crawling back...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • because my knees ache, my back hurts... and i'm freakin' HUGE!!! i am too young to be in this much pain. it must end.

i weigh (right at this moment) 11.6 pounds MORE than i did on my birthday 2 months ago.

i disappeared again and now i'm coming back. i have to do something and i am giving it another shot starting right NOW.

so i promise to give it my all and get back to my good habits.
  • Soon to be former fatty,
    Welcome back. you are miles ahead of all those people out there who should be doing something and dont care and are doing nothing. So stick to your determination and this time you will make it. Try to break it into small achievable bits---like 5 lbs at a time. Realize this must be a [B[]life long [/B] [/B] committment, it is not a quick fix. Do it for yourself, for your health and well being....do it so you can keep up (or ahead) of your kids....do it so none of the aches will be dragging you down. Dont let anything stop you, you will have bad days you will have those rotten plateaus, but you will not let anything stip you.

There I am off the soap-box now, lol

O2BN...a hot tub

wannaBaloser
  • Welcome back - good for you for getting back in the groove. Post often - great to see you here!

~Dee
  • Welcome Back
    Shelly, Welcome back! WannaBaloser is absolutely correct. You are definately way ahead of the game by realizing your are struggling and taking control before you spiral out of control. Something I have finally learned after the gabillions of times of starting over . Focusing on small weight loss achievements is great, that way you do not focus on the "big" number. Journal everything you eat. You may be surprised at the actual amount of calories you are eating every day. As well, I can not emphasize this enough, water, water, water. Drink lots and lots of water. I know on some bad weeks when I up my water intake, everything gets flushed out. Now, if I can only do this for myself!
  • Welcome Back. Just remember to take it one day at a time. Sometimes we have to have some failures in order to success that much better.
  • Shelly -- Your avatar means beautiful right? (mei?)
  • hi everyone. thanks for the welcome backs. i imagine you all sound like broken records with as many times as i've showed back up starting over. LOL

wannaBaloser-- my weight has been stopping me from doing things with my kids and doing things i love for too long. i'm tired of being stopped so i will take your advice and let nothing stop me from now on.

ChocLabLover--- believe me, the water is no problem! while i was off doo daddeling for the last year i came across something called powerade option (and for some reason i have to travel an hour and a half to buy it when i do) ... anyway i've saved the bottles, they are 32 oz each and i have been doing good getting about 3 or 4 in a day... that is a MAJOR accomplishment for me.

POOKIE88--- i had to give up meetings a long time ago because i just can't afford it. so you all will be my meetings. LOL

wyllenn--- yes its the symbol for beauty or beautiful. i found it while surfing one night and figured i'd use it. everything else in my life is so negative it seems so this is my little bit of positivity and i think this is just the perfect place to have it.

AnnieFannie--- today is day 1. so far so good!!! loading up on water and veggies and even did some walking (aka shopping LOL) this morning for my kids' birthdays that are coming up in a few weeks.

newfiedarling--- i plan on checking in every day and posting whenever i can!!
  • Welcome back Shelly. It doesn't matter how many times you start over. You just keep starting over and it will come back to you. You have it in you to do this. Take it one meal at a time if you have to.
  • Hey Shelly -

Congrats on quitting smoking! If you can do that, you can do this, too.
  • back Shelly!

You can do this

It's great to have you back!

xoxo
    Linda
  • Shelly - You never have to crawl back to us. If we search for the term AGAIN in all the posts, can you imagine how many times we'd find it?? This road is full of ups and downs. Everyone who has ever successfully lost weight started AGAIN, one last time.

Glad your back!
  • Welcome back, and ditto to what Sandi said. Please don't disappear again--we're with you through any ups and downs, gains and losses, happy and sad times.
  • Welcome back!!
    Shelly,

Where have you been!? I was just thinking about you the other day. Welcome back!! You can do it!
  • Welcome back. Well put Sandi.
  • Shelly -- Thanks for the explanation. Good luck getting back on track!

For the trivially minded: In China, the name for America translates to "The Beautiful Country" and they use that character in the name. It's pronounced "mei" in Mandarin.