to give all my drawing work away to our other draftsman, so I was a bit upset (and p*ssed off) and had a few words with him about that! This is only temporary and I don't want to find next year that I have no work again!!

Am back exercising again this week and even dieting! Although I did eat a whole packet of biscuits last night! (cookies) I did manage to do a good stint on the bike afterwards though.

Saturday is a friend's baby bash and then I'm staying over with another friend, so may not be eating too well this weekend. Last weekend I stayed with my sister and mugged one of my niece's little friends for her chocolate!! I'm really the aunt from **** at times!!

Must go and do filing.

Meg
  • hi
    hi singles! i'm finally here. i have been having some isp problems. don't know why...this my second attempt tonite alone. i am getting very frustrated.

sheri- thanks for starting the new thread!!! how did you like TBL this week? it's every man/woman for themselves now. it ought to get interesting. i'm kind of glad shannon got booted. not that i disliked her, i just thought she was the best choice. and she sure looks good now.

welcome back lilybutt! good job on the exercise. i can't walk that fast. i do about a 20 minute mile. i try like crazy though. if i go faster i can't workout for a couple of days at least, so i figure it is better to build up slowly. my legs are soooo tired from work so it is hard to walk at all sometimes.

meg - have fun this weekend!

well, i am pooped so i'm off to dreamland! i will try to get back soon!
    kathy
  • Hey there! Good to see everyone!

Welcome back, lilybutt. Good going on getting back to the Y regularly!

Congrats on the new job, megsa, and on getting back to exercising. I'm sure everything will work itself out on the job.

Kathy--I am wondering who is going to win this thing (BL). Last year, I think the winner was the person who lost the most pounds, but didn't they change it this year to the most percentage? Matt really took a HUGE gamble on gorging himself when he got the immunity--gaining TWELVE pounds in a week? Holy moses! I was actually hoping for Andrea to go but I knew it would be Shannon because she's more of a threat weight-loss wise. Andrea is almost at goal, I think, and I'm told by many folks who are maintaining that it gets much harder to lose the last 10-20 pounds. It's interesting how Matt & Seth have become the ones who are still standing at the end of every challenge. I would have never guessed that Seth was capable of that at the beginning of this thing. I mean, Matt is not only a former athelete but he is one of the most competitive people I have ever seen...I think to a disturbing degree. Can't wait for the finale!
  • No posts all weekend...how's everyone doing?
  • Hello ladies,

I was forced to work a bit for my money yesterday, so didn't get time to post! My weekend was good and my pregnant friend phoned me yesterday to say thank you for chocolate and to say that she thinks I'm looking really good! We haven't seen each other since the end of August, so it was really encouraging of her to say it. Especially as my weight loss has stalled and it is demotivating me in a HUGE way! Also re-read a book by Patrick Holford and have now added some raw carrots and a bit of olive oil and fish to my daily intake. Was absolutely stuffed yesterday and was a bit like the Energiser bunny last night. Feeling much more positive today and hoping that it shows up on the scale soon!

Have been coerced into attending a kitchen tea this coming weekend, by my sister (her son is getting married) and not looking forward to it. Was hoping for a quiet weekend to recover from two hectic ones! My sis says if she has to go, I have to as well!! Will just have to wait until we close in mid December to recover!

Must go.

Meg
  • hi
    hi singles! sorry i have been MIA. i hurt my knee and had to avoid the stairs for a while and guess where the computer is......of course, downstairs.
    it is starting to feel somewhat better. i also have to avoid the treadmill for a couple of weeks too.

sheri- it is getting down to the wire on TBL. i was sad to see dr. jeff go, but what a great attitude he has about everything. there needs to be more people in the world like him. didn't he look fabulous in his update.. what an inspiration! what got to me was when he said how much easier it is to walk, and take stairs now. i have lots of problems with that because of my knees. i think the finale will inspire a lot of people and i can't wait to see it either. i wonder when the next one is???

meg - i have lots of trouble with the fish thing myself. i would like to eat more also but i am a picky eater. i tried a tilapia filet a couple of weeks ago. i broiled it and sprayed it with pam and then lightly breaded the top with just a couple of Tbsps of bread crumbs. it was actually pretty good and not too fishy tasting.

well, i am pooped. did some xmas shopping today after work. i have to get all this done soon, because i have to start getting ready for my annual xmas trip to florida. i think it will be hard this year for both my mom and myself without my dad this year. we will get thru together!

have a good friday!
    kathy
  • Quote: meg - i have lots of trouble with the fish thing myself. i would like to eat more also but i am a picky eater. i tried a tilapia filet a couple of weeks ago. i broiled it and sprayed it with pam and then lightly breaded the top with just a couple of Tbsps of bread crumbs. it was actually pretty good and not too fishy tasting.
    Kath...sorry to hear about the knee! Glad to hear it is improving. I know how frustrating that can be when you have to back off on exercising (and other activities) because of an injury. I had a bad rotator cuff (shoulder) injury in 2002 and I didn't go to the gym for 6 months. Even walking on a treadmill jostled my shoulder too much and caused too much pain.

