Mom's Losing Weight...

You're on Page 2 of 28
Go to
  • Good morning
    hello ladies...

laura glad you came to join us... i am not a stay at home mom,.... but i am going to be starting to work from home in the next couple weeks... yipppy i cant wait... am hoping i will have a little more control over my self by working from home and buying the correct foods because at my office i run across the street grab something to eat.. which is usually something unhealthy... i am hoping by not having to get up so early and rush out the door i will be able to put some exercising into my day too.. we will see what happens... they are all attainable goals... i just have to do it... i am 37yrs old ... have 3 kids 19 yr old son who does not live at home... 17yr old son... who is home and a 13yr old daughter...a great hubby of 19yrs .... for some reason the last few years i have totally let myself go.. i think depression and emotions have everything to do with it and lazyness.... but that is all going to change.. i am not way over weight.. i just need to get healthy so getting advice here is very helpfull...

well have a wonderful day... i will check back later... carly
  • Morning or afternoon...depending on where you are!

I've got all my housework almost licked. Just the usual laundry staring me down now. Today is good 'ol Pill day. I have to take all my RA meds on Saturday so I usually try to hang around home as much as I can because sometimes they make me sick. But today is my little niece's birthday so this afternoon we have a party to go to and then I have my parenting class and then church.

Fun stuff! I still have to take a test in my business class and then turn it my homework for it too. I hate his tests. You get 35 minutes for 30 multiple choice and t/f questions and 8 essay questions. I don't know how expects a person to finish. I'll have to make up for my low test grades with good grades on my assignments.

We went to a Celebrate Recovery concert last night. It's a faith based organization for people with drug and alcohol addictions, co-dependency, and for people with sex addicitons. The church invited anyone who wanted to to just come to it. Gosh, some of the stories I heard about some of these people about made me cry. I'm glad I never got hooked on anything. Tiana, of course had all these questions. Her dad is a recovering alcoholic and her stepmom used to do meth, so she is always worried about their welfare. I told her not to worry it because it wasn't her job to have to keep her dad and stepmom safe. That is too much for a child to handle. She doesn't need it. I just don't know what to tell her sometimes. She knows alot more than a child should and I want to protect her from that stuff.

Ooo..better go. I have to go get some cat food before the party before my cats just "die". They have 1/2 a bowl full and that's not enough. Little doorknobs, anyhow. I think I have neurotic pets.

Hey Laura...how's your day going? Carly, morning sunshine! I'll check back later and see how you gals are doing

~chrsi
  • good afternoon
    hello,

well Chris, as usual you have been busy busy,,, i have gotten my house all done early today myself.. not to sure how that happened but hey what the heck.. things are looking up when the house is clean by noon,.. right... i even had my supper in the crockpot cooking ... so now i can just relax and have a nice afternoon..

sounds like that recovery thing was very interesting they dont have those kind of things around here.. well maybe they do but i dont belong to a church so i really dont know.. but i havent ever heard of anything like that.. it must be so hard on tiana to have so many worries,, i remember when i was a little girl.. i had those same worries.. its not fun.... but i think you show her how it is to be a kid and have fun and that is a wonderful thing.

well i hope you did good today with you life style change... i bet you did you alway do well.. how many pounds have you lost so far?????

well its not about the pounds its about how you feel.. i bet you feel great..well i will check back later.. have a good one... carly
  • Hey Carly, I'm getting there, slow but sure. Since May of last year, I've lost 25 lbs. I'm over a 1/3 of the way to my goal. My mini-goal is to be in size 16 jeans for Christmas...(and comfortably). I think I might take some antibiotics or something. My head is pounding again today. My upper row of teeth are achy too, so I kind of think I may have a sinus infection.

It's cold here today. I'm such a wimp. I don't know what I'm going to do when winter hits.

Sorry so short, I better get back out to help Kelly put the shelves up in our shed. Freeze with him, I guess. I'll check back later.

~chris

Laura, where are you???? We would love to hear more from you~!
    same goes for you Crystal...
  • goodmorning
    Goodmorning Chris....

wow 25lbs i am so proud of you... I was doing ok when i first started on here.. but as of the last few months i have totally went backwards... but thats ok.. i will kickstart myself again.. i think we go through these things.. I am actually going to be working from home in the next couple weeks.. so i am hoping to get myself undercontrol then... working on it slowly now... i am sorry you are still feeling sick.. i hope you start to feel better soon.

how are the kids??? did you have a nice weekend...

mine was nice and relaxing... just the way we like it around here..

well I have to get ready for work I will check back later.. have a great day... carly..
  • I gave up on feeling better today and downed some allergy medicine. My head feels much better. I'm also totally P.Oed. My laptop is down already. I can't boot up or anything. Kelly is taking it back tomorrow. I could just scream. I don't know what's up with it.

Gotta go. sorry so fast but Nicole is hungry and not feeling good again. So this is my life again.

~chris
  • Good morning
    hey Chris,

I certainly hope today is a better day for you.. just thought i would pop in and say good morning to everyone.. i will check back later...

take your meds and get your self well....

have a great day...

carly
  • Darn it, I know I left a post yesterday...where'd it go??????

ANyhow, I'm feeling better. I still have these darn sinus headaches. I woke up this morning at around 2 am with my head pounding like crazy. My jaw even was hurting. I wonder if I clench my teeth at night.

Not much going on here. My sister came and helped me clean my house so I could get a couple hours of catch up done with my homework. I have one more report to type for keyboarding, my ten-key assignments, my accounting homework, and 2 reports, and all my computer homework. I also have 2 tests and one quiz to take. Some are due on Friday and the rest on SUnday. I'll be busy busy busy...AGAIN. I wonder if all this stress is worth it?

