Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 2 of 101
Go to
  • I just got a HRM yesterday - I think my problem is I spend too much time setting myself up for the next exercise...I'm debating if I will go on to week 2 next week or repeat week one...I'll see how I feel at the end of the week. Yesterday I did my circuits at the gym as well (as opposed to in my living room). I should have spent more time figuringout which machines for sure to use in which order. BTW...back extensions? Those are neat!! For reals - I like those. My other problem with the gym is going to be finding a time when I don't have to wait for a machine...over the weekend I didn't have a problem - but tomorrow? Hmmmm.
  • Hey ladies!!

Did Monday's work out before the big candy bash! I hope everyone is sweating!
  • Mrs. T, what is Monday's workout?

I'm seeing a lot of people write about resting too long between sets. I work out at home so don't have to wait on anything. This is really important. Jillian said the reason the heart rate stays up is because you're not resting. I think if a machine is taken, you would have to find a different way of doing the exercise fast.

I write all the exercises down in my journal the night before and I study them. When my workout comes, I am ready to go without any stops. Maybe something like that would work for some of you. Where you have the exercises written out on paper and you also have a quick substitute to do so that you're not waiting.

Just brainstorming here and it's early so may be foggy.
  • YAY for me, I did mondays work out and I feel awesome! I didnt have a jump rope so I skipped that, but I added some good cardio instead!
  • Well...I didn't work out last night, but only had one piece of candy. I have been doing so good about not missing workouts. But last night I just couldn't seem to get the energy together. Woke up tis morning feeling terrible and think I am coming down iwth something. All I want to do is SLEEP. Think I will be skipping tonight for some extra rest and hoefully avoiding missing anything longer term.
  • Just finished workout 3/week 2. Today it all just felt better. I am so happy to have been finally convinced to try interval training. I think it is just the thing for weightloss. I can really tell a difference in how my metabolism has picked up. Maybe hard to define that feeling, but sometimes when I get to the end of the day I just feel like I am still burning calories. The scale is being unusually cooperative. My workouts for the last 2 years at least have been very heavy on the weights, low on the cardio. Now I am understanding that this is better for taking the weight off which is where I am at this point. And the fact that weight training, which I truly believe in, is an element is great.

I am not always so good about keeping up with everything but for the last 2 months I have been in a very good zone. Don't want to pay too much attention to it, don't want to jinx things. But I will say that coming to 3fc every day and ranging the entire board, I have become aware of how many people here are making huge differences in their bodies. I mean a lot of people. I know that they are doing these great things because of their consistency to their plan. Having been one not consistent enough in the past I aspire to be like all the "big losers" that I see here.

Anyway, put my verbosity down to some great endorphins from just completeing a satisfying workout.
  • Tuesday's work out is done, back biceps, hamstrings, glutes, obliques...

I only worked out for approx 45 minutes and had some sort of emotional breakdown while finishing up on the elliptical.

Emma: Monday weeks 1 & 2- I started on a thursday, doing Thursday's work out my very first work out. So I'm a 'thursday' starter LOL. So on Thursday I start week three..
  • Hey girls!!

Just got back from the gym for day 2 of week 2. I was feeling very sluggish and it was all I could do NOT to hit the snooze button and stay in bed....BUT I DIDN'T!!! As soon as ds's bus came I made a dash to the car and went straight to the gym. I'm still feeling lethargic but I think some of that was dh was up for 5 am and I didn't fall right back to sleep after that. Hope its that, and nothing I'm coming down with. (both ds's have been sick the last 2 weeks)

I also did a 5 min warmup on treadmill and then after my weights, another 30 min of cardio with the treadmill again. Nice to add these on as they made another difference of over 400 cal burned.

skinnyjeans.... Hope you feel better soon. Get some well deserved rest!!

Mrs. T......You okay? 45 min on the treadmill is great. tc

ledom.......you said it!! This is a journey and I absolutely LOVE coming to this site. Whenever I need a boost, ideas, recipies.....this site is like 'a new best friend'. geez....I pop on many times throughout the day!!!
  • Hi everyone,

Week 2 Day 2 done. My legs are really feeling the workouts, my butt is even sore.

tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day but since I don't get to add on cardio at the end of my workouts, I am planning on a cardio tomorrow-it will be intervals just have to decide what to do, the treadmill or bike.

Rhonda
  • Week 3, Day 1. Complete! 63 minutes in total of circuit training and treadmill intervals. Let me tell you, Jillian DOES kick it up a notch with week 3. You have less reps, but you're supposed to add in more weight (which I did). Also those mountain climbers. OMG, I had deadlegs at 45 seconds the first time and 52 the second. I couldn't even do a full minute! GREAT workout though!
  • Week 1, Day 2 - Circuit: back, bi's, hamstrings, glutes, obliques (25 mins), stretching (5 mins).

i found this workout a little more harder in the sense of having to replace the lat pull downs. i ended up just doing the movement with my arms above my head and resisting on the pull down. no weights. i think it worked as my back is feeling it emma, what do you replace them with?

i also had a headache last night and jumping around didn't help at all so the interval cardio bits were left out. i found the back extension also put strain on me so i did 2 of the 3 circuits for it.

*sigh*

today (Wednesday) is suppose to be a rest day, but i think i will go for a walk all the same. probably about 5kms (45 mins).
  • Angeleyes, Yeah I'm alright, just head games I play with myself sometimes and when there is a trigger it's easy to break down. Thanks for asking!

Emma! I need to get all psyched for thursday then don't I? HA

Rhonda and Daisy: Keep up the good work... I think we're getting the hang of this!
  • Hey you crazy workout girls ... I am a little ******ed about this sometimes ... when I got Jillian's book I also got 2 of her DVDs at the same time so instead of following her week 1 exercises, I started with the videos ... not sure if that's screwy or not ... anyway, the videos kick my butt majorly bad but in a good way I started on Satuday and have done both videos twice now ... I'm kinda rambling here about nothing lol It's late and I get weirder the later it gets but anyway, I'm just a confused girl! lol I'm gonna go read her book right now and look at the week 1 exercises and see how many of them I'm already doing in the video if any ... oh wow I need to stop talking you guys are all probably "what is your freaking point?" lol

You guys are all doing awesome by the way! Jillian's girls rock!
  • Week 1 day 2 done... still sore, I replaced the jumping jacks with some extra cardio, and I was a little confused on some of the pull downs, the 1 st one and the second one, aren't they the same?? I dunno.. any help would be great... thanks girlies...
  • Morning everyone,

Week 2 Day 3 - did cardio coach on the treadmill today. These programs are a mix of hills and intervals. Did the 40 minute program and burned 450 calories. I for some reason just cannot work out for 60 minutes. I think 45 is my max and then I need to do the stretching part. Feels so good to stretch. It was scheduled as a rest day but I need that extra cardio so I did it.

Sunnykels-how are the DVDs? I have ordered them all from DDD but they are on back order so I won't get them til Mid to Late November. I don't see why you can't do the DVDs instead of the book exercise routines. I thought they were split out the same way as the book. How do you like the DVD workouts?

Rhonda