Buddies looking to lose 20 pounds or less by Christmas

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Welcome Nikel1979,

We sure have a lot of strong and powerful people on this thread, If I was having cramps I would be laying in bed with a magic bag and doing a little whining. With all the working out you do I am sure you are going to push our weight loss numbers up nice and high! We may be losing three whole people or 6 elves?
  • Hello Everyone,
    This sure is a nice thread. Very interesting and full of life. I haven't posted for awhile cause I haven't been doing very well with my food choices and been feeling a little down about falling off of the wagon. Have found it very hard to get back on. I am still working out at least 3 days a week. My daughter is concerened that I am falling behind in my goal of 20 lbs. by Christmas so she is helping me with making better food choices. Just her getting involved and helping me has put a fire under my big butt. Reading this thread has helped bunches too. Hope it keeps burning.
    Anyway, I would like to join with you in reaching your goals by Christmas. What a wonderfull gift it will be for all of us. I hope that I will be able to inspire all of you as much as you have done for me.
    Until next post,

TJ
  • Hi Everyone, I started 2 weeks ago to lose 20 by christmas, So i think this is the right spot to post! (If ya'll have me!)

I am down in the dumps this morning, but determined to keep moving in the right direction (not to the fridge!) I even re-arranged the whole house yesterday just to keep myself occupied!
    I ofter wondered if I should start a monthly thread to see on a whole what the people who write in to this forum lose? Ie. just log in your monthly weight loss, and see the total, I think it would be amazing, even if everyone lost 3-4 pounds a month, how many people on this thread!!! That would be a ton or more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway! I am in for christmas. want to get to 186! and to do a april fools day challenge ( I was actually thinking mothers day but aprils fool is fine) I WOULD BE AT OR BEYOND MY GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is mind blowing to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi TJ,

When your feeling down is when you need to come and talk to us, you took a big step just by posting today. It is awfully hard to get back on to program but just take it one day at a time, or even 1 meal at a time. It is so much easier to build on success so start by making 1 good choice and then it takes a little of the guilt and frustration away. Keep in mind that you can always ask for a 1 on 1 buddy that you can mail privately if you need to. I would be happy to do that if you want for you or anyone else who needs extra support.

[email protected]

Stay Strong
  • Welcome: icedragon6669,

You bet you can join, every pound counts on this Christmas Goal thread. You obviously have good strategies for dealing with those evil urges, re-arranging the furniture is a great idea. I think I may need to start cleaning out some cupboards around here, that is going on my list of things to help keep me away from food.

I think you should start that thread for January maybe. Asking everyone to keep track from the 1st through the 31st to see how many pounds get lost in that period. How many people could we build with all those pounds?
  • Halloween Party Sucess!
    I Did something huge for me today!

I took my 6 year old to a community Halloween party and didn't eat a single calorie!

I filled a plate with the 3 cookies and cupcakes that my son asked for and put a bunch of veggies on the plate and didn't even lick a bit of icing off of a finger.

There were chocolate cupcakes,chocolate candies,giant homemade gingerbread boys (which I love) and cookies with m&m's,pop,juice and more and I didn't even think about eating them.

I went to all the play and activity stations with my son and watched the kids decorate cookies and never even wanted anything.

I think this must be the first time in my life that this has ever happened.

I don't think I could have had a better day!
  • I would like to lose 15 by Christmas!
    Hello....this sounds like the perfect group for me! I'm aiming to lose about 15 pounds by Christmas, which would put me at about 186. I'm aiming for 150 by August of 2006 which is when I am getting married! I want to surprise my family at Christmas...my fiance and I live 9 hours away so we only see them every once and a while and if I meet that goal I will have lost 25 since they last saw me

I will try to post any weight loss I have every week...usually I weigh on Fridays.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone does with their goals!!!
  • Welcome Faith,

Oh, that will be fun surprising everyone with a thinner you! We look forward to having you here with us.
  • Food For Thought!
    To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.
    La Rochefoucauld

Just a little something to think about before the week begins....
  • Well I didn't get around to doing any actual excersice today. I cleaned house though. My 2 year old is getting a twin bed tomorrow. (I can't believe how big he's getting! ) I had to clean up his room and move some stuff around. Then I decided to go through his dresser. Then I just decided to keep going, and cleaned the whole house - scrubbing the floors and everything.

Now I just have to stay strong tomorrow night. We're talking the babies trick or treating at the zoo, and Krisy Kreme has a booth every year.
  • Hello faith, ice and garden! Welcome to the group!

I hope that everyone is having a good weekend. I know that Halloween is quickly approaching so hopefully we have plans in action. I brought some SF candy today because I know our office is going to be packed with treats on Tuesday.
  • I'm proud of you strong girls! I go weak today and ate some peanut m&m's ... damn Halloween candy! I hate it! But I worked out A LOT ... I did a video that kicked my butt and then I walked on the treadmill so maybe I at least balanced out? LOL Yeah, I'm wishful. But hey, tomorrow is a brand new day right?

Welcome faith, ice & garden!

Talk to you lovely ladies manana!
  • Morning gals,

Well, I had my WI today. I'm happy in the fact that I had a no loss. Gosh never thought that I would really be happy with that, but considering the week I had... no loss is good. I was expecting to gain 2 lbs. I ate like total crap even though I did refuse buying chocolate. I wasn't going to let myself be tempted. I figure I've been doing with avoiding the temptation. Though I am lucky.. if I really get in a fix and need chocolate, I told the DH to hide it on me then I can't scraf up the whole bag. It's funny because he was thinking the same way. He has a little lock box and he is the only key holder so if I want some I have to ask him.

Today is a new day for me. I am going to concentrate on some specific goals for the week. Maybe if I write it all down, I might actually stick with it. I am going to be going for a walk today since it is actually and it's suppose to be close to 60. I thought the whole family could get out of the house and have a nice day. I think the DD would like that. Took her for a walk around the block yesterday to get her some OJ at the local convenience store(ok so there is one almost 30 feet from my house), but I prefer to walk to the other one. It's good exercise.

Welcome to everyone new. Hi Ice.. keep up the good work.

This thread just keeps on growing. It's going to be exciting to see how much we all lose by Christmas. I like the April Fool's Day challenge. I'm up for that one. Ok.. I should go plan out my strategy for this week. Wish me luck. I am really going to buckle down.

Have a good day all.
  • I i really want to lose 17 pounds by christmas any encouragement would be fantastic i have only just started but thought it about time i got my butt in gear!!!!! i hate exercise but have a trampoline, a total gym and weights taking up space unused and as for my diet i lurve chocolate and am finding it really hard not eating it as winter is coming on i dont want to be eating salads right up to christmas so any suggestions on meals would be appreciated thankyou!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone! I am having a really hard time keeping myself away from sweets and other junk food. I am in India and we have the biggest festival coming up in 2 days. Its called Diwali where everyone eats loads of sweets and snacks. There is so much stuff in the fridge and guests keep on bringing more. I am really having hard time! I just ate a piece of cake and I feel like killing myself now then I go like okay so I ate one, lets eat another one...that wont make a difference and then I cant stop also, when I really want to cry my mom says to be easy on myself since its festive season but really..I am afraid I will put on all that I lost in 2 days aahh!! I am stressed! What do I do? What should I do after I eat little sweets? I feel really guilty then I feel like giving up! I really want to lose weight