Question about ricotta creme dessert rec'd in SBD book...

• I made some today with cocoa powder, vanilla and splenda, and while I liked the way it tasted, I wasn't crazy about the texture. Am I supposed to blend/whip this mixture until smooth? The little lumps kind of turn me off. Any recs for making this more dessert-like? Thanks!
  • Hmmm. I haven't made it myself, but I would suggest beating it with a whisk to break up the lumps. Whisks work great for that. Remember to beat the mixture, not just stir - stirring doesn't break up the lumps nearly as well.

Hope this helps!
  • A lot of people have said that the brand of ricotta that you buy can affect the texture. Some are gritty, others are smooth. I only have one brand available to me, so I never had anything to compare it to.

You can put it in the food processor to make it more smooth, and blend the ingredients better.
  • Thanks!
    I bought Pollo-O because that's what I usually buy but I'll try another brand next time. But for now, I'll try the old food processor to see if I can't smooth this batch out. Thanks!
  • i add some pasteurized egg white to mine and zap it in my little processor.
  • Better!
    I threw it in the blender last night and it was MUCH better. The texture was nice and smooth and less ricotta-y. Thanks again.