Thread for Sept. 4th - Sept. 10th

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hey Sistas! SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED A GROUP HUG!

I left on Friday to go home to Tennessee for the weekend...I just had to get out of here. Hubby called me Thursday and said he was going to be working all weekend and I said "oh no...I am not sitting here by myself all weekend when I could be with family." So Thursday afternoon I booked a flight out of Houston and left Friday. I just got back yesterday. We went to my parents lake house where they had a bunch of family in...now that I am 10 hrs from home...each visit is to important....now as for my points..I did not keep up with them..but I truly don't think I did that badly. We'll see when I weigh in Sat. I hate that I missed my first weigh in...they probably think I am not dedicated...Oh well... I will be there this week.

Stephanie-My heart goes out to you and DH's family...she was so young...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Liz-Hang in there girl....I hate it when I screw up the check book and put us in a bind...I get so mad at myself and then panic...just know it will all work out.

Misty-You need to take a personal day....it will do you good. Great job on your exercise!

Kelly Jo-Just wanted to say hello...I am new here too! Great job on your loss!

Amanda-What happened to our Tigers? Didn't look so hot huh? Maybe this week will be better. I feel for you checking those papers!

I LOVE THE BIGGEST LOSER! I cannot wait for it to start....gets me all fired up!

Haven't done cardio in 6 days, but will be back on track today with trainer...I am sure he will kick my booty!
  • Hey girls....well I got my 30 mins done today on the treadmill. That is done and over. I went over on my points yesterday and I think the total was something like 72 points or something and the scale is up a lb. Oh well. I need to go and pay for my sons school and get lemons for lemonade (this was the mornings bribe to not cry at school lol) Steph, My boys are 4.5 and 15 mos. Yes, I still nurse the "baby" and will till he is about two I think. I am not "crunchy" nor organic nor anything like that. LOL I am one of the most PROCESSED persons around I think. I did watch most of the biggest loser last season and enjoyed it. I will try to watch this season but have a hard time watching every week. I enjoy that and the one on MTV where stars are losing? I am having a brain fart right now. I need to go shower I will be back!
  • Hey Liz,

"The Biggest Loser 2" will be premiering on Tuesday, September 13th from 8:00pm-9:30pm ET/PT. I hope I get a chance to watch it this time around!

Speaking of laundry, I have a mountain to attend to later...
  • Hi Mink & KellyJo,

I don't think I've welcomed you to Slimmin' Sistas yet. If I've left anyone out, I'm terribly sorry. I was going to ask when The Biggest Loser was going to premiere. I don't know if that show is shot in "real time" or not. Last year it looked like those folks were losing weight entirely too fast. IMO Altho, I guess it depend on how often they WI.
  • Hehe, Kitty, Mink is my younger sister! (She hates it when I say "little," even though she's smaller than me. )

Glad to see you got your butt in here, Mink!

And Marcie, I don't know what happened. Mink and I were there, and it was all we could do not to leave the game early (my theory: I paid for those damn tickets, I'm staying). We better beat Miss. State. If we don't...whew...I can't even think of it.

I'm doing okay today. I hit a bit of a rough patch last night and had a pretty somber evening, completely forgetting to eat dinner, too. In fact, it's nearing 8 p.m. and I haven't had anything for dinner yet tonight either...but then I think about my students' papers and how they need to be read before my conferences with them tomorrow. Dinner just doesn't seem to factor in. But I can't do that to myself twice in a row. I'm nowhere near my points allowance for the day. So I guess rather than spending my time on here, I should actually go eat and THEN go read student papers. No use in reading them while on an empty stomach. I might dry heave. Just kidding.

Okay, I'm out. Hope everyone's okay!!! (I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thread, but I'll try to do that tomorrow.)

Have a good night,
    ~Amanda
  • Kitty,
    Thank you for the warm welcome. As for the biggest loser....when you have nothing to do but focus on your weightloss (ie. exercise and eat right 24/7- no job, no family...personal trainers at your disposal) then you can lose faster. They could work out all day if they wanted. No granted there are things to throw them off. They have junk food there......it is their choice I think.
    As for laundry............Hmmmm anyone wanna come over and have coffee and help me fold my whites? LOL (this is the laundry I HATE THE MOST-If Dh would let me....I would just let them in a big pile in the basket and take out what I need) and I should clean my house this week....FIL is coming next wed for my DH's pinning ceremony (two weeks....oi vay)and the house is trashed...my bathrooms need cleaned (living with all boys...............)I just wont be doing it today. I have a dr appt tomorrow-I think I may have a case of bronchitis or something. I dont know if I will walk today or not.....
    I am rambling......I thank you girls for having me in your group. I so enjoy being here.
  • Hey everyone! Well had a great workout session with my trainer yesterday and he told me he could tell I was losing weight. That is always a good feeling when your trainer tells you that. He also got me to jog some yesterday and it felt sooo good. Then went to pick up DD at daycare and her teacher said I looked like I had lost. So maybe it is all finally coming together. I am wearing a pair of pants today that I could not get into 2 weeks ago. I am pleased with that.
    Amanda-hope you got some dinner in and got the papers read with out too much sickness
    KellyJo-You are right about the Biggest Loser-If I could train all day I'd lose quicker too...I just love that show!! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
  • Hello, Ladies!!

