Weekly Chat - October 3rd - 9th

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hello everyone!

Brenda - Yup, I did my Pilates. I am definately a self-proclaimed slug though. I HATE to exercise! But I kinda like Pilates because you lay down to do it and its not like running around, huffing and puffing and getting all sweaty. Its just doing slow moves that you can feel working the muscles in your abdomen and it actually feels good! And by the way - even though you don't "exercise" I'll bet you do more than any of the rest of us. (Except for Robin, of course.) You're always busy going here or there, doing this or that... Woman - you NEVER seem to sit down!

Robin - I'm glad you're feeling better now. Its so frustrating getting sick or hurt when you're trying to diet and exercise because they just do NOT go together. But you are such a motivation, always exercising... It was just a small *blip* and you'll be back on track in no time!

Audrey - I've done the same thing with liquid cold medicine and thought "Oh crap - I just screwed up big time". But, if you eat protien and/or fat with the carbs (medicine) it will slow down the absorption of the carbs. So, next time eat a piece of cheese first, then take your medicine and you should be okay.

Have a great day everyone!

-Sarah
  • 1 lb to go to get to my first goal! woo!
  • That's great, Lottie! I bet you are feeling good right now
  • Morning all...it's been a week since I've been in to chat. Today is weigh-in...I stayed the same. Goals for October are to lose 4 lbs by Oct. 31st, workout 5 days a week and on 2 of those days workout at night also. I am going through a slump right now so I will be in and out. Got to work on me and hope that I can keep the body good also. I have been getting LOTS of headaches lately. I have been adding my veggies Robin!! How did you girls do on your weigh in's this week???? Glad to see everyone else here!! It is awesome to read about your progress!! KUDOS to all of you on the good jobs you are doing. Well off to get the house cleaned up and get some energy...I even worked out this morning and I am dragging butt. Have a great day all!!
  • Wednesday
    Sarah: I tried doing pilates and every time I've tried afterwards I'd feel sick to my stomach. One way to make sure I ate right, eh? Good job on doing the pilates and I don't think I do more than anyone...the majority of the day I'm sitting on my butt!

Lottie: WTG on almost making goal! Wish I could say the same!!

Mindy:

Bec: I'm like you...the same WI problem. But I'll (hopefully) make up for it next week. At least I'm getting my water in! Sounds like you've got a great plan in place

Well, ate beef stew last night so I'm sure that didn't help with the scale. And now my neck hurts from cleaning the pool (exercise!!!) yesterday. DANG! And I have to tromp through the woods later and put an outdoor camera out and feed the whitetail. NOT if my neck still bothers me so I'm going to have to keep moving it. ARGH!! I hate when this happens. But I haven't been to the chiro in over 6 months. Maybe it's time. Next weeks WI I want at LEAST 2 pounds gone! So that means it's using the 1/2 cans of soda and then when they're gone that's it except for bowling nights. We'll see if that helps. Have a great day everyone!!
  • I'm a little miffed. I'm currently living with my parents because my husband is in boot camp right now. Well, they left for vacation last night....no big deal right? Well, it would have been if my dad hadn't packed all of my food into their camper! I had bought some italian sausage, bacon, eggs, and breakfast sausage to get me through certain nights that I didn't have time to cook like last night. He took all of it! I felt like crap cause all I had to eat was cheese. I wanted an italian sausage!!!!

Okay, enough of my whining...how is everyone doing today? I'm down some more, but will try and not count it as official until Monday since that is the end and start of a week....so I'm trying hard not to change my ticker! LOL

I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday. I took some Bendadryl for bed last night and that seemed to do the trick, otherwise I just feel like my allergies are getting to me. The sickness definitely isn't hitting me as hard as it did the kids.

Okay, I have a question. When my parents are home all the crap food in the house is no big deal to me, I don't even notice it's there. But we keep all these fruit snacks and cheetos and stuff for the kids. All the sudden I was having a battle with myself last night standing in the middle of the kitchen going....if I eat it no one will ever know...yes someone will know, I will know....oh, but a poptart sounds so good and it will make up for having no food in the house....but if I don't eat that poptart I will be nice and skinny to go see Richard....ARGH!!!!!!
  • Audrey~ I think you answered your own question lol You did pretty good tho!

Brenda~I hope your neck is better soon!! I havent been to a chiropractor in years, probably wont ever go back, but I hope he does the trick for you.

Not much new around here, getting some paperwork in order and getting ready to send it off, hopefully by the end of the week.

Im off to the market to see if I can find anything interesting for supper

Have a great day!
  • Hi! Is it okay if I just jump in here? I just found this super cool forum, I didn't realize that the chat was an ongoing thread, that is too cool!! I read all of the posts from this week before jumping in, you all have done so great!!

I don't remember names yet but someone mentioned looking for a low carb steak sauce, I found some made by A-1 last week at Wal-mart. It's really really good!

oh, and a little about me I'm a 30 year old mom of 2 girls (11 & 3) and I live in Okkklllahoma. (ok, I won't sing it, even though I'm very tempted) I started atkins in July and I am an obsessive weigher as well. I weigh probably 6 times a day. I am 5'9 and have been the big girl all my life. After my back surgery I began exercising slowly but surely but even just the walking irritates it so I don't excercise half as much as I'd like.

