Mom's Losing Weight...

You're on Page 15 of 28
Go to
  • Ellen-Glad you got her looked at. When Tiana was 1 1/2, she had a UTI and we didn't know about it. She was running a fever (105 degrees) for 2 weeks and the doctor kept saying virus. Finally I got mad, and took her to a different doctor who ran blood tests and a urine test. I was sooo mad.

I'll be back later with my snacks list...promise. I have to get Tiana to a birthday party.

~chris
  • Chris~I am glad I got her cheched out, she is feeling better already. She was sick last year on and off for over a month, and it took the dr seeing green stuff come out of her nose. Then they stoppeed saying it was a virus. But other than these two times she has been really healthy.

Losing~It is so nice to hear that they have child care! The last gym I belonged to had a kid room, but that is all it was. I only had to bring DS there once, I don't think I would have gone if I had to bring all three. Dh and I looked at a bigger gym and they had a better Kid area. We did like it, but budget wise it is a little tight right now. We will see what the future brings.

Have to run ladies. Will try to check in tomorrow after work. ((hugs))
  • Snack Ideas:

Celery and 1 wedge of light laughing cow cheese
    hard boiled eggs
    pickles
    1 string cheese
    jerky (low sugar)
    protein shakes
    sugar free jello, alone or with cottage cheese
    1 oz. cheese with apple slices
    plain or no-sugar-added yogurt
    ff cream cheese and cucumber slices
    lettuce roll ups-roll lunchmeat, tuna, or egg salad and veggies in lettuce leaf
    Lunch meat roll ups-roll cheese and veggies inside lunch meat
    raw veggies and low cal dip
    protein bars

This is just a few ideas that I snack on occasionally. All yummy.
  • Arg, didn't make it to the gym lastnight
    My sister called around 5 saying she was comming down to do laundry at our house.. so I had to wait and wait for her to show up.. she shows up at 8:00 (child care goes till 8:30!) with NO laundry i might add!

so i am goign today for sure eventhough the weather is not very nice out again.
    Hubby is home today so he will keep the boys... phew
  • LosinIt...sorry you didn't get to the gym last night. I didn't get there either. IT was too darn cold here plus I'm getting a cold too.

I don't want to get too nosy or anything but I was wondering if we could get a first name for you. I don't want to keep calling you LosinIt forever.

Are you on any kind of program? Or are you just watching your calorie intake? I'm working with a doctor and a nutritionist at a weight loss clinic. Hopefully I'll get this fat off of me soon. I'm supposed to be eating 1461 calories a day and having a protein with every meal and snack to keep my insulin levels from fluctuating so bad. Which makes me feel awful when it spikes. I get the jitters, foggy headed, and then I binge trying to find that magic food that will make it go away. If I don't have protein with everything, I can do the jitters all day long. I think that's why weight loss is a challenge for me.

Gonna go and work on my homework and laundry and cleaning up my germ infested home. Check back later with everyone...HI ELLEN, HI CARLY!

~chris
  • oh man, lol i can't believe i never said my name!
    it's Jenn

Went to the gym today, also went to the nutrition store in the mall and bought some Decadant Whey protein powder in french vanilla.. MMMMM so yummy, the lady there was so helpful and reccomended buying fredh/frozen berries ect to add on occasion.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Logan (our 3.5 year old) talked hubby into taking us all to the movies tonight to see curious george.. lol should be fun
  • Oh yeah and your other question, lol
    I'm watching my calorie intake, i'm currently doing a 21 day challenge of only drinking water (except one cup of tea in the morning) and i go to the YMCA atleast 4 days a week
  • HEy Your name is the sam as my sisters. That ought to be easy to remember. Who are ya doing the challenge with? We should do a challenge on this thread, get everyone motivated. I know I could use some.

I only got to the gym 3 times this week. With all the kids being sick, its been hard. I'm just gonna have to break out the ol exercise videos this week.

Back to doing my homework. Talk to ya all later.

~chris
  • how do you all incorperate exersize into your normal day?
  • Jenn~so nice to see your name. Sorry you didn't get to the gym. I know haow disappointing it can be.

Chris~I LOVE you snack ideas!!! I hope you kiddies are doing better.

Well, My DD is finally starting to feel better. It was a rough three nights though. The fever/medicine was making her nausous, and I had to keep getting up with her because she would not sleep for more than a half an hour at a time. But last night it all came together. She slept for 4 hrs then again for another 4 hrs, so I was able to get in about 5hrs last night. DS appears to be getting sick~cough and low fever, but is rolling with it. DH is taking our middle DD to Church this morning, while I stay at home with the other two. All I am hoping for is a nice quiet day, but With DD feeling better she got up this AM full of beans and ready to go!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
  • oh my gosh..what an idiot! I am having such a hard time with this cold...I posted to the wrong set of friends on another thread. DUH!!!!

My body is so *BLAH*. I haven't eaten all day and I just can't think of anything that sounds good right now. This flu bug is kickin my butt.

Ellen-Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better. Those UTIs are kind of scary to get with little girls.

JEnn-How are you doing today? Hopefully staying well. God knows, I tried.

On the bonus end of sick...I am back down to where I was before my Friday appt at the weight loss clinic. I think I was retaining some water. I did drink a few pops the day before.

Gonna go and get my homework done for tomorrow before I run out of energy. I'm just whipped with this. Darn stuff!

~chris
  • oops...Jen, in answer to your question. I usually go to the gym in the evening when my husband is home to watch the kids, with the exception of Wed. After sister #2 gets off work, she watches all the kids while sister #1 and I work out.

Gotta go, my brother just returned with my daughter. I gotta be sociable and cough on him a bit....

~chris
  • Chris~My brother was smart. He stayed as far away from my house as possible today. He usually comes over and has dinner with us on Sunday, But he must have figured out that there were sickies here. Didn't do anything today, just sat around withthe little one. I think the antibiotics make her tummy upset. She is fine before she gets them, then afterwards tells me that her tummy hurts. Will calll the dr tomorrow to see if we should switch it. Later chicas
  • Ellen have you tried giving her yogurt too with the antibiotics? I know it helps with diarrhea caused by antibiotics. It might do the trick. Is she allergic to any antibiotics? That's another problem I've heard alot with antibiotics.

Okay...back to my homework. Now I have a fever to add to my aches. And kids running all over, driving me nuts....

~chris
  • Went tot he gym lastnight.. did 35 mins of cardio and the circut.. and signed Logan up for swimming lessons.. he was so excited to get his very own membership!.. A guardian has to swim with him.. so i need to go today and buy a bathign suit.. bleh.
    I didn't want to get one before i lost some more.. but being in the pool with him will be more excersize and it is something we can do just the 2 of us.. I feel bad because most of my day is consumed with the baby.. so i don't get much time just with him.... should be fun