It's been a crappy week for me. I am ok food wise (I went over yesterday, but I had flex) and I need to exerscise yet today but for the most part that is on track too.

It's all the non weight related stuff. My personal day was derailed b/c DH has to work that weekend. We have so much going on I don't know hwne I will get another weekend. He took yesterday off and went flying ALL day came home and whined to be about being tired and he could not help with the kids. I can't wait until he has his pilot's cert. We've put over $3,000 into his flying, when it could have gone to better stuff. He's almost done though.

The boy I watch came on Monday with a rash. His mom and my husband both thought it was poison ivy, he went to the dr. yesterday. It's impetiago (spelling?). My son gets a rash on his face yesterday and he starts throwing up. Took him to the same dr. that saw the boy I watch. He has something different from the boy I watch. My son's rash is viral and we just let it run it's course. My daughter and husband started getting sick so they probably have it. FANTABULOUS!!!

Well since my son is napping I might just hit the treadmill and get my workout out of the way. My daughter is 2 she will just play while I workout so no worries about pinched fingers. Then I guess since I have the day off (no daycare kids) I should clean my house. I canned 12 pints of tomato sauce yesterday. That was a first for me. It turned out well. I bought those tomatoes. I am thinking if I ever get enough ripe ones form my garden that I will try some salsa. i got just enough tomatoe sfrom my garden do some V8 like beverage, it was good. I might run to the store and get some more tomatoes so I can can seasoned tomatoe sauce and some stewed tomatoes.

Or maybe I will just take a nap when my DD falls alseep LOL!!

Well have a fabulous day everyone!!!
  • Wow, everyone seems like they're having a blah day. I've been trying to convince myself to go down to the Y & swim. I'm gonna try to leave here about 2:15 & get there b4 shool kids start coming in. I only need 30 mins.

Hi! libbysmom, I don't think I've welcomed you to our group yet. It's good to have more people to support each other. Isn't it great that people are starting to notice the wt loss? That is really motivating.

Misty, I hope non-weight related things start looking up for ya. You know, I just admire someone who cares for other people's children. It is something I know I could never do. I hope those parents really appreciate you. I'm sure you really need that day off. Hope DS feels better & the rest of your family don't come down sick too. I'll send you some virus warding-off vibes.

Ok, gotta go now & gather up my stuff to go to Y. Getting there is half the battle with me. Once I'm there, I'm ready to exercise.

later, Sistas
  • Goodmorning Sistas! Hope everyone is doing well..its a bit quiet here...I am guessing everyone is really busy.

Misty-Oh I pray you don't get the virus and I am so sorry about your personal day...maybe next weekend? Hang in there!

Kitty-Thank you for the welcome..I'm so glad to have found a place where I feel like I fit in. Its good to be here. Hope you were able to get your swim in!

I did 45 min cardio yesterday doing the bicycle and then 35 min. of jogging/walking...it felt good and believe it or not I am sore today even though I have been exercising for 6 weeks...I guess I worked some different muscles. My abs are so sore from working out with the trainer on Wed. I am with him again today to do legs. I have struggled this week in going over my points...I am really using those flex pts but they say to use them and that is what they are there for. I just love my wine at night-that really uses up the pts...I will have to cut back somewhere or decided whether or not I want to use my pts for liquids or foods...hmmm might need to be food...think wine counts as a fruit? HA HA HA

Well hope you all are having a great week...I am really looking forward to weighing in tomorrow...keep your fingers crossed for me on my first weigh in!!

Marcie
  • Hi Marcie!

Boy, it is quiet here this morning. I think wine counts as a fruit if you're in France! I find that if there is something I really want or enjoy eating, I go ahead & eat it (or drink it) if it is worth the points to me. We all have to decide what we can't live without. For me, it's having potato chips every once in a while. But when I'm following WW core plan, i don't crave them anymore. Although, around here it is hard to find something to snack on. Everyone knows to keep their snacks out of my sight.

Good work on keeping up with the exercise. I did do my water workout yesterday & the trainer there showed me some exercises to do with water weights. (upper body) My arms are a little sore today. gonna do 1 mi WATP video today, but leave off the stretchy band work.

Gotta go now, I'll try to get back on later today.
  • Hi everyone!

I'm doing ok - $ its better. We had miscalculated and actually had $9 lol, not that much more, but it was more. And then my mom put money into my account - though I didn't ask her to... and I didn't ask her for a reason, I didn't want her to do that. It was our fault we had only $4 (well $9) left, so I didn't want to have to run to her and ask to borrow money for a week. But she did, so at least now I can do a little shopping.

Point wise - I did ok this week. Not great, but ok. I would have done better had I not baked a cake we had left. But I still counted the points, though I'm not sure if its right.

Exercise - I didn't exercise at ALL this week. I know I need to get back into that habit, I didn't even walk at work so that really sucks.

WI - stayed the same. Better than a gain I suppose, and had I exercised, I'm sure it would have moved down.

My period is due to start tomorrow. I am NOT looking forward to it. I'm almost scared for it to start because of the horrible cramps I had last time. I really hope that if it starts, it will tomorrow or wait until Tuesday. If I have cramps like last time, and its on Monday, there is no way I can go to work, but there is no way I can miss it. So hopefully it will start this weekend or later next week. We'll see.

I hope everyone is doing great!

~Liz