Oh, and the cheeto thing, I have SO been there. I never even used to like cheetos and there I was looking at them like they were my life, I even smelled them! What a nut job I am, I thought! I read somewhere that the getting crap food 'for the kids' is just a form of sabatoge and that the kids don't need it either so why bother buying it...I took that to heart and have been trying to buy them alternative snacks instead and it seems to be working well.

Anyway, I will not talk y'alls heads off by my first introduction...can't wait to get to know everyone better

Lacey
  • Hi Lacey and welcome! You've come to the right place for lots of support and encouragment. Look forward to getting to know you!

-Sarah
  • Hiya Lacey!! Welcome
  • Hey Lacey! This forum is my favorite part of the board..the ladies are so supportive..and Robin is good about keeping us inline..lol. jk :P
    That is awesome you found low-carb steak sauce..because I've been looking for some. I have my SO on the diet, as well..and he loves his steak sauce. I think if the steak is nice and tender, with the right seasonings....I don't need steak sauce.lol.

You live in Oklahoma..that's cool. I was born in Tulsa..and lived there in 2000. My grandmother lives there still..and miss her dearly. I haven't seen her since 2001. I now live near Jacksonville, FL. I love the sunshine weather..well, most days we have that. The last few have been a bit rainy for my tastes.

I'm glad to see you are doing well on the low carb so far....I'm working on it myself..in my 3rd week.
  • Quote: Im off to the market to see if I can find anything interesting for supper

Have a great day!
    What did you find for supper? We wound up going up to a popular wing joint down here..I had wings..I need to check the carb count on the sauce I got..although, I don't think it was horrible. It was cajun ranch. and, I had some broccoli & cheese bites there as well. talk about yum.
  • Thursday
    Audrey: Are you busier when your parents are home? Sorry to hear they took all your food! That would make me upset also!

Robin: While you're at the market want to decide for me also? I can always tell when it's time to go shopping because there's NOTHING in the house to fix. I'd even settle for hot dogs I skipped on the chiro---been trying for the past 6 months to just work out the kinks myself and save us some $$. So far it's working.

Lacey: Yup, the only difference is the dates change Too funny about wanting to sing the "Oklahoma" song....every time I hear the state I "hear" them singingi it the way they do on "Twister" Welcome

Mindy: I usually put seasoning salt on my steaks. It's been my replacement for steak sauce. otherwise I always had to have it on also.

Well, the week is almost over thank goodness! I need to quit eating the apples! That and the soda are probably my downfall right now. But it's getting cold so apples won't be around (well, in the store they will but these were FRESH) much longer. I need to find my motivation. I was OP constantly when I first started so how come I can't get that way now? I mean, when I first started on Atkins NOTHING could get me to cheat. Well, TOM could but that's it I need to find THAT motivation. It's not like I hit my goal and can slack or anything!!! *goes off to search for motivation*
  • Good Morning!
    I didnt find anything too exciting at the market, I decided I'd make homemade pizza for supper. BIGGGGG mistake, my stomach felt like lead all night and it would have been cheaper to order it out, than to make it at home Well, its back to chicken tonight

Steak sauce~ I dont use it anymore, I use the mccormick marinades for my steak....just delicious Southwest is my fav.

Good at keeping you in line? only when you dont eat your veggies!!!

Its great to see so many new ppl here!! Stick around we love new people here!!!

Well, dh is mumbling away, using the swiffer in and around me, calling himself names because the only time he cleans is 2 days after Ive done it He's quite funny at the moment! See....because when he started, I said I just did it 2 days ago....then more mumbling about my hair, and he's sure to find more....but I didnt wash it yesterday, so there isnt alot of it on the floor! So thats what brought about the mumbling, because the swiffer cloth is still pretty clean.

Dh is off today and tomorrow, but he has a meeting with a fella who has a ski-doo who wants some graphics on it. That will be so cool to do, I hope we get the job!! I love doing vehicles! I like the signs too, but I really hate installing them!!

Thats about it around here, I'll be doing some shopping for thanksgiving (monday) dh and I will have our little canadian thanksgiving even if we are the only ones

Have a great day everyone
  • you guys are so funny!

I found some cool before and after pictures in a photo album somewhere around there and that was cool!

I'm still in phase 1, have been since July...it's so nice to read that you all are enjoying apples and veggies, it will be so nice when I'm comftorable enough to move on to the next level!! I lost a pound yesterday so that's pretty exciting! Since I don't exercise much it takes longer for everything to show up or down as it may be I just bought some size 16's off of ebay and I can't wait to get them. The 18's I was 'dying' to get into are all getting too big now, woohoo!! anyway, hope that it doesn't sound like I'm bragging but I don't know where else to yack about it and I bet you all understand the feeling LOL

have a healthy day girls!!!

Lacey