Carly and Laura, I'm trying a new recipe tonight for a crustless pumpkin pie. It's made with Splenda, ff evaporated skim milk, and egg whites. It's around 96 calories per slice. If its a keeper, I'll make it on Thanksgiving. I'll let you know what it turns out like. I'll pass it on to you if its any good.

~chris
  • Goodmorning
    Chris,

you probably do clench your teeth.. my friend tina use to do that she had to get a mouth gaurd.. it seemed to work for her. no more headaches

you are always so busy.. you poor thing.. yes probably the stress is worth it when you are all done.. just try not to over do it... try to relax a little..
    yes please let me know about that pie... sounds like it should be yummy..

are you having dinner at your house??? this is going to be my first thanksgiving with out mom.. i am starting to get a bit depressed again.. iam trying very hard to be ok for my family... ya know.. today makes seven months since she has been gone.. feels like yesterday to me.. but anyways,,,
    i need to get into the swing of things or else nothing is going to be done.. we havent even bought food for thanksgiving yet.. i do hope there will be turkeys left..lol...

anyways, i will check back later.. have a wonderful day.. carly
  • Hi Carly, Man I am tired. I worked yesterday, took the kids to dance, and did homework until 1 am. My sister in law was hospitalized yesterday. She is diabetic and had a sore on her foot that wouldn't heal. The infection went into her bones and surrounding tissue so they had to do surgery. Youch!

The pie was yummy. I will forward the recipe to you this evening or tomorrow morning when I get a moment. I have to get the kids ready for school and do some more homework. Story of my life....

Check back in a bit.

By the way...I'm sorry this is your first Thanksgiving without your mom. Sending some cyber hugs to make you feel better.

~chris
  • good evening
    hey Chris,,,,

oh i cant wait to get the recipe from you if it was that good... you are always so busy... I have been trying to get myself very busy these days..
    i am hoping to have a nice thanksgiving.. my husband wants to decorate for xmas this weekend also... i think he is trying really hard to get me motivated ya know..keeping me busy.. he is wonderful like that.. anyways... i think all will be ok... mom would want it that way.. and i always want to please mom.. ya know.. anyways... are you having thanksgiving at home ??? do you do anything traditional??

well have a great night.. carly
  • Just a quick note before I take a bath and soak and then pass out.

Nicole has "buggies" again. No one else. I must have missed some nits before. I have no idea. Plus the little honey is sick again. She is coughing, wheezing, vomiting...you name it. So last night, I was up until 3 am with her.

I did finish my business paper tonight and turned in the rest of my computer homework, so I can relax tomorrow. WOO HOO! Naw, tomorrow we are all going out to my sis in law's house to clean it for her. She is in the hospital. She had a very large sore on the bottom of her foot (She's diabetic) and it wasn't healing. Well she has an really nasty staph infection and they did emergency surgery on her foot and had to take alot of the surrounding tissue and some bone out of her foot. So this is going to be a long difficult time for her with no guarantees. She's still in the hospital but she won't be able to do any of the cleaing for herself when she gets out. WE'll help her out as much as we can. Most of the brothers are all going to pick in $150 a month each to cover the wages she lost because she can't work now.

I better go. I'll check back tomorrow. I want to soak and forget this week. Just is one thing after another anymore. TTFN. I'll get that recipe on here tomorrow. You'll have to tell me what you guys do for Thanksgiving traditions and other holiday fun. Night sunshine!

~chris
  • Good morning
    goodmorning,

I am sorry to hear about your sister inlaw... you are wonderful to go over and do all that for her.. as busy as you already are..

your poor little one.. she seems to be ill alot... and its early in the season.... poor her and poor you i hope all gets better i will say a prayer for you.

well we really dont have much tradition around here for the thanksgiving .. just eating alot of food ,, watching the parade and football and if we are up to it we will go and see the christmas lights that have been turned on at the lasalette... its very pretty... but i am sure we are not going to do that this year. yesterday me and my daughter baked... i made 3 pumpkin breads, and an apple pie... she made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate pudding pie... and boy did you eat alittle of this and a little of that.. that is why i had stopped baking because all i do is nibble all day.. but hubby asked me to please bake this year.. so i did.. my gram is coming to our house for thanksgiving so that should be nice...

are you cooking at home or going somewhere>???

well have a great day ... i will check in later... Carly
  • Hi Carly,
    Same thing here...a major food fest! I'm going to try my darnest to behave myself though. I watched a couple shows last night on morbidly obese people and I just wanted to cry. The one gal is such a sweetheart. She had to have gastric bypass surgery. She went from 627 to 398 in the first year, but had numerous infections, suffered malnutrition, etc. The second show was on the Andover clinic who takes in super obese people. Most of the patients show up there weighing over 600 lbs. One guy was 825. I couldn't begin to fathom what they go through and how they got there.

ANyhow, Turkey day is at our house this year. We're getting a fresh turkey from the Hutterite colony. They are alot like the Amish. They have the best turkeys. We watch the Thanksgiving day parade on tv and stuff ourselves and then usually watch a movie or two.

My sis in law might get to go home in a couple days but she'll have to go to the hospital everyday for iv antibiotics and a whirlpool treatment for her foot. She can take antibiotics at home but the ones they want her to take are $1400 dollars for 20 days. (and no that's not a typo). Unreal!!!

I'll end this and post again so you can have the pumpkin recipe.

~chris
  • Crustless pumpkin pie
    3/4 c. Splenda
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. ground ginger
    1/4 tsp. cloves
    4 egg whites
    1 15 oz. can Libby 100% Pumpkin
    1 can fat-free evaporated milk

Mix Salt, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evapored milk.

Bak in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 min. Reduce temp to 350 degrees and bake 40-50 min or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

I baked it for around 40 min because I think it bakes faster without the crust. YUM YUM YUM!