Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 09-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default What do you count as a loss?

Another weird question from a newbie!

When people ask you how much you have lost, do you tell them from your highest ever weight, or just the weight that you have started over?

In my case, my highest weight was 340....I lost 70 lbs, then put back on 50, now have lost 6 of the 50. I started 3-hour diet at 314.

My tracker shows my highest ever weight rather than what I started 3HD with. (Sounds nicer to say I've lost 26 lbs rather than none!!)

What do you think, gals?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:48 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I think the weight tracker should be whatever each individual person wants it to be. That is, I created mine to help motivate me the most, and to keep track for me.

At the same time other posters see it too, of course. And I know I get motivated by seeing other people's successes, and little notes and goals.

my highest weight ever is about 330; I use 320 on my signature because that was my weight when I started my current effort.

Take it easy,
Old 09-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #3  
Lifetime Loser

Ditto dragonwoman!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #4  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I don't actually KNOW what my "highest weight ever" is/was because I didn't want to know at the time and never weighed myself. I suspect I hit 200 lbs my senior year in college. When I graduated, I decided to exercise and eat better and lost some weight, but again, I don't know how much I lost because I had never weighed myself at the "start."

So my 3FC "starting weight" is 189 lbs because that's how much I weighed on my 30th birthday -- the day I decided once and for all to DO THIS and GET IT DONE permanently and walked into a gym. LOL, even THEN I didn't know how much I weighed! On the day I started this final journey, my personal trainer weighed me and I yelped "I don't wanna see!! Don't tell me!!!" And it wasn't until about 8 months later that I asked her to tell me what my starting weight had been so I could see how far I'd come.