As for your quote above about fish, I am in the same boat too! I have always hated fish (and most seafood, for that matter) but I really want to learn to like at least one or two kinds because of the omega3s and because it is healthy food. Over the past 2 years, when I have been out to eat with friends or family who have ordered fish, I have asked for a bite of their fish so that I can start to figure out what I like and don't like.

Like you, tilapia is the least offensive that I've tried so far, but I haven't yet been as brave as you and actually bought and cooked it myself! I have circled the fish section of my grocery store and LOOKED at it, but haven't gotten as far as BUYING it. hehe I think I'll wait for a nice spring or summer day when I can put it on the grill. I love most things grilled!

I keep forgetting to email my 3FC password to work so that I can log on from there. I've come to the site a few times this week at work only to be reminded that I have to log in and I can't cuz I don't know my password!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm going to be heading to Delaware on Wednesday or Thursday morning and will be gone all weekend. When it comes to Thanksgiving, I believe in eating a little of everything, so I'm looking forward to the stuffing, turkey, gravy, potatoes and all!
  • hi
    hi singles! sure is quiet here again. where did alll those people go that were visiting for a while???

sheri - i am planning to go down to nyc for turkey day, weather permitting. they are predicting a big snow storm this week possibly. if that happens, i won't be traveling. i'm keeping my fingers crossed, because i haven't spent a turkey day with family in years. i hope you have a safe trip, keep an eye on the weather, and give that favorite poochie of yours a hug for me.

well, in case i don't get back, i hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
    kathy
  • Quote: hi singles! sure is quiet here again. where did alll those people go that were visiting for a while???
    As I recall, last year at this time, the thread was busy all fall and then, once the holidays came, it was a wasteland. I remember looking up a few of the people who had been posting and not only had they not posted here, but they hadn't even been on 3FC at all for months.

As I've posted before, it seems that people here (3FC, not just this thread) tend to withdraw when they are not doing well. The holidays are prime time for many people not doing well, as the temptations of holiday food and the pressures of food with family become too much.

I fear that it's going to be quiet again for a few months until we pick up the resolutioners after the first of the year.

Quote:
    sheri - i am planning to go down to nyc for turkey day, weather permitting. they are predicting a big snow storm this week possibly. if that happens, i won't be traveling. i'm keeping my fingers crossed, because i haven't spent a turkey day with family in years. i hope you have a safe trip, keep an eye on the weather, and give that favorite poochie of yours a hug for me.
    You have a safe drive too! In my area, they're talking about rain and possibly wet snow on Thanksgiving and I'll be driving to Delaware early that morning. Hopefully it will be warm enough (I think it's supposed to be low 40s) that it won't freeze and make the roads dangerous.

In New York, it will likely be colder and more snow so you be careful! You taking your poochies with you in the car?
  • hi
    hi singles! i hope everyone is working off all that turkey dinner!lol!

i had a very nice day with my family. the drive there was a little hairy, but coming back was nice. i have spent the rest of this nice long weekend cleaning and decorating for xmas.

the next 3 weeks will be very hectic. i have to work all the weekends to save some $ for my florida trip. shopping to do, parties to go to etc...don't you just love this time of the year?! then after new years, we will all be bored to death.

sheri - i hope your trip was as good as mine. my girlies had to stay home. my lab/shep has sprained her back. the vet said it is because of her age. just a small jump can do it. i am very worried about her, even though she seems to be getting a little better.

well, i have more decorating to finish. have a great week!
    kathy
  • I'm back too!

Glad you had a great trip, Kath. Sorry to hear about your pup's back.

I had a great Thanksgiving with my closest friends in Delaware. Did not overeat too badly at all on Thankgiving, but boy did I eat a lot of leftovers in the next few days! hehe Finally, I went out Saturday to Applebee's and got a nice salad so I could get some healthy food in me!
  • Glad to hear that you both had a good weekend. I spent it at home and didn't go out at all!! After 3 weekends of endless people I just needed to be quiet and recharge my batteries. I also only got paid yesterday, so had no money to spend on anything!

My friend Rose had her baby on Saturday, 3 weeks early, but both are well. Her name is Luca-Rose and I hope to get to meet her soon.

My weight loss has stalled, but it may be due to some of the added pressure with the extra work, but that will hopefully end soon. We put an ad in the local paper last week and I now have CV's coming out of my ears! There are so many people her desperate for work! Looking forward to the time off over Christmas - we close on the 15th and then start again after New Year. A definate perk to working for Engineers!

Meg