We made the local paper.

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • You can read the article here. The only quote they got wrong was "(The show) encouraged us not only to count calories but to eat wisely and to exercise," Kimberley said." We always have counted calories. The show did not chage us we were already doing this.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/p...509110305/1002
  • I love the photo! Way-to-go! Keep up the great work! I know how hard it is!
  • HOW FUN IS THAT????!! That's so cool. I just loved reading it...and the picture is fabulous.
  • Neat...way to go! You have so much to feel proud over and are truly an inspiration to all.
  • Thats pretty cool, Gotta love that picture too!!

-Aimee
  • I love the photo!! Congrats you two!
  • That is totally awesome!!! Love the pic!!

Howie & Kimberley....... thanks for helping me last week or so when I asked about the calorie counting. I do appreciate it! I FINALLY lose something, though little, it was still something! You guys are an inspiration!! Congrats and keep it up!
  • That is such an awesome photo!! You guys rock!!!
  • Positively awesome
  • That photo is superb! My hubby asked if I'm gonna make him climb into my fat jeans with me when I reach goal!

Congratulations to the pair of you!
  • Thanks, you guys! We had fun setting up that shot.

Sometime I'll post photos from our original "pants party" in the early 1990's. When we first dieted together and got to the point where we could both fit in 'em, we had a party with friends and got pictures of people in his old pants...One person in each leg, etc.

I'll tell ya, between his bad back and just generally being 12 years or so older, it wasn't as easy getting into those pants this time around! Howie's brother Greg is in that picture because I had to lean on him or I would have toppled forward and taken poor Howie with me! There was ZERO maneuverability for our feet and lower legs in those things.

Can you imagine having to tell the paramedics what happened? The accident report? Oh, sheesh. Thank God for Greg!
  • That picture is amazing!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and I can only imagine how many couples you inspired when they saw that pic and read the article!
  • The pic is fantastic! Congrats you guys!

~Dee
  • The picture is awesome and so are you two! Way to go in all of your success!
  • That picture is cool ~ way to go you guys. Are you gonna be on TV as some part of that show?