Mom's Losing Weight...

You're on Page 6 of 28
Go to
  • I GOT ALL A'S!!!!!!!!

just thought you'd want to know. I'm soooo happy!

~chris
  • Chris~Congrats on all A's and yes I am married to a UPS man. I am a ups widdow at this time of year though. He worked between 12 and 16 hours a day all week and he is gone today for some special sort(the last Sat b4 the holidays). This next week is going to be brutal.

But, on the better side of things, I made my christmas goal a week early! Now I just have to make sure I keep it off. I am done shopping except for DS's teacher, but I know what I am goin to get her, I just have to stop and pick it up. Now I have to wrap everything. Wish me luck I am aiming to have it all wrapped tonight after the kiddie go to bed.
  • UPS-I envy you. I still have shopping to do and nothing, absolutely nothing, is wrapped. One job I wouldn't want right now is to be a ups man or a postal worker. No way. I can't imagine putting in that many hours in a day. BTW-I'm not prying or anything..I hope...but what's your first name?

I'm so bad this year. I just have a hard time getting in the mood this year. Things are so hectic and nothing seems to be getting done. Its just so chaotic and I really hate that amount of discorganization. My house is a virtual disaster area...and I mean a big one. The girls' bedrooms are cleaned up but that's about it. I'm supposed to be folding some clothes right now but I'm working up the enthusiasm for that. I hate laundry...and the laundry monster is huge around here with 5 people.

I probably have procrastinated enough. Back to getting it done. Check back with you later.

~chris
  • Chris~ wow what a coinkidink I HATE laundry and I am always doing it. But I came from a bigger family (6kids and mom and dad~ 8total) So doing it for my family of 5 does not seem as bad as that was.

I did get most of the gifts wraped, but I ran out of paper, so tomorrow morning I am going to run and get the teacher gift and more paper so I can be finished by tomorrow night.

Today was not good, but tomorrow is another day. Have to run so I can get some sleep so I can get up before the kiddies so I can exercise.

~BTW My name is Ellen~I added it to my sig
  • goodmorning
    Goodmorning Ladies,

Hello Ellen,
    I'm Carly,,, Mother of 3, 19yr son, 17 yr son and 13 yr Daughter... I work fulltime at home finally yeah.. no more leaving first thing in the morning to go to the office... I am thinking for me the 1st of the year is when i will really get into the swing of this taken care of me thing...lol.. I have been trying for a couple months but have had some road blocks... but i am doing a bit better these days.. so its looking up... well its very nice to have you join us.

Chris.... way to go Girl... all A's you are just to perfect... told you, you are my hero... I am so proud of you.. well i need to get going and get some stuff done before my day beginnings.. I will check back later.. have a wonderful day... Carly
  • Evening Carly and Ellen,
    Just a quick fly by for me. I'm on my way out the door to get the rest of the Christmas shopping done.

I flopped so bad today with my eating. But I'll tell you guys about that later.

~chris
  • goodmorning
    hey Chris...

Dont beat your self up about dont doing so well... its so hard this time of year to stay on track.. believe me i know... i have been doing horrible.. but thats ok.. the first of the year is coming and then i will being again.

How are you Ellen... How did you do yesterday???

ok.. ladies i need to get going ... I have a report to get out this morning I will talk with you two later.. have a great day and keep up the great work... carly
  • Carly how are you doing? I did pretty well yesterday. DH got home by 1:30pm so we did some running around together. We tried to get his passport, but we could not get the picture done before the passport office closed. Too many picture Christmas cards. Food wise yesterday was not too bad. Idid find a bakery right around the corner that has the best baklava I have ever had! I think I am going to get some to bring to the family party. All in all I had about 1350cal yesterday. Not too bad,but not really good either. I did drink 96 oz of water, I think that has been helping so much. I only got a little exercise in, about 20-25 mins. All my Christmas running around is done all I have left to do is wrap 2more gifts. YAY

Chris~Don't worry too much about what you did yesterday. Start anew today and you will feel better. I hope you got all your shopping done!

I have to go to work today Have to run see you alll later
  • Hey guys, just a short post for you. I have my sister's kids tonight too. She works until 10 and her husband is out of town so she needed a sitter.

I was doing okay until a while ago. My stomach is just nauseous. I'm probably coming down with a stomach bug. My baby nephew was sick today..throwing up. I was over there and walked around rocking him. He laid his head on my shoulder and was just feeling awful. Anyhow...Nicole was sick on Friday, Kayla was sick yesterday...so I guess maybe its my turn.

I didn't do too bad with eating today and I told my sisters they had better stay on me after the holidays and keep me out of the crap food and make sure I exercise. What do I get? "But Chris, you can hand out some nasty looks..."

I'm gonna go before I feel any worse. Talk to you tomorrow. I have to take my SIL to some doctor appts and help my sister clean up her house before her MIL flies in tomorrow.

TTFN
    Chris

I know...I'm too busy...
  • Good morning
    Hello ladies,

well I have done ok the with the eating thing yesterday ... I did drink my water so thats good.

tonight i have to go out and finish my xmas shopping and do food shopping or we will have no xmas dinner... all and all things are ok..

Chris I hope you are feeling better...

well i have to get some work done ... talk to you later.. Carly
  • Hi ladies, My week has nto been too bad foodwise, but exercise has been non existent. I don't know what has gotten in me~ I just can't move these days. Too much other things going on. DS os on break from school and the girls are just so happy to have him home to play with. Have a great day ladies!

Ellen
  • goodmorning
    Hello ladies,

Well Ellen you are not alone... I have such trouble with that exercising thing.. but the 1st of the year i am going to start anew.. I have gain about 15lbs since march but mostly started packing on the pounds in July when I stopped smoking everyone said it'll be ok.,. you will drop the pounds.. well between stop smoking and being depressed... the pounds are just piling up.. but the 1st is a new year... I have decided that 2005 is a wash... i just want to forget about it.. I am so hoping 2006 will be a more joyous year for me and my family.. I know my mom would want it that way.. so that is my plan..

any good advice on where to start would be greatly appriciated...

Chris are you Feeling Better????
    have a great day... Carly
  • Morning ladies...
    I'm back. I've just been so busy and completely tired out. I have to leave (Again) in a little while to take my SIL to her doctor so they can check her foot for infection and get her all set up for the week. I still have 2 more gift cards to get and I just am runnng out of steam.

Nicole woke up sick..again. A never ending cycle in this house.

Carly-I gained weight when I quit smoking a few years ago too. I'm not sure if it really has anything to do with smoking itself or the fact that your hands and mind aren't preoccupied with the cigarette. Did I say that right?

Ellen-I too have been off the exercise routine for a bit. After Christmas, things will settle down and I am going to make sure I get some exercise any way and every day I can. I think exercise is the hardest thing for me to get used to.

Are you both ready for the holiday? We're supposed to go to a Christmas service at the church tonight but I suppose that depends on how the family feels. Tomorrow night, we spend with my dad. Then Christmas day is with my MIL and SIL (Robin). BUsy BUsy BUsy....

Have a great rest of the day. And don't fret over your eating too much or not exercising.

~chris
  • Ok let me try this again (DD erased my last post)

Carly and Chris~Thank you so much for your support. It is good to know that others are having a hard time exercising too. My mom has been able to go everyday this month. (I wish I could) My problem is not with exercising itself, It is with finding the time to get it in without my kiddies getting in the way. I usually have to get up 1.5hrs before they do just to get it in.

I also had a hard time when I quit smoking last year (only lasted 6mos) I was exercising 4 days a week and it still was not coming off. This time around has been a little better, but I am not sure what I am doing different. I think I am watching what I am eating alot more! So I am more aware of the calories going in. I will start the "New Year" routine next week. Dh should not have to work so many hours, so I will have a little more help with the little ones!

I am not sure if I will be on before Christmas. so have a happy and safe Holiday.
  • IT was so nice out today, 40F, I took the kiddies for a walk. We went 2mi. THe girls were a little tired, but I did not have to carry anyone!