Looking for a few good friends

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • welcome donna!
    plateaus are tough and i too usually wanna eat my face off but we just have to hang tough. i just got off a huge plateau and now am p/o bc im afraid of regaining what i lost bc ive got bronchitis and havent done anything physical since monday morning.
  • hey jenn......i just thought of another way to get ww materials. do u have friends or family that belong? b/c existing members get materials for 10$
  • my number one suggestion is to come to this website and read the success stories. if they all can do it so can you. 16lbs is great! i always have one thing that i think about when i quit. "i wonder what i wouldve looked like if i kept going" but all of us here are ready to support eachother and make sure we all keep going. dont quit! my advice is to take one day and eat what you want every week. it can be your reward. then you can look forward to it.

p.s. welcome to the "few good friends" thread
  • i totally agree w brody....
    i have a day(actually its like 1 1/4 days) that i look fwd to. each weekend i usually take a full day on saturday and dinner on sunday and then i get back to it. i dont think id last otherwise. my favs are burgers/fries, icecream, pizza, bagels and peanut butter so thats when i usually eat them.
  • Hi girls! how are you all tonight?Or it may be daytime by the time you read this!First I would like to personally welcome KATHYLYNN and DONNA to our thread! Now let's get down to buisness!!

Andrea= Sounds like you are right on track with your eating habits,good for you girl!!Now all you have to do is relax until you feel better!I know it must be hard to sit around when all you really want to do is get moving and lose the weight,but patience is a virtue!!When you are ready,I can garantee you will be going at it full throttle!!I aslo want to thank-you for the advice,I will be sure to take it!! My Godmother said she has the WW material,and she is going to lend it to me,so it worked out great!!Hope you feel a little better today,and we'll talk soon.

Jen=I know about fitday.com!!It's great!I would definatly suggest it to anyone! thanks for the idea!!Hope you are well! Until tommorow.

Kathylynn=Mind if I ask what the "baby countdown 2006" is?This is what I suggest about the funk you are in..Let us help you .on this thread we are here to help you with anything from weightloss to learning how to put in laminate flooring!i think between us we can figure anything out!!And we are here for you anytime!!I check this thread 3-4 times a day and I'm sure someone else does too!

Donna=Hi ! I think it depends on what diet plan you are on,if any.I would suggest going to fitday.com and see what they say.Myself,I would decrease my cal intake if possiable or maybe change up your exercise routine abit so you do a little more,or something that makes you sweat more!I have the best exersice tapes! I do the Slim in 6-beachbody tapes and they really get you going!!By the time you get bored,your done!!And you really feel the burn!!

Bye for now,Wendy
  • good morning ladies!
    hi wendy!! how ya doin? thanks for the support! and yes its drivin me nuts bc not only cant i do it but theres nuttin else for me to do.....im bored!! dunno if im even going to my ww support tonight(i have 2 groups a week) i actually am up half lb so id like to see if i can lose 1 lb by my wi and that would give me 1/2 lb loss. im glad youre able to access the ww stuff its a great plan. reason i said about relatives is cuz its like 15 to join, but if members lose their stuff they can replace it for 10 so she can either buy you a set or give you hers and replace it for 5 dollars less.
    hows everyone else doin?
  • ok bad news....this is the second week in a row where my weight is the same. ive been 161 lbs for 3 weeks now. what gives? at first i thought i was eating too little, bc i was only at 1200 cal a day. so i moved it up to 1500. i even up'd my exercise. i dont know what to do. i feel like im doin everything right. i need help. this morning when i got off the scale i felt like giving up. but i know i cant. ill keep going but its just frustrating. im gonna try another week of the 1500 calries. if that doesnt work maybe ill try to tweek my percentages of carbs. right now i try to keep my fat low. but maybe i should try low carbs. i dont know. i need some advice.
    i know you guys can help.

jen
  • Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to see changes,t hen all of a sudden you'll have a drop. Honestly, seeing your weight the same for two weeks isn't necessarily a bad thing -- if you're only weighing in once a week, maybe you just happened to weigh on a day when you're retaining a little fluid, or ate late the night before, etc. I would give it another week or two and see how you're doing -- if you're the same for a period of time, then start tweaking. You may surprise yourself by seeing a 2 or 3 lb loss next week.

I'm pretty much the same as last week right now because of my monthly cycle -- I know I'm retaining water and don't expect to see a loss this week...but next week I probably will. Just an example.
  • Good Morning my lovely friends!! Hey Jen think of it this way:you have less than half of your goal weight to go so you must be doing something right!! You know any sort of stress is a major factor .My scale says that I haven't lost anymore weight lately,but thats ok with me,I have been really stressed out over going to court in Nov.,Man to think that my ex is going to be able to take my son for unsupervised visits is just heartbreaking.All I want is for my boy to be safe and he won't be with him,Number 1 reason I got rid of him in the first place!!Anyway,I hope this beautiful day brings you all happiness! And welcome to FL chickie! I'll be back!!..
    Wendy
  • hi ladies!

jen: im so sorry youre at a plateau but hang in there! maybe youre fat is too low? we all can do this if we just hang in!
    wendie: im sorry yre under alot of stress...that always gets in the way.
    kathy:did you send me an email? i have an unrecog. email in my box and was just wondering...

chickie: welcome!

im doing good so far. ive had some water and i ate 2 eggs w 8 egg whites and i will snack on fruit and then have some chicken salad w ff mayo and some grapes for lunch and 2 c elbows w a few oz chicken along w my salad
  • my aol name is andreaphilip3
  • thanks for all the advice. you guys are amazing.

fl chickie- i need patience like you. good luck next week w/ ur WI next week! welcome to "few good frineds"

wendy- thanks for the positive thinking, i need that. i hope court goes well for you and your son.

andrea- ok i think my carbs are way high, so im gonna try to do low carb for two weeks and see what happens. all i eat is carbs.....whole wheat breads, bagels and energy bars. so i gotta get that in check

starting south beach diet tomm. lets hope this works.

thanx for the support ladies!
  • http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67117
  • hi ladies.....
    im of to my support group but ill bbl.

jenn: are you planning to enter right into phase 2 i hope? phase 1 isnt healthy. you need carbs!
  • Hi girls,

Jen, I am impressed with your wt. loss 34lbs is great, but I know how you feel about being stuck. It sucks.

I am on 1,500 cal. diet. I am a diabetic, it's not just about looking better anymore it's about my health.

I do threadmill 30 minutes a day at 3 miles an hour, and sweat like a son-of-a-gun. I hate being stuck, but it helps to know I'm not alone.

Thanks for listening to me whine.
    TTYL Donna