Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 11 of 101
Go to
  • Go Gina - I thought to time my workout today and it came in at 50 minutes. Looking back on yesterday's post I have made a mistake in my week. I am on week four and today I did day 4 of week 4. Tomorrow is my 1 hr. cardio. Think I'll take it outside if it isn't raining. More jacks and butt kicks today. Weeks 7 & 8 she bumps it to 1 1/2 min? HOLY SH!T - maybe next go around of the 12 weeks, I will shoot for 1 entire minute maybe this go round.
  • Tomorrow I start week 5. I'm not giving up. I just had to come here to promise myself that. I'll re-post after I've finished, taken a shower, etc.
  • I start week 1 day 1 tomorrow....Wish me luck.....LOL

Looks like I'm in for a treat..Bought the book today and love it so far...
  • ok Tink - good luck. These workouts are the best! Tough, but effective.
  • Sexytink - Prepare to curse Jillian just like on the show! But it feels so good after...and you get days off!!! You feel like you earned them, too. Welccome!

I survived Day 2 of Week 5....ok - my only complaint is the butt kicks combined with bicep curls...I thought I looked dorky with plan butt kicks...I ended up splitting them up. My form sucks enough without compounding it. Other than that? Woo hoo...it took a little longer than usual...back to 3 sets but of 12 reps. I wasn't really watching the clock and ended up putting in 1 hour 15 minutes. And the dog got walked and the lawn got mowed...and I'm not dead - just horizontal...
  • Sexytink - me too! I walked tonight but will start the hardcore workouts in the morning. I'll think of you while I'm getting buff tomorrow!
  • Same here...

Can't wait....

Thanks for the encouragement everyone....
  • Today I did Day 1 of week 1 and holy crap! This is the first time EVER that after I finished I don't want to eat unhealthy because that just means more weight to lose and more hardcore workouts! I don't know if that makes sense but in the past I've had trainers, etc. and after a hard workout I would want to reward myself for a job well done but not anymore. I know how self defeating to reward with food after a workout! Anyway very impressed with all the ladies who have been doing this for weeks!
  • Just finished week 1, day 1. I'm so proud of myself! I've been making excuses for at least three weeks now and it felt so good to just bite the bullet and do it. Yay!!
  • Good for you Happydaizy!!! Doesn't it feel good? well...you might feel sore tommorow BUT today you feel pretty good!!!

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday as dh had to work and the gym didn't have daycare. I also didn't get around to doing a dvd as I thought I would have.....(blame the new book I got for my bday!!) BUT I DID GO TODAY!!! I finished up week 3 and I did 45 minutes of the cardio also. phew....Here's to week 4 tommorow!!!
  • Wow angel eyes! A Jillian workout AND 45 minutes of cardio?! I hope I'm in that kind of shape soon. I hadn't realized how out of shape I was until I did my workout today. And my thighs are already sore so I'm sure once I sleep and am still they will really be on fire.
  • Well thanks for the vote of confidence Happydaisy!! In all honesty, it should have been 1 hour!!! I missed a day of just cardio and I was trying to play catch up. BUT ITS ALL GOOD RIGHT? As for the sore muscles, it does take awhile to rest them up.....that is why she chooses different muscle groups to workout on the days that she does. Just think....today it will be an all new set of muscles that hurt!!! Just joking....keep up the good work!!!
  • Howdy, I just finished my hour of cardio. I am out of sequence. Did rest day yesterday due to circumstance that required my presence elsewhere. Will start week 5 tomorrow. Scale is looking good mid week.
  • Week 1/Day 2 done. Ouch, but it was fun because my sister did it with me. Hope all you ladies are doing well!
  • I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Day 1 of Week 5 complete. 62 